Injury Latest - Terry, Sturridge & Romeu out injured.

BlueLion.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lampard update:

'He is out, but I can say this with a smile because he trained well,' Ancelotti said. 'We thought he would be ready for a very tough game against Tottenham but we didn't have a test with him with games, so we need to arrange a game with him, maybe Thursday, and after that I think he will be available against Manchester United.

'He trained well, he doesn't have a problem to train, everything is okay but the decision is to maintain him for this game. It is better to check on Thursday with a friendly game and after that play against Manchester United.'

Well at least he is finally okay. Tbh I understand this decision to let him out of this game, although I wished he could play.

Lol that's positive Alex !

:lol: I was taking the piss mate... although I do genuinely think there's no point rushing him into a high-intensity London derby straight away!

Stop being a negative Nancy Alex. It will be grand! Im telling ya! Positive thinking ;)

I hope you're right. There's still a lot of faith left in me, I'm just more worried about playing Spurs than any other team tbh.

• 4 weeks later...
Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel has revealed that he will be out until at least February with his knee injury.

The 23-year-old Nigeria international picked up the knock during the defeat to Arsenal in December and is set for further time on the sidelines.

With Carlo Ancelotti's Blues struggling in the Premier League and currently lying nine points behind leaders Manchester United having played a game more, it is another blow to their title ambitions.

Mikel admits that he is disappointed by the setback and is hoping the team can improve in his absence.

"I am very disappointed by this injury, it will at least take me out for the whole month," he told skysports.com.

"It is a big blow for myself and for the team, we are struggling at the moment and we need everyone all together to help the team.

"I think we lack belief at the moment, that happens with all teams, hopefully we will have a strong feeling and we will fight hard to be amongst the top teams.

"We are the champions so we need to go for the best trophies."

Sigh :doh:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6640964,00.html

LOL, I don't know why but I ain't surprised at all... And it reminds me what I have written in an other topic few days ago... :

There are no new injuries to the squad but John Obi Mikel, who missed the Bolton game, will not be available. He suffered a knee ligament strain against Arsenal and is expected to be out for approximately three weeks.

I just hope it isn't the same three weeks that Lampard has had...

LOL, I don't know why but I ain't surprised at all... And it reminds me what I have written in an other topic few days ago... :

Haha, same old Chelse ey?

I guess some fans won't mind Mikel being out as they don't see him being good enough.

On other news, at least we know Zhirkov's got a calf problem. Who knows what's wrong with it though.