Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I don't know why you are being so negative about this. If Werner was 28 years old, yeah, your concerns might be really legit. But he still only 24 years old, there is still plenty of room for him to grow and improve. 
I also forgot to tell that he is no world class finisher either.

Yeah right, Chelsea fans are famous for their patience and give young players the room for improvement. Chelsea fans slaughter Tammy (22 years old) every week for missing chances in PL, especially headers which is a weakness of Werner too, even when he plays injured he gets slaughtered. Why should it be different with Werner who has a lot to work on? At least get a player like Havertz or Lautaro Martinez that have higher chances of making it in Pl and are near World class and in my opinion, Lautaro is world class.

I really do not want us to play 4-4-2. Hate that system and if we play that, we need to sell 3 out of Kova RLC Barkley Billy Kante Jorgi Mount. I also do not think that Lamps is a master of 4-4-2 either.

I am not negative. I am realistic about Werner and I asked my German Chelsea friends if they agree and they seem to see the same weaknesses as I see it. I would love to be wrong though.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

From Matt Law...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/06/04/timo-werner-agrees-join-chelsea/

Timo Werner has agreed to join Chelsea, who are on the verge of tying up a deal to sign the forward from Red Bull Leipzig.

As exclusively revealed by Telegraph Sport on Tuesday, Chelsea have moved to sign Werner after Liverpool did not meet his release clause which is reported to be worth around £53 million.

Werner has now agreed to join Chelsea on a contract worth almost £200,000-a-week and the club are now expected to agree a deal with Leipzig.

The signing will be a significant coup for Chelsea and head coach, Frank Lampard, as Werner had been tracked by Premier League leaders Liverpool and their manager Jürgen Klopp.

It remains to be seen whether or not Liverpool make any move to try to hijack Chelsea’s bid, but Stamford Bridge insiders are confident of the deal going through.

Werner will give Lampard plenty of options in attack, as he can play off both flanks, through the middle and with another striker.

Having failed with bids for Edinson Cavani and Dries Mertens in January, Lampard had spoken of wanting experience in his frontline and, despite the fact he is only 24, Werner has played in the Champions League and made 29 appearances for Germany. He has already scored 25 Bundelisga goals for Leipzig this season.

Werner is the second signing Chelsea have already made for next season, with Hakim Ziyech due to arrive from Ajax in a deal worth £37m.

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Yeah right, Chelsea fans are famous for their patience and give young players the room for improvement. Chelsea fans slaughter Tammy (22 years old) every week for missing chances in PL, especially headers which is a weakness of Werner too, even when he plays injured he gets slaughtered. Why should it be different with Werner who has a lot to work on? At least get a player like Havertz or Lautaro Martinez that have higher chances of making it in Pl and are near World class and in my opinion, Lautaro is world class.

I really do not want us to play 4-4-2. Hate that system and if we play that, we need to sell 3 out of Kova RLC Barkley Billy Kante Jorgi Mount. I also do not think that Lamps is a master of 4-4-2 either.

I am not negative. I am realistic about Werner and I asked my German Chelsea friends if they agree and they seem to see the same weaknesses as I see it. I would love to be wrong though.

You criticize Werner for being weak anf small (when he is average kn both size and strength) and you list Lautaro who isn’t a midget weakling and not cut for PL as world class. Werner is the way better, more affordable and feasible deal here.

also Havertz who is costlier plays a position that does not even exist in our formation right now so really comparing apples and oranges. 

46 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I'm not pretending to know but this seems a realistic assessment to me. It also fits with the claim that we have a good chance of getting him, whereas I see no hope that we might get players such as Havertz or Lautaro.

People need to realise that Ziyech is Willian's replacement and Werner is Pedro's. Probably means no Sancho but I do not think he is moving this summer anyway. 

Next important areas to sort are: CB, LB, GK and a strong No.6. 

49 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I don't rate him and my German Chelsea fans that I talked to do not rate him either. Not a good CF and only works as a winger or second striker. We do not play 4-4-2 and I do not think Lamps likes this formation either.

Werner is a small, very weak, technicaly not a World class Player with average passing. You can be a small CF, but you need World class technical abilities like Aguero. He is no Aguero. But hope I am wrong. Reece James great crosses will be useless for Werner

You took away my enthusiasm. :( Joking aside, you certainly know him better than me.

Hope it goes well :ph34r:

You criticize Werner for being weak anf small (when he is average kn both size and strength) and you list Lautaro who isn’t a midget weakling and not cut for PL as world class. Werner is the way better, more affordable and feasible deal here.
Read some posts ago where I clarified it.
But I will tell you it again.
In my opinion, you can be physically weak as a CF and still be a top class CF in Pl, but you need to have world class technical abilities like Aguero. Lautaro Martinez clearly has that and I see in Havertz that he has that in him too. Werner does not have that. Or there is a second type of striker that can make it in PL. Tall and physically strong. An example would be Diego Costa. Tall and strong, but has very bad technical abilities. Werner is 180 cm. Reece James world class crosses will be useless for him. Tammy at least reaches those crosses and then misses.

Everything in between of those two striker types is Batshuayi level. Batsman is good at everything, but a master of nothing.

The thing with Liverpool is they have three outstanding front players, all content it seems the club, there has to be an element of caution of breaking up that trio from their point of view.

Werner will not want to play second fiddle to any of them, especially with the EURO's coming up.

37 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

If Liverpool decides to make a move now that we're in a more advanced stage, the situation could change completely . I still remember the Ox deal.

Reported they don’t want to pay the fee. 

He’s ours