Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tomori would of been perfect to play where he did here under Frank in a back 3 with TT or even on the right. Plus I have every faith he wouls of plaued more often with TT than with Frank the second season.

And with Rudiger going, he would of been a shoe in perhaps but to be fair, (what looked like) a lack of belief in him and chances he got under Frank sealed his fate.

And for someone in his situation, when a club like Milan come knocking, particularly with Maldini fronting a lot of their transfer activities, the history of players like him, Baresi, Nesta etc weaved into their history, its a once in a life time chance and a tough call for any young defender. He's no doubt improved a lot but I feel he would of done so here with Thiago Silva (who definitely had a positive influence on Rudi and Andreas as did TT) and the managers system, as well as due to his talent, which was there. 

Guehi is good too but I think Tomori is definitely a much much bigger fuck up. Between the board and Frank, putting him on a loan there with an option was mental. I mean its mind boggling. You don’t do that unless both club and manager are more than happy to let a player go either so the blames definitely as much on Frank as the folk on the board.

The issue was, no-one really knew what a fair price for Tomori was going to be.  At the time when he left the club, it was raw potential, don't think anyone expected him to go to Milan and become a staple of their first team defense so quickly. 

Fair play to AC Milan, they took the chance on him and they got a very good CB for a cut price fee. 

Hopefully for us, Colwill develops properly and he lives up to the hype as he would slot in nicely to our defensive scheme in the near future!

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

thanks

and I am happy with this

I still wish Christoph Freund would change his mind about Sporting Director

I know, I know

he has said no, nein, nej, nyet, non

but I am a never give up type of girl, lolol

56 minutes ago, Vesper said:

thanks

and I am happy with this

I still wish Christoph Freund would change his mind about Sporting Director

I know, I know

he has said no, nein, nej, nyet, non

but I am a never give up type of girl, lolol

Michael Edwards...

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Any read on Vivell? Seems like has been hired since he is young, has experience with a multi-club structure and could go along with new owners' moneyball methods.

I would like to know what were the differences of opinion he had with the ownership that caused him to leave

he was pretty damn successful there

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I would like to know what were the differences of opinion he had with the ownership that caused him to leave

he was pretty damn successful there

Isn't it obvious the reason is because he'd held talks with another club about joining them without informing Leipzig about it?

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I have not seen any solid evidence that that was the reason

Yeah there's been no 'official' confirmation about it but the timing seems way too obvious to be a coincidence. Within 30 minutes of Leipzig announcing his departure it was already being briefed by Law, Jacobs etc. that Vivell has already agreed to join Chelsea as the club's new technical director (and there were rumors before too).

If the 'sacking' wasn't in any way linked to his move to Chelsea there's no way anything would be agreed so soon.

23 hours ago, Vesper said:

question

are we also going to have a SPORTING director?

it is my understanding (perhaps a wrong one) that a technical director is in charge of the of the overall club structure, and a sporting director is in charge of the on the the pitch/recruiting side

Vesp, my brain hurts again🙃

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

Vesp, my brain hurts again🙃

others answered it (my question)

we are getting a sporting director as well

which I am very happy about

I absolutely trust Boehly/Behdad Eghbali, José Feliciano + the rest of Clearlake/Wyss/Walter/Goldstein etc to build a WC organisation

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F965ef43d-3c1f-40e6-a56f-7a585a24186f_2048x1364.jpeg
39 mins ago

Talks to be held over difficult Denis Zakaria situation

It’s not been easy for Denis Zakaria - he looked set to stay at Juventus before Chelsea decided to go for him in the final few hours of the transfer market. Chelsea signed him on loan with a purchase option of €20m, plus €4m in add-ons.

I’m told this deal will be discussed again because the situation is worrying - he’s not playing, he was wanted by Thomas Tuchel and he planned to have him as a starter. Still, under Graham Potter he’s not playing, he’s not even on the bench. This is why the clubs and player will speak again, because at the moment this deal makes no sense for anyone involved.

And let’s see what Chelsea will do in midfielders in January or next summer. They wanted Frenkie de Jong in the summer and Jude Bellingham will be on the market next summer, with many clubs interested.

31 minutes ago, Vesper said:
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F965ef43d-3c1f-40e6-a56f-7a585a24186f_2048x1364.jpeg
39 mins ago

Talks to be held over difficult Denis Zakaria situation

It’s not been easy for Denis Zakaria - he looked set to stay at Juventus before Chelsea decided to go for him in the final few hours of the transfer market. Chelsea signed him on loan with a purchase option of €20m, plus €4m in add-ons.

I’m told this deal will be discussed again because the situation is worrying - he’s not playing, he was wanted by Thomas Tuchel and he planned to have him as a starter. Still, under Graham Potter he’s not playing, he’s not even on the bench. This is why the clubs and player will speak again, because at the moment this deal makes no sense for anyone involved.

And let’s see what Chelsea will do in midfielders in January or next summer. They wanted Frenkie de Jong in the summer and Jude Bellingham will be on the market next summer, with many clubs interested.

Was a strange signing. If Bellingham is an option in the Summer than. I doubt he will be here very long. That said, as an emergency CM he is a reasonable option. 

19 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Was a strange signing. If Bellingham is an option in the Summer than. I doubt he will be here very long. That said, as an emergency CM he is a reasonable option. 

I don't think it was a strange signing, in the sense that the club & Tuchel knew about Kante's injury worries and Kovacic is only just returning from a nasty injury himself.  Zakaria fits the bill of dynamic box to box midfielder (that's what I've seen him do in the Bundesliga as well as for his national team), it's surprising that he hasn't featured yet but there will be plenty of time to change that with the amount of games we are about to play. 

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

others answered it (my question)

we are getting a sporting director as well

which I am very happy about

I absolutely trust Boehly/Behdad Eghbali, José Feliciano + the rest of Clearlake/Wyss/Walter/Goldstein etc to build a WC organisation

My personal opinion is that they will go back in for Michael Edwards. Reports suggest he was there first choice in the summer and that he was personally very impressed with the pitch but wanted a sabbatical.

I think having come out of last summer, you wouldn't expect huge work done in the January window and seemingly with the new Technical Director coming in, alongside the new manager and his own recruitment/scouting advisor there are at least some pieces now in place that we perhaps didn't have in the summer.

I mentioned it too at the time and stand by it that Boehly and Eghbali will be far better served in the future for having had to step in during the summer to fulfil that sporting director/recruitment role. It will have been a real crash course test for them but will have helped them gain a far greater understanding of the mechanics involved with transfer deals, and developed relationships with other clubs, agents, etc that wouldn't have been there. They themselves will have a much better understanding of the role of a sporting director and what steps they can make in the future to ensure that whomever it ends up being to take that role is supported in the best way possible to thrive in that position at Chelsea.

I think if they could get a commitment from Edwards to perhaps start at some point next year then they'd go with that.