Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

Agree, we need fullbacks with proper haircuts!

the track record lately on players with Sideshow Bob cuts is poor

look at Arse with the two assclowns (one of them used to be ours)

plus I just dont like it, lol

it obviosly is NOT important in the scheme of things, but just irrtates me further about a very bläääääääääää player

if he has not been at Barca, he would be priced at a third of that Getafe are demanding

they themselves only paid £9m for hm, and THAT figure was inflated because it was Barca selling

I do not like him as a player at all

I do not rate him, and I cannot take yet another shit fullback buy in the £20m to £30m range

it is just insane we keep doing this

here is a history of shit fullback buys

9 starting with del Horno

lets not go for a the La Decima with Cucurella

Asier del Horno almost £20m in today's pounds in fees and bonus  bust

Juliano Belletti  around £8m in fees + bonus in todays quid overall a bust

José Bosingwa almost £25m in today's pounds in fees + bonus semi bust (had the best Chels career on this list by far, the price was the killer)

Yuri Zhirkov  almost £25m in today's pounds  massive bust, horrid buy

Wallace Oliveira around £6m never played a topflight competitive game for us, released on a free 2 years ago

Filipe Luís £18m and a bust (Mo never rated him, very puzzling, as he went back to class at AM)

Baba Rahman £18m , insane bust, shitbox, almost worthless now, so we will lose almost all

Zappacosta £28m in fees and bonuses, WTF, bust, pure panic buy, super nice bloke, but NOT Chels quality

Emerson £26m in total fees+bonus  massive bust, and predicted by me instantly, as we bought damaged goods, Roma robbed us so far (depends what we sell him for)

total gross spend on busts at fullback

£173m PLUS all the salaries, so WELL over £200m gross flushed

I wont put Alonso on here at all, as even though he cost £24m, he has had some huge moments and I was impressed how he stepped up this year, against all the odds, he has huge limitations (his pace mainly, but even that has bizarrely seemed a wee bit better this year) but he is a pretty unique option, and I will not have a problem if he is a bench player next year

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

the track record lately on players with Sideshow Bob cuts is poor

look at Arse with the two assclowns (one of them used to be ours)

plus I just dont like it, lol

it obviosly is NOT important in the scheme of things, but just irrtates me further about a very bläääääääääää player

if he has not been at Barca, he would be priced at a third of that Getafe are demanding

they themselves only paid £9m for hm, and THAT figure was inflated because it was Barca selling

I do not like him as a player at all

I do not rate him, and I cannot take yet another shit fullback buy in the £20m to £30m range

it is just insane we keep doing this

here is a history of shit fullback buys

9 since del Horno

lets not go for a the La Decima with Cucurella

Asier del Horno almost £20m in today's pounds in fees and bonus  bust

Juliano Belletti  around £8m in fees + bonus in todays quid overall a bust

José Bosingwa almost £25m in today's pounds in fees + bonus semi bust (had the best Chels career on this list, the price was the killer)

Yuri Zhirkov  almost £25m in today's pounds  massive bust, horrid buy

Wallace Oliveira around £6m never played a topflight competitive game for us, released on a free 2 years ago

Filipe Luís £18m and a bust (Mo never rated him, very puzzling, as he went back to class at AM)

Baba Rahman £18m , insane bust, shitbox, almost worthless now, so we will lose almost all

Zappacosta £28m in fees and bonuses, WTF! bust bust bust, pure panic buy, super nice bloke, but NOT Chels quality

Emerson £26m in total fees+bonus  massive bust, and predicted by me instantly, as we bought damaged goods, Roma robbed us so far (depends what he sell him for)

total gross spend on busts at fullback

£173m PLUS all the salaries, so WELL over £200m gross flushed

I wont put Alonso on here, as even though he cost £24m, he has had some huge moments and I was impressed how he stepped up this year, against all the odds, he has huge limitations (his pace mainly, but even that has bizarrely seemed a wee bit better this year) but he is a pretty unique option, and I will not have a problem if he is a bench player next year

As I recall Belletti was good. Not outstanding but good. Filipe Luis was OK aswell. Bosingwa before his serious knee injuries was like a right footed Cashley, even in his late years he made some remarkable performances, he played CB in  Camp Nou when Captain Terry decided to kick Alexis Sanchez in the ass in the first half, he also did great in the CL final.

Baba Rahman is total failure, I never imagined an african defender who was great in Bundesliga will turn out to be this bad. Emerson is total mediocre..

Zhirkov was not a bad player but unnecesary to sign with having Ash around.

We had some bad signings but Azpilicueta for like 8 million was a great deal, I also have a faith in James and Maatsen.

4 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

As I recall Belletti was good. Not outstanding but good. Filipe Luis was OK aswell. Bosingwa before his serious knee injuries was like a right footed Cashley, even in his late years he made some remarkable performances, he played CB in  Camp Nou when Captain Terry decided to kick Alexis Sanchez in the ass in the first half, he also did great in the CL final.

Baba Rahman is total failure, I never imagined an african defender who was great in Bundesliga will turn out to be this bad. Emerson is total mediocre..

Zhirkov was not a bad player but unnecesary to sign with having Ash around.

We had some bad signings but Azpilicueta for like 8 million was a great deal, I also have a faith in James and Maatsen.

yes, I hesitated to put Boswinga on there, it was just the price, but I could see him being removed,

Belletti was marginal, but did not cost a shedload, so perhaps a bit harsh

Zhirkov for almost £25m in today's dosh was a huge bust, that was (like Sheva and Torres, two Olympian busts) all on Roman and his son, but hey, its their money, lolol

hopefully we can make most of Emerson's cost back

decent to great fullbacks we had in Roman days (Mario Melchiot and Celestine Babayaro were before his time when purchased)

Wayne Bridge

Glen Johnson (although we lost money on him)

Paulo Ferreira great buy, one of my favourites

Ashley Cole best fullback in Chels history, wish to hell we had bought him in summer 2003

Ryan Bertrand good sale, and he has had a decent career at SOTON

Branislav Ivanovic  great buy, and a decent CB too

Patrick van Aanholt decent player, just not here, lolol

César Azpilicueta super buy, one of our all-time best buys for the low cost spent, 2nd best fullback in the Roman era

Ola Aina, great profit,we made a decent player in Italy, he BOSSED CR7 last season in a game I saw, just owned him like a bish

Marcos Alonso, mixed bag, but has had some big games, deffo a lightning rod

Reece the future (hopefully, if not get Nordi Mukiele ASAP)

On 27/07/2020 at 3:51 AM, blu35_army said:

how about Renan Lodi for LB,,seems style of play just like Marcelo. and still young,,but we know it'll be hard to make a business with ATM....

most-valuable-left-backs-com-1595586994-

great young LB, I had a fit when the bans fucked us on buying him

too late now, Atleti will never sell him, and I am sure his RC will soon be raised to €100m or so (as he is on low wages atm so might need a redo on his contract)

I would take Theo over Lodi anyway, Theo is bigger (5 cms taller), faster, better defensively

my top LBs (pure rate in terms of play, not buy)

Davies (insane talent, size,spped, passing, shooting, and is only 19!)

Alaba

Robertson

Theo <<< buy him, a piece to a CL winning puzzle

Lucas IF you play him at LB again)

Chilwell

Alex Sandro (as long as he is healthy, but he soon is 30yo (January), so will drop-off the list next summer,or the next after that at max and is already too old to buy now)

Gaya

Telles

Digne

Ferland Mendy

Lodi (will deffo move up this list)

Gosens

Nicolás Tagliafico

Marcel Halstenberg

Theo Hernandez' agent confirms 'many interests' in defender ...

Bayern Munich furious for having signed the wrong Hernandez

https://www.acmilaninfo.com/bayern-munich-furious-for-having-signed-the-wrong-hernandez/

lololol

Bayern Munich are reportedly very disappointing having missed Theo Hernandez and instead buying his brother Lucas for a record fee.

Among the few positive aspects of AC Milan this season is Theo Hernandez. The 22-year-old left back has become a pillar of Stefao Pioli’s starting eleven and a cornerstone of the new Rossoneri squad that the management is trying to build.

A pleasant, and far from expensive, surprise. After being rejected by Real Madrid, the French full back has flourished in Italy, establishing himself as one of the best full backs (if not the best) in Serie A.

Milan are obviously enjoying the performances of Theo, a signing strongly desired by Paolo Maldini. The technical director was personally involved in bringing Hernandez to Milan and flew to Spain to convince him to refuse other more lucrative offers.

snip

will be a TOUGH pull :(

4 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

So anly transfer news regarding the sales of the loanees/unwanted players like bakayoko, kenedy, baba rahman, matt miazga, musonda, zappacosta etc.

No. Really this Summer should've been the end of them but Corona has probably put a stop to that. Tbf, Baba for me is on Drinky level of write off, he has no knee left. 

Hearing a lot of rumors about Koulibaly again like every recent transfer window. Being linked with several of our PL rivals.

Really wish he was a target of ours. He would really take us up a huge level defensively. Really hope he doesn't move to a rival. Imagine a Maguire + Koulibaly or Laporte + Koulibaly partnership. Both would be ridiculous I think. Think he has also been linked with Liverpool. VVD + Koulibaly? Yikes.

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Hearing a lot of rumors about Koulibaly again like every recent transfer window. Being linked with several of our PL rivals.

Really wish he was a target of ours. He would really take us up a huge level defensively. Really hope he doesn't move to a rival. Imagine a Maguire + Koulibaly or Laporte + Koulibaly partnership. Both would be ridiculous I think. Think he has also been linked with Liverpool. VVD + Koulibaly? Yikes.

I dont know why, but never got the hype around him. Maybe its Napoli or something else. But just dont understand the 90m/100m price tag around him. 

20 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Too old now and I can see him struggle big time in PL

At GK, I think we should just go to Le Arse and buy one of their GK's. Leno has been a top 3 GK in the league for both his seasons here and Martinez is a complete throw back. Honestly, I have not seen a GK hold on to a ball as well as him for a long time. I must've seen him make about 3/4 stops already where someone has pinged the ball at him and he has stopped it dead with one hand. 

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

too old for the cray money the poison dwarf is demanding

that said

he has 3 strong years left I wager (29 all season, 30 all season, 31yo all season)

at 32yo all season I think he will be showing major decline

3 years and little to no resale value is not good business for £80m or so

£40m (if the rest of our team was sorted and we were going for a Septuple, lol, then YES)

but we have MILES to go to get to possible Septuple talk level (plus to get there you have to win the damn CL and the league and then the next year grab the Super Cup, the CS and the FWCC, plus the League Cup ( a true bitch due to the scheduling) and the FA Cup, and the League again and the CL again, IF you want it to be a true one season Septuple but if you win all 7 linearly over 2 seasons, I will still count it as a rolling the Sept (7 different trophies in a row is 7 trophies in a row)

Liverpool had a shot at it, and shit it away right at the start, by blowing the CS to Pep and Klopp hates the League Cup, he doesnt give a damn abiut it (Pep does, Pep wants the Septuple someday, he just missed a Sextuple with Barca (Spain has no second cup, only France does besides us) when they choked in the Copa del Rey Final v Madrid, that was the only trophy he missed in a row

summer 2010- to all of 2011 (season and a half), greatest football team ever

a831170c7202300fe0bb9b0dd9c83fd7.pngba1b2403a9a16d31863a2b766f3dc830.png

the ONE game that denied him perfection

and it was MOURINHO and CR7, lolol

89671aac024dbc140b57c0363d854a54.png

24 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

I dont know why, but never got the hype around him. Maybe its Napoli or something else. But just dont understand the 90m/100m price tag around him. 

I remember when we first chased him, some, including me, raved about his qualities and were totally in favour of signing him, while others were unimpressed. For myself I liked his power, his one on one defending, his poise in possession and his ability to carry the ball out from the back. I have not watched him this year so can't really offer a current opinion on him but, I previously rated him so highly that my only red flag against trying to get him now is the excessive price tag. Given our urgent need, I'd consider paying big, but not that big.

56 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

He's younger than Van Dijk! Or basically the same age anyways.

And I definitely don't think he'd struggle in the PL. He has it all. Physical monster who is great in the air and in tackles, has great pace and mobility, and is super underrated as a passer. He is the prototype modern CB.

I think if anyone gets him they will improve massively. It's not going to be us obviously because we won't lay that for a 29 year old, but I think he's a sure fire stud if he comes to England.