Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

People should just listen to this podcast on our pursuit of Werner and more...

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/werner-to-chelsea-the-inside-story/id1488521447?i=1000476889309

I listened to this earlier this morning. Funny how a German football expert like Rafa Honigstein says Werner is a top, top player and an absolute steal of a buy at €50m, yet we have internet noobs all over the place saying "meh, he's nothing special." 😂

We just got ultra lucky that the virus is fucking up lots of clubs AND almost every other top club is pretty set at his position. If this was a normal summer Werner would be a £80-100m player that everyone would be vying for.

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I listened to this earlier this morning. Funny how a German football expert like Rafa Honigstein says Werner is a top, top player and an absolute steal of a buy at €50m, yet we have internet noobs all over the place saying "meh, he's nothing special." 😂

We just got ultra lucky that the virus is fucking up lots of clubs AND almost every other top club is pretty set at his position. If this was a normal summer Werner would be a £80-100m player that everyone would be vying for.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Speaking of Jose, I'm expecting fireworks this summer from him. He's going to watch his old club Chelsea signing Werner, Ziyech, Chilwell, etc, he's going to watch his old club United probably sign Sancho. City will undoubtedly splash the cash.

Meanwhile Levy will probably be tighter than he already was in the best of times pre-COVID. Mou is going to be bargain bin shopping! 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Speaking of Jose, I'm expecting fireworks this summer from him. He's going to watch his old club Chelsea signing Werner, Ziyech, Chilwell, etc, he's going to watch his old club United probably sign Sancho. City will undoubtedly splash the cash.

Meanwhile Levy will probably be tighter than he already was in the best of times pre-COVID. Mou is going to be bargain bin shopping! 😂😂😂

Well...

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Willian and Fraser for free.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well...

Yeah, they took a £175m Corona loan from the Govt. From what I understand, they cannot use any of that loan for transfers which suggests they will have to do swaps or frees unless someone buys Kane for £100m or something. 

26 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, they took a £175m Corona loan from the Govt. From what I understand, they cannot use any of that loan for transfers which suggests they will have to do swaps or frees unless someone buys Kane for £100m or something. 

Not sure why they wouldn't be allowed to use the money for transfers. That's like a business taking one of these bounce back loans and not being able to spend the money buying stock or capital equipment. Some of Spurs creditors that need paying off this summer are likely to be transfer fee instalments for previous buys.

In any event, Levy is far too cautious to go out and buy big. With the interest rate at 0.5% he's probably using the money to cover other borrowings this year that are on higher interest rates to save a couple of million. 

I did however read earlier that United would potentially be entitled to take this loan also. I wouldn't put it past them to try and use that to help fund Sancho!

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Not sure why they wouldn't be allowed to use the money for transfers. That's like a business taking one of these bounce back loans and not being able to spend the money buying stock or capital equipment. Some of Spurs creditors that need paying off this summer are likely to be transfer fee instalments for previous buys.

In any event, Levy is far too cautious to go out and buy big. With the interest rate at 0.5% he's probably using the money to cover other borrowings this year that are on higher interest rates to save a couple of million. 

I did however read earlier that United would potentially be entitled to take this loan also. I wouldn't put it past them to try and use that to help fund Sancho!

Think Spurs still gotta pay off their new stadium or something?

It really is bananas how every PL based English player has such a huge premium on their valuation. If Chilwell were from a random Eastern European country or a South American or something he'd literally cost half the money.

Can't blame the club's of course. Leicester are likely to get picked apart piece by piece soon and should obviously demand massive fees. Chilwell, Maddison, Ndidi, their RB. Big boys are gonna come sniffing soon.

I really think Chilwell would be perfect for us but we'd be insane to pay Maguire money. 

4 minutes ago, ILeoniBlu said:

For me already 40 are too many... 60 would be madness.

He is such a bang average player. I really do not want him unless he is £20m or something and even then I would probably play Alonso in front of him. 

The fortunate thing in this however is that it is pretty much proven the press do not have a clue what we are actually up too, so this is just them guessing and if it does not work out they can say someone 'hijacked' us if he goes elsewhere.