Injury Latest - Terry, Sturridge & Romeu out injured.

BlueLion.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2307943,00.html

Carlo Ancelotti is hopeful David Luiz and John Mikel Obi will be fit in time to face Blackpool on Monday night.

Mikel suffered a knee injury in the warm-up before Tuesday's win over Manchester United, while David Luiz, who scored the equaliser in that game at Stamford Bridge, has not trained since due to a hamstring problem.

'After the game we had a problem with David Luiz. Until now he was not able to train,' Ancelotti explained earlier today (Friday). 'Obviously I hope he will train tomorrow, and with Mikel, he had a little problem on his knee in the warm-up before the game. He had a scan yesterday and everything was okay, so I hope also he can train tomorrow.'

There was promising news on our other two injury victims, Yossi Benayoun and Alex, both of whom are making progress on Achilles and knee injuries respectively.

'Benayoun is starting to train on the grass outside alone, and it is difficult to say when he will be fit,' Ancelotti said. 'Alex will come back next week and after that, I think Friday, when he comes back we will check him and take a decision.

'I think Alex is very close to recovery. Not for Copenhagen, but we hope for the next game in the Champions League he will be fit.'

• 2 weeks later...

Alex takes strides

Alex is this week back at Cobham as he nears the completion of his recovery from arthroscopic knee surgery.

The Brazilian defender last month returned to his homeland where the operation took place, the latest visit part of the rehabilitation process.

He has not played since late November but was running and working outside at Cobham on Monday and Carlo Ancelotti said 10 days ago that should Chelsea progress past FC Copenhagen on Wednesday night then he hopes to have Alex available for the quarter-finals.

Michael Mancienne has recovered from his injury and is back training with the Wolves.

It's not been the best time for me but I'm delighted to be back. It's been quite a troublesome injury and has probably been the longest one I've had. So it's great to have recovered. I've been working really hard on running and fitness work at Chelsea and trained a couple of times there last week. It was my first session back at Wolves yesterday and it felt good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest justin_3d

Alex has just been back from a 6 months injury , and carlo rush him to the man utd game .... again another player re-injured due to rushing him back .

i hate our medical stuff .

I think this shows you why Paulo and Bosingwa will leave in the summer. If you can't rely on these two and have to force Alex so Ivan can go RB, shows very little confidence in these two. It is why Van der Wiel makes sense in the summer.

I think this shows you why Paulo and Bosingwa will leave in the summer. If you can't rely on these two and have to force Alex so Ivan can go RB, shows very little confidence in these two. It is why Van der Wiel makes sense in the summer.

No , it actually shows me that carlo has made the wrong decision again .

and btw Van der Wiel shouldn't be a priority at all , we have iva as 1st choice, with bos as 2nd choice, while ferrera will leave ..... in case iva is injured in a big game and we wouldn't like to use bosingwa , i think Essien , Luiz or may be ramires can cover that area .

Van der wiel is so overrated

Guest justin_3d

No , it actually shows me that carlo has made the wrong decision again .

and btw Van der Wiel shouldn't be a priority at all , we have iva as 1st choice, with bos as 2nd choice, while ferrera will leave ..... in case iva is injured in a big game and we wouldn't like to use bosingwa , i think Essien , Luiz or may be ramires can cover that area .

Van der wiel is so overrated

Van der Wiel is overrated to those who don't like him, just like people say the same thing about Torres.

But Van der Wiel is young like David Luiz and Ramires, and have a lot of potential!

Anyways, like i said if Chelsea sells Bosingwa then Van der Wiel will be the choice like Frank Arnesen talked about.

Davide Santon, in my view, is a better prospect and will be cheaper than van der Wiel... but that's a debate for elsewhere.

Gutted about Alex and Ramires, but with Mikel and Luiz in fine form we should be okay. We have plenty of cover at CB and CDM.