Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

We are bloody lucky we got Ziyech when we did. 

I'd still go after Boga and rid of Willian. 

Strikers I believe we can cope for now, if Batshuayi is out of the frame that is. 

LB and a CB still needs to get sorted desperately. 

13 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

If we extend Willian or Pedro, thats just throwing sand in our own eyes.

Both have proven they are not good enough to lead our young players. Neither are they reliable as "experienced" players are. We should resign Boga instead. 

Might as well throw in the towel, they have both been good servants for the Club but its time to look at the future. Bring back Boga instead etc. FFS Marina why didnt you cash in on Bats when the chance was there....an astute person would have run with it :rant:

16 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Might as well throw in the towel, they have both been good servants for the Club but its time to look at the future. Bring back Boga instead etc. FFS Marina why didnt you cash in on Bats when the chance was there....an astute person would have run with it :rant:

Well.... she doesn't seems to has a football knowledge and this resulted several questionable decisions.

4 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

horrid board

only the SIBNEFT mafia can shit away (more likely than not) close to half a billion quid and still be allowed to hold the reigns of power

4 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Well.... she doesn't seems to has a football knowledge and this resulted several questionable decisions.

It's ironic that people praise Marina when she is able to sell a player beyond their value and at the same time, criticize her (or say that she doesn't have football knowledge) when she buys some duds. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

It's ironic that people praise Marina when she is able to sell a player beyond their value and at the same time, criticize her (or say that she doesn't have football knowledge) when she buys some duds. 

lets tally up her 'above normal profits' deals  along with the board's decisions (and to do this I have to go back 2 window further than my summer of 2017 onward £475m in cock-ups calculation)

I am going to very generous as well

we got (arguably as Conte cocked it all up, and I think we could have sold him for close  to what Atleti paid, IF we had sold him straight away in the summer of 2017, coming off a great season with us as champions)  £15m more than he was worth AT THE TIME for Costa 

we got (and China was paying insane money at the time, so the main thing that was great was that we took the cash) £19m more than Oscar was worth (again I am being very generous with these profits) we got £54m and he was worth around £35m

We also ripped off Sunderland for around £6m for Papy Djilobodji

We got around £10m more than we should have for Matic (Mou wanted him bad)

I will be generous and say we basically broke even on Square, as we only lost £4m overall (counting loan fees and the £18m sale, as he was older)

Morata I will be really generous again and say we made £15m than he was worth

Ake is a wash, becuase even though he is worth far more than we sold him for, we did put in a option to buy,and did not use it, so I give this a zero loss (as I am strictly dealing with sales prices versus relative values)

so (as those are all the 'good' sales from the time period)

add all that up

£65m to the good

so knock my  £475m down to £410m in cockups

BUT (and I am sure you know where I am going next)

Mo Mo MO Salah

SMDH

we sold him (counting loan fees) for around a £6.5m profit, BUT no option (just like De Bruyne, grrrr) so, just taking his Roma to Victimpool sale price, we lost a net £17m, and if you look at hsi value now (pre Covid) we lost over £100m in potential value (we can figure the true cost when Liverpool sells him, BUT, that does NOT take into account the fucking MASSIVE difference he would have made as our LWer for all those years)

so even giving Marina and the board, every benefit of the doubt, we are down £410m (that counting all her 'great deals) PLUS whatever massive value you assign to the Salah cock-up (do not even get me started on De Bruyne and the board and Mou) I also am not going to get into Kante, as COVID-19 has fucked that all to hell, and also Jorginho (I am sure it sis bullshit, but multiple reports were saying a £35m sale to Juve, which is madness)

bottom line, is, over the past 4 years, when you give Salah a decent valuation, Marina and/or the board (and the scouting department, they are far from blameless as well) are still completely on track for damn near half a billion quid shit away, even taking into account all the speculative profits off the always-referenced 'wonder deals' above

so they can sod the hell off

Napoli take the lead in €25m Gabriel Magalhães race — report

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2020/5/22/21267217/napoli-take-the-lead-in-25m-gabriel-magalhaes-race-report

If this price is true some team can buy Gabriel and Upamecano for only 65m euros (58.2m pounds) this summer and set CB positions for a decade!

The Telegraph

Friday May 22 2020

Football Nerd

Why Bayer Leverkusen's Kai Havertz is so highly rated

694F6D30AAA1022BD17A746113A606DC.png

By Daniel Zeqiri

Kai Havertz

Kai Havertz scores twice at away at Werder Bremen CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES

Through football's coronavirus hiatus, we are committed to providing a weekly newsletter of facts, analysis and retrospectives. If there is a topic you want us to cover please email [email protected]. Above all, stay safe.

The Bundesliga is still just about a five-horse title race with eight games remaining, and the pick of Saturday's fixtures sees fifth-place Bayer Leverkusen travel to Borussia Monchenglabach in third.

Leverkusen are without a Bundesliga title in their history, with five runners-up finishes earning them the disparaging moniker 'Bayer Neverkusen', and they will probably be bridesmaids again, with a top-four finish a more realistic target.

The 2002 Champions League finalists possess some exciting young talents in Leon Bailey and Moussa Diaby, but 20-year-old playmaker Kai Havertz is the jewel in their crown.

The German has eight goals and five assists in the Bundesliga this season, and, before the coronavirus pandemic, was linked with with Manchester United and Liverpool. BT Sport pundit and former Bayern Munich player Owen Hargreaves describes Havertz as "half-Ozil, half-Ballack", which would be quite the creative hybrid.

Only Thomas Muller has created more chances from open play this season than Havertz's 49, while only Muller and Serge Gnabry have created more 'big chances' than Havertz's 15. This a tremendous level of productivity for such a young player.

age mistmatches graph

In an era when coaches value aggressive pressing and structured patterns of play, the stock of free-spirited No 10s such Mesut Ozil and James Rodriguez has fallen. Havertz could follow the likes of Kevin De Bruyne as the prototype of the modern attacking midfielder, combining goal-threat and dribbling as well as an eye for a pass.

Like Ozil, Havertz is heavily left-footed and could run through puddles without making a splash. At almost six-foot two inches tall, his height gives him an elegance that stands comparisons with Kaka before injuries curtailed the Brazilian's career. He made an excellent return to action on Monday with two goals in Leverkusen's victory at Werder Bremen.

Although silent stadiums make watching football a hollowed-out and greatly devalued spectacle, there is still much to appreciate in the game itself as Borussia Dortmund's four goals proved last week. Havertz is a fine reason to tune in again.

5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Napoli take the lead in €25m Gabriel Magalhães race — report

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2020/5/22/21267217/napoli-take-the-lead-in-25m-gabriel-magalhaes-race-report

If this price is true some team can buy Gabriel and Upamecano for only 65m euros (58.2m pounds) this summer and set CB positions for a decade!

now you are thinking like a boss

welcome to the club

:hattip:

17 hours ago, Jason said:

She is excellent with finances, but awful as a football director in terms of building a squad for footballing reasons. Thats the difference. And we are football club first, not business for profits. I just wish we had a director like Campos, Marotta, Kenyon or that dude in liverpool forgot his name. Someone with actual knowledge in football, not just economics.

8 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

That would be true if that was actually her job....

After Emenalo left she got in charge of the transfers which includes negotiating and presenting a strong plan to rebuild the squad. How was that not her job?

I have always maintained that the problem with Granny is that she appears to be someone that goes out with a set figure in her head and will only play ball if that figure is met. This works to a degree on sales as other teams will relent and pony up as they are desperate for the player; just watch Sunderland til I Die to watch how transfers are actually conducted and how desperate some chairmen/women get.

However, her biggest problem is with oncoming transfers. People say look at Cesc/Costa/Kante/Ziyech etc but everyone of her 'great buys' either a) had a set buyout clause or b )  a gentleman's agreement to leave. Hence, no/very little negotiation with a club and just convince the player which I would imagine she has less to do with as for top level players it is not completely about the money. 

However, when it comes to negotiating she will low ball and not come up from there. I know a lot of people think Conte was at fault for Summer 2017 and I agree that his targets are not great long term investments but for me asking for Vidal/Naggolain and getting Drinky/Baka or asking for Candreva and getting Zappa is not the same thing.

However, even if you do not buy the Summer 17 being Granny's fault, there is no getting away from probably the single worst transfer deal of the last ten years which was the midget, weak wristed,  t-rex armed Kepa for £72m smackers and a £170k wage for seven years. People blame TC but I seriously buy his story that he got told he could leave in the early part of 2018 then Granny told him no after the WC. I mean, at which point of negotiating with a player for the best part of two years and not getting him to re-sign, do you think the game may be up? Also, if Kepa was a well thought out plan why not move for him in Jan 18 when he had a £18m buyout and was on peanuts? My theory is she thought she would get Alisson then bulked at £54m, then thought she would strong arm TC into staying then when that didn't work, panicked as the house of cards started falling in over her head.