Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I choose to believe that we will refuse this option because we are much more ambitious. 

I also choose to believe that we also rejected the chance to sign Telles. 

Are you implying picking Chilwell over Telles and Tagliafico is being more ambitious? 

44 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

There is nothing ambitious about BC....imo of course.

If Chilwell costs say around 30-40 million, would you take him?

I'm neither pro or anti Chilwell here but what I would say is, some times signing the less obvious players can turn out to be a good thing. I know we have had Zappacosta and average players in those categories but we also have the likes of Azpi, Ivanovic and even Cahill as good examples.

5 hours ago, killer1257 said:

I guess we used most of Morata money for Ziyech

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

adding up all the done and/or contractually mandated or optioned sale (ie Morata, Palasic) and then subtracting out the Kovacic and Ziyech buys

we still have £127m in the transfer kitty to the good in terms of pure fees spent and gained on transfers (this is a running total back to 2018) It does not include loan fees gained or spent, nor salaries, strictly transfers in and out, and it assigns only £90m for Eden

I have been documenting this since I joined the board, more or less, sheloads of posts with full documentation

we could still have a chance to snatch Telles

PSG : accord en vue pour Icardi, le dossier Telles en stand-by

Rien n’est encore bouclé entre le FC Porto et le PSG pour le transfert du latéral brésilien Alex Telles. En revanche, le dossier Mauro Icardi avance bien.

http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/football/psg/psg-accord-en-vue-pour-icardi-le-dossier-telles-en-stand-by-27-05-2020-8324619.php

Alex Telles will he swell the ranks of the Brazilian colony of PSG next season? Wednesday, the Portuguese newspaper A Bola asserts in One that the case is concluded between FC Porto and PSG for 25 million euros. The 27-year-old side will only have to initial his contract.

The profile of Telles , quite close to that of Juan Bernat, pleases Leonardo in the prospect of replacing Layvin Kurzawa, who is forced to leave Paris at the end of his contract this summer. But this interest does not already make the former defender of Inter Milan the first Parisian rookie after Covid-19.

According to our information, nothing is done between Paris and the one who is also coveted by two other European cadors. "At the moment, no big transfer is coming to an end," says someone close to the case. Everyone is in the dark. "

13 hours ago, Jason said:

I'm neither pro or anti Chilwell here but what I would say is, some times signing the less obvious players can turn out to be a good thing. I know we have had Zappacosta and average players in those categories but we also have the likes of Azpi, Ivanovic and even Cahill as good examples.

I think at that point his price is much closer to those being quoted for Telles and Tagliafico, and then you can start to factor in how much easier he may find it to fit into what is becoming a core group of young British players, his experience of playing in the Premier League, and his age compared to alternative options. I am similar to you, I'm not overly pro or anti Chilwell. I think he was hyped too much earlier in the season as his defensive game still needs work and developing (which has been highlighted in recent times) but he does appear to have a lot of upside. My biggest worry has always been the price, and even in these times I see no reason for Leicester to drop their valuation significantly. They've already proven they're willing to hold on firm for the price they want (Mahrez, Drinkwater, Maguire). At the figures that have been quoted the last few months, I think its far too much.

I think there's a bit of a difference with the three you highlighted. All were purchased for relatively cheap prices (I think all were under £10m) and they were all purchased initially as squad players to add to what we already had, so I don't think the initial pressure or expectation was there. All three proved to be phenomenal signings for us considering the fees paid and the service received. I think in someone like Chilwell's case though he'd be being brought for a lot more money and coming in as first choice and expected to fill a gap us fans have highlighted as one of our biggest problems in the team in recent times. There's a lot more expectation placed on that.

5 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I think at that point his price is much closer to those being quoted for Telles and Tagliafico, and then you can start to factor in how much easier he may find it to fit into what is becoming a core group of young British players, his experience of playing in the Premier League, and his age compared to alternative options. I am similar to you, I'm not overly pro or anti Chilwell. I think he was hyped too much earlier in the season as his defensive game still needs work and developing (which has been highlighted in recent times) but he does appear to have a lot of upside. My biggest worry has always been the price, and even in these times I see no reason for Leicester to drop their valuation significantly. They've already proven they're willing to hold on firm for the price they want (Mahrez, Drinkwater, Maguire). At the figures that have been quoted the last few months, I think its far too much.

I think there's a bit of a difference with the three you highlighted. All were purchased for relatively cheap prices (I think all were under £10m) and they were all purchased initially as squad players to add to what we already had, so I don't think the initial pressure or expectation was there. All three proved to be phenomenal signings for us considering the fees paid and the service received. I think in someone like Chilwell's case though he'd be being brought for a lot more money and coming in as first choice and expected to fill a gap us fans have highlighted as one of our biggest problems in the team in recent times. There's a lot more expectation placed on that.

great post :hattip:

please, ffs NO

Chelsea target Roman Burki up for Premier League transfer as Blues plot £15m deal

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1288038/Chelsea-Roman-Burki-Premier-League-Transfer-Borussia-Dortmund

he is the same height as Kepa basically, and makes errors too often, plus he is not strong in the air

13 hours ago, Jason said:

30-40 sounds much better, I wouldnt say no then if we cant get the likes of Telles. But I would be shocked if LC sells him for those amounts. Yeah Azpi Bane and Cahill were awesome for us.  

43 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Fair points but I guess what I was trying to say is what if the big price tag hadn't been placed on Chilwell to begin with? Would expectations had been different? Would people be a bit more receptive to the potential signing? Because I got the feeling people don't want Chilwell mainly because of the big price tag. Sure he is by no means perfect at the moment but he is only 24 years old this year and there still plenty of room to grow and improve.

And just to give another similar example - Andrew Robertson, who Liverpool bought for like less than 10 million (IIRC) and has become their first choice left back and arguably one of the best left backs around right now. 

23 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Are you implying picking Chilwell over Telles and Tagliafico is being more ambitious? 

I would rather have Chilwell for 40m than Tagliafico for 22m considering everything. But Alaba would be my dream LB.

23 hours ago, Jason said:

I genuinely wouldn't, even more so now Taglifico (a superior fullback from what I've seen) is supposedly avalible for nearly half that.

Chilwell is a similar level to Alonso in my opinion.