Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

LB is easy once you say fuck off to Chilwell and his insane £80m dollar price tag

just

make a stab at Theo ASAP on the down low, if that fails, grab Telles

it is madness to not upgrade over what we currently have there

hell I would even be semi happy with Tags for £20m

As I've said before, from everything I've seen and read Theo Hernandez is even worse defensively than Alonso. Awesome attacker but a total liability defensively. Is that what we need? I would say no.

Wouldnt say no to Telles.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

As I've said before, from everything I've seen and read Theo Hernandez is even worse defensively than Alonso. Awesome attacker but a total liability defensively. Is that what we need? I would say no.

Wouldnt say no to Telles.

absolutely disagree, he has been a beast defensively in almost every game I have seen him play

I have no clue what games you watched

also, he has so so much more pace than Alonso

Oh dear. Gotta sell first before buying defensive reinforcements...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/08/02/frank-lampard-faces-wait-find-whether-will-allowed-rebuild-chelsea/

Frank Lampard faces an anxious wait to find out whether or not he will be able to rebuild Chelsea’s defence this summer.

While Chelsea are pushing ahead with their bid to sign Kai Havertz from Bayer Leverkusen, it is believed Lampard will have to create space in his squad to sign defensive recruits.

It is believed Chelsea did not activate their buy-back option on Manchester City-bound Nathan Ake because they currently have four first-team centre-backs at the club.

Lampard is an admirer of Ake and is also interested in West Ham United’s Declan Rice and Atletico Madrid’s Jose Gimenez, while Ben Chilwell remains his top left-back target.

But Chelsea want to offload players in defensive areas before making new signings, which means Lampard and the club would need to find a buyer for either Kurt Zouma, Antonio Rudiger or Andreas Christensen.

Another way to create space and bring in funds to sign Rice, who West Ham value at £65m, or Gimenez would be to sell midfielder Jorginho, who Lampard would be prepared to listen to offers for.

Marcos Alonso or Emerson Palmeiri will have to leave to allow Lampard to sign a left-back, with Chilwell his number one target ahead of Ajax’s Nicholas Tagliafico and Everton’s Lucas Digne.

Lampard will hold talks with Chelsea regarding the future of goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga, who was benched for the final Premier League game of the season against Wolverhampton Wanderers and the FA Cup final defeat to Arsenal.

It is expected that Chelsea will sign a goalkeeper, regardless of whether or not Kepa leaves either permanently or on loan, but the Spaniard’s future will determine what type of signing the club look to make.

Chelsea have identified ambitious top-level targets such as Jan Oblak and Marc-Andre ter Stegen should Kepa leave, while also looking at cheaper alternatives to battle for the number one spot if he has to stay.

No LB in Serie A won more defensive duels (per 90) than Hernández this season. 

Hernández's true tackle win-rate. was 75.0%  again the highest of any LB in Serie A

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/303115/Show/Theo-Hernández

true tackle win-rate is challenges lost and fouls conceded when attempting a tackle.

the equation of total tackles/(total tackles+challenges lost+fouls when attempting a tackle

here are EPL fullbacks TTWR as of March 23, 2020

https://theathletic.co.uk/1692489/2020/03/23/the-10-commandments-of-football-analytics/

a3c9124c3b804c9e40db3ecf2a404853.png

Theo

9d87ce2ce3bb926e7ab2d414b8d8c37b.png4c3fd66db28fbff334b221f05c7cc437.png1c40e5cf625bfc54a88f591eb8244722.png

Stats and take-ons by zone for Milan defender Theo Hernández.

25 minutes ago, DDA said:

Who in their right mind will buy Jorginho. Rudiger. Christensen or Kepa?

You will have to beg the likes of Crystal Palace to take them for free.

Jorginho   Juve as Sarri is wetting the bed for him

Rudiger  stays

Zouma  Everton

AC a German club

Kepa whomever we plant a bomb in their HQ for blackmail :cig:

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

No LB in Serie A won more defensive duels (per 90) than Hernández this season. 

Hernández's true tackle win-rate. was 75.0%  again the highest of any LB in Serie A

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/303115/Show/Theo-Hernández

true tackle win-rate is challenges lost and fouls conceded when attempting a tackle.

the equation of total tackles/(total tackles+challenges lost+fouls when attempting a tackle

here are EPL fullbacks TTWR as of March 23, 2020

https://theathletic.co.uk/1692489/2020/03/23/the-10-commandments-of-football-analytics/

a3c9124c3b804c9e40db3ecf2a404853.png

Theo

9d87ce2ce3bb926e7ab2d414b8d8c37b.png4c3fd66db28fbff334b221f05c7cc437.png1c40e5cf625bfc54a88f591eb8244722.png

Stats and take-ons by zone for Milan defender Theo Hernández.

Most complete left back in the world IMO. Can even give Davies a run for his money. Sadly this is the exact kind of signing that will never happen

I think there would be a pretty sizeable queue for Zouma if Frank wanted to move him on. Even a few pretty big clubs in the PL would have him. Think Mourinho would have him. Everton would love him back. Tomori would have a host of suitors as well if he is offered on loan. 

Rüdiger & AC are the two that I can't see us moving. 

As far as other players, I think finding buyers for Batshuayi and Jorginho will be difficult simply because we probably don't want to take massive losses on them. And nobody is paying near what we paid for them. For that reason I think J5 stays.

42 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Most complete left back in the world IMO. Can even give Davies a run for his money. Sadly this is the exact kind of signing that will never happen

Davies is otherwordly (or soon will be IMHO) his pace is damn near Mbappeian and he has that winger attack mode mentality to pull out when needed, plus is a brutal tackler

but Theo is the best of who is REMOTELY (it will be hard as hell to pull him, probably impossible I fear) available, plus he is damn near a perfect size (1.84m, as when fullbacks get 1.90m or taller, they almost always lose some burst pace or some dribbling skills (the athletes that size who are WC athletes enough to truly play it never play real football, they end up in the yanks' NFL and NBA and those blokes almost never had a footie culture from birth like the rest of the planet does. If the USA completely switched sports emphasis to real football first, then in 10 or 15 years the world would be FUCKED, imagine Michael Jordan or Lebron James, taught from birth to only play footie, as a CF or a DMF, or Giannis Antetokounmpo as a GK (eeeeeeeeeek, if he had legwork skills, how the fuck would you score if he even is remotely near a longer shot Height: 2.11 m
Wingspan: 2.21 m, vertical leap well over 1m ), or the best NFL safeties/corner backs or outside linebackers as CB's and fullbacks)

a football crossbar is 2.44 metres

a basketball rim is 3.05 metres

this is just some rando NBAer (Gerald Green, who is 1.98 m, so basically Cuntois height)

corner/cross problem solved, lololol

Pacers' Gerald Green can get entire head above rim. Wow ...

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Yeah because we don't go for progressive signings at this club. Grrr, damn the board and emin lo...I mean marina

9 hours ago, Pizy said:

Can't address everything in one window. As predicted.

Havertz, Rice, and a keeper for me. Those 3 and we are a lock for top 4 again in my opinion.

A left-back is a higher priority than central defence. Inter and Juve are interested in Emerson, Spanish teams could also make offers for Marcos. 

I can see the club waiting it out for Chilwell and signing Tagliafico if it doesn't work out. Don't want either tbh

44 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

According to Simon Phillips via the Times we are going for Ben Chilwell but a defensive clear out will come first.

He also said that we will see around 10 players leaving. Not sure if he meant only from the first team squad or including loanees?

If it's the former then perfect. Way too much Deadwood

Emerson

Alonso

Zouma

Rudiger

Pedro

Willian

Michy

Barkley

Jorginho

And maybe even Andreas. Though that would mean that we need 3 CBs 

We won't sell three CB's, it will be one, and I have a feeling it would be Zouma when it should be Rudiger.

Don't get me wrong I think they are all really poor, and I am not a fan at all of Christensen.

18 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

We won't sell three CB's, it will be one, and I have a feeling it would be Zouma when it should be Rudiger.

Don't get me wrong I think they are all really poor, and I am not a fan at all of Christensen.

Agreed, Rudi has been the worst of the lot.

But if such a fire sale is on, we should be looking at more youth integration? For eg, can't see us buying 2 LBs, so maatsen get the nod? Gilmour to play a massive role as 2nd DM?

Our squad might be such:

Gk- GK1, willy, Gk3

Cbs- Cb1, tomori, Rudi/zouma/Ac (any 2k)

Lbs - chilwell, maatsen,

Rbs - azpi, Reece

DM - Rice, Gilmour

CMs - mount, rlc, kova, kai

Wingers - ziyech, pulisic, cho

Strikers - werner, Giroud, Tammy.