Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Mudryk just looks to me like a very good but not special player. The kind of flashy wide player that comes around fairly often. 

The sort that if we were after him for a reasonable price I’d be fine with. Something like £35-40m. But for £80m or whatever they want for him he looks dramatically overpriced and I think he’s got huge bust potential for that sort of cash.

Think we can do better if we’re after another wide player.

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Said this the other day, seems very scatter gun to me.

I'm not sure how to feel on this. I guess Boehly and co don't contain when stuff leaks, so maybe what looks scatter gun is actually strategic but the timing that things hit the press make things simply look like chaos. Who can say. I do think that we are enquiring about most players who might be available, probably to collect data as much as anything (understand if they really are available, expected asking price). All of it helps us to understand the market I guess.

Edited by Mhsc

Problem being and fetching in a RB as they know it will be purely stop gap until RJ returns- if you are Dumfries your fucking barmy to come here knowing you will be surplus once the main man is back.

Dumfries is playing well at Inter, makes no sense for to be here if he wants to keep playing.

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Problem being and fetching in a RB as they know it will be purely stop gap until RJ returns- if you are Dumfries your fucking barmy to come here knowing you will be surplus once the main man is back.

Dumfries is playing well at Inter, makes no sense for to be here if he wants to keep playing.

I think in football, history shows that money matters more than anything else on average.

1 minute ago, Mhsc said:

I think in football, history shows that money matters more than anything else on average.

Of course, your correct. But the flip side is there are players out there who would rather be guaranteed starters than bit part used.

8 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

True, but a 25yo player who's just about to hit his prime years will want to play.

Going to a club where you're expected to be second choice is a short sighted decision for an ambitious player. Sure in the short term they may get a bigger wage package but if their career development stagnates as a result their long term earnings may suffer. There's a lot of hype around Dumfries and if he stays at Inter now  he could easily get the chance at another big club as a starting player, maybe Man Utd?

The thing about signing a new RB is that we don’t even need to shop in the highest bracket. Even signing a fairly young player who can run up and down the wing and actually add something to the attack would be a substantial upgrade on current Azpi.

We could probably spend £20-25m and sign a RB who’s good enough to deputize for Reece without that new player feeling aggrieved when they go back to the bench when he returns.

What about Max Aarons from Norwich? He has been linked with a move to a big club for a few years now. Can we not try for him?

19 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

And did Boehly knew about Mudryk at all last week? Our transfers seems bizzare without any actual planning behind it. 

Someone mentioned the other day that Leao is looking more likely to resign with Milan now. 

With that in mind, it probably makes sense that Chelsea may have made contact with Shakhtar to gauge where their negotiations are with Arsenal as an alternative option. It's not out of the picture that negotiations break down with Arsenal and they end up looking elsewhere.

If Shakhtar are using that to drive the bargain with Arsenal then so be it. I don't think Boehly particularly cares about that to be honest, it's Arsenal's problem.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The thing about signing a new RB is that we don’t even need to shop in the highest bracket. Even signing a fairly young player who can run up and down the wing and actually add something to the attack would be a substantial upgrade on current Azpi.

We could probably spend £20-25m and sign a RB who’s good enough to deputize for Reece without that new player feeling aggrieved when they go back to the bench when he returns.

What about Max Aarons from Norwich? He has been linked with a move to a big club for a few years now. Can we not try for him?

He's gone down a couple of times now with Norwich hasn't he and still not made a move which probably suggests that his career has stagnated a little and maybe the Championship is his level.

It might depend a little on availability, but if Fofana is back soon and Badiashile is signed, then I'd be inclined to give Chalobah a chance at right back when Reece is out injured. 

At some point this spending will need to be reigned in and we still have multiple positions that need improving. I know it's a bit of a weird one given how good Reece is in that right back position and the regularity of games he's missed in the last 12-18 months but I'm still of the feeling that backup and squad players should come from within unless it's a cheap young prospect being signed up or a deal for someone on the cheap with an expiring contract, which allows transfer budgets to be spent correctly getting a couple of players in each summer who genuinely impact that starting XI in a positive manner.

9 minutes ago, Superblue said:

Someone mentioned the other day that Leao is looking more likely to resign with Milan now. 

With that in mind, it probably makes sense that Chelsea may have made contact with Shakhtar to gauge where their negotiations are with Arsenal as an alternative option. It's not out of the picture that negotiations break down with Arsenal and they end up looking elsewhere.

If Shakhtar are using that to drive the bargain with Arsenal then so be it. I don't think Boehly particularly cares about that to be honest, it's Arsenal's problem.

I said that, but even then this is still weird. 

Bloke has been whoring himself to Arsenal. 

5 minutes ago, Superblue said:

He's gone down a couple of times now with Norwich hasn't he and still not made a move which probably suggests that his career has stagnated a little and maybe the Championship is his level.

It might depend a little on availability, but if Fofana is back soon and Badiashile is signed, then I'd be inclined to give Chalobah a chance at right back when Reece is out injured. 

At some point this spending will need to be reigned in and we still have multiple positions that need improving. I know it's a bit of a weird one given how good Reece is in that right back position and the regularity of games he's missed in the last 12-18 months but I'm still of the feeling that backup and squad players should come from within unless it's a cheap young prospect being signed up or a deal for someone on the cheap with an expiring contract, which allows transfer budgets to be spent correctly getting a couple of players in each summer who genuinely impact that starting XI in a positive manner.

I’m sick of playing our players in strange positions like that. Chalobah or RLC at RB can work for a game or two in emergency situations but our system relies SO heavily on the wingbacks or fullbacks being key parts of the attack. When our forwards are already struggling mightily to score goals, adding a fullback who gives us nothing going forward like Chalobah sounds miserable.

44 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Yep. This is the one situation where having a bonafide world class player turns into a negative.

Our best bet of finding a quality James 'back up' is signing someone who primarily plays in another position but can cover there well when James is down. 

Don't know what to think about fact, that apparently Chelsea is running life-or-death bidding battle with Chelsea itself for Enzo. No other club seem to be actually interested in him, what is worrying in the first place, we are offering way over release clause and still can't get it done?

Plus, if paying the clause is not possible due to FFP, does it mean we are not getting anyone else for a long time then?

Edited by Vegetable

50 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Don't know what to think about fact, that apparently Chelsea is running life-or-death bidding battle with Chelsea itself for Enzo. No other club seem to be actually interested in him, what is worrying in the first place, we are offering way over release clause and still can't get it done?

Plus, if paying the clause is not possible due to FFP, does it mean we are not getting anyone else for a long time then?

I think the point of splitting the fee in installments is to facilitate other transfers within the next two windows . 
paying a small amount like 6m over the clause but managing to defer a large chunk may actually be a wise move financially given inflation.