Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

43 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Basically a jack of all trades and master of none.

I wouldn't say that, 10 or shadow striker are definitely his optimal positions. But other than Timo and Kai he also combines speed and technique, which means he should be able to work in the other offensive positions as well

Edited by Artandur

6 hours ago, Strike said:

I think few mids have edged ahead of Rice in the last year. Bellingham, FdJ are the ones I would be excited about targeting.

FDJ I am not so sure about. He seems like someone who has got there money and is now comfortable with the life that contract gave him. Personally, I would pick Rice over him.

As for Bellingham, I like him a lot but I think he needs another year in the Bundi. I fear if he comes back next year he may get over awed like a lot of the young players coming in from there; although I do appreciate he has some experience of England already. 

59 minutes ago, blues.bridge said:

Then, will you be in favor  in ipotetical swap between Lukaku and Felix? ( both are not good in their current teams, and both teams would like to cut them off)?

No thanks, Felix is just another Havertz. 

2 hours ago, Artandur said:

I wouldn't say that, 10 or shadow striker are definitely his optimal positions. But other than Timo and Kai he also combines speed and technique, which means he should be able to work in the other offensive positions as well

Nkunku is very average as a winger, he should only play as a second striker or a no. 10.

13 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Will be absolutely embarassing if we end up with that Rice, one of the most mid footballers I've ever seen, people only want him because he is a Chelsea fan his ability alone is Tottenham tier at best.

Hope we get Caicedo if we fail with those 2 and stop this dumb infatuation for that guy.

I’d still love Rice here. He’s basically risk free as he’s already doing very well in the PL unlike some of the super expensive alternatives. He’s a captain, a leader, and a big personality. Also has great relationships with the other English lads in the squad.

The price is of course crazy but he’s the sensible midfield signing we could make. He’s a DM that you can plug into the XI and pair with literally any of our others without worrying.

6 hours ago, Strike said:

I think few mids have edged ahead of Rice in the last year. Bellingham, FdJ are the ones I would be excited about targeting.

Neither of those are true DMF's though, although they both could play there.

I would take Bellingham over any DMF or CMF on the planet, though Pedri would make me hesistate a bit, but not for that long.

Not counting AMF (and no way am I counting Foden as a CMF), the truly WC MFers are (and Kante is there when healthy):

Jude Bellingham
Pedri     
Joshua Kimmich    
Declan Rice    
Aurélien Tchouameni
Federico Valverde       
Frenkie de Jong
Gavi    
Rodri
Sergej Milinković-Savić
Nicolò Barella
Eduardo Camavinga  
Leon Goretzka    
Mikel Merino   
Marco Verratti   
Mateo Kovacic 
Marcos Llorente    

Soon

Vitinha   

Ryan Gravenberch

Moisés Caicedo

54 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Nkunku is very average as a winger, he should only play as a second striker or a no. 10.

I completely agree, but when we play back 3 we don't really play with traditional wingers anyways. Just as Mount and Kai didnt exactly play as wingers yesterday. Nkunku could easily play that role. Now when we play back 4 with traditional wingers, he should definitely only play 10 or shadow striker, i agree.

4 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Basically a jack of all trades and master of none.

All time single season most goals (35) by a MFer in topflight, top 10 European league history is hardly 'master of none'. Plus 20 assists, and is already at 10 goals this season.

Have you even watched him play to any sort of extensive amount?

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

All time single season most goals (35) by a MFer in topflight, top 10 European league history is hardly 'master of none'. Plus 20 assists, and is already at 10 goals this season.

Have you even watched him play to any sort of extensive amount?

Liverpool reported to be trying to hijack the deal.

On 16/10/2022 at 10:57, Reddish-Blue said:

That leaves Declan Rice, let's see how much the new owners are willing to spend...

God that would be depressing, especially for £100m plus, £70m even.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

I’d still love Rice here. He’s basically risk free as he’s already doing very well in the PL unlike some of the super expensive alternatives. He’s a captain, a leader, and a big personality. Also has great relationships with the other English lads in the squad.

The price is of course crazy but he’s the sensible midfield signing we could make. He’s a DM that you can plug into the XI and pair with literally any of our others without worrying.

Wouldn't want him as our next captain over Reece, the latters first words to Koulibaly was "ready to win trophies" while the former is celebrating equalizers against non league teams harder than Drogba in Munich and making excuses for that nations league mess. I know who i'd rather lead us.

He's also far from a sensible signing. Moyes' compact underdog system is known for aiding defensive minded players to look a lot better than they actually are. City and Madrid got duped into buying Lescott and Gravesen respectively because of it and look how much better Zouma looks now compared to how out of his depth he was with the more "complex" tactical responsibilities under TT, Lampard (before he dummed down the system post lockdown) and even Conte. Going from a team happy to cede possession to one that aims to dominate even against City is a gigantic change.

I hope i am wrong but this has all the hallmarks of a Lukaku level stylistic mismatch.

4 hours ago, blues.bridge said:

what do you think about Mudryk and kvaratskhelia istead of Leao??

I think we should be in Leao & Kvaratskhelia if we aren't going for Osimhen (only potential WC CF around).

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

Will be absolutely embarassing if we end up with that Rice, one of the most mid footballers I've ever seen, people only want him because he is a Chelsea fan his ability alone is Tottenham tier at best.

Hope we get Caicedo if we fail with those 2 and stop this dumb infatuation for that guy.

if we do not buy Rice next summer, or at the absolute latest, 2024, I will rapidly start to lose interest

if summer 2024 comes and goes with no move (almost impossible, ((unless he goes full Hammer perma bitch and renews)), as his contract expires in mid 2025 due to an extra year option) then fuck it, as buying him in 2025 means only 3 sub 30yo seasons left, and he plays A LOT, so that mileage will pile up

I would, obviously, take him on a free in summer 2025, but buy........, not a chance (as if he renews, West ham will surely want close to £150m or so in 2025 (barring major injuries between then and now). as he will 'only' be 26yo) .... only 3 full sub 30yo seasons for a DMF is NOT worth £150m

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

if summer 2024 comes and goes with no move (almost impossible, ((unless he goes full Hammer perma bitch and renews)),

On a slightly related note I always laugh when people make Harry Kane a victim of his trophyless career.

He chose to sign big new deals knowing what Levy is like, no one else.

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

On a slightly related note I always laugh when people make Harry Kane a victim of his trophyless career.

He chose to sign big new deals knowing what Levy is like, no one else.

yep

the big 3 of recent (ie last 5 years or so) EPL long contract stupidity

Kane

Rice

Zaha