Chelsea 2-0 Spurs

Jase

Such a shame Werner was not able to convert that pass from Ziyech. What a ball that was. It was literally reminiscent of a ball Ziyech did for Werner last season against Sheffield United in that game we won 4-1 at the Bridge. Literally a carbon copy and ball fell for same player and same angle and Werner actually lofted it over the keeper's head but narrowly went wide. Top performance from him anyway. Needs to develop a bit of muscle, but very pleased by his performance. 

Saul was very pleasing. What pleased me most was his composure and confidence to carry the ball forward. When you are low on confidence and not getting much game time, it is easy to just play it safe, but no, he was so assured and played a top game. Sarr very good too. We did not give Kane or Son a sniff all game.

11 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Just when you think it's going to happen..it really doesn't. And when it does its offside

Gonna bite here.

Is every chance that Werner doesn't put away gonna be met with that kind of reaction without any context? I'm also of the opinion that he should have scored (perhaps hit it low) but at the same time, the chance wasn't as easy as it looked. Tanganga (think it was him) was putting pressure from behind and then Lloris came out quickly to close him down. It was more down to good goalkeeping than a shocking miss (which many elsewhere also saw it). 

5 hours ago, whats happening said:

am i tripping or kante had covid few months ago?

Yes, he did, back in September.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12420477/ngolo-kante-Chelsea-midfielder-tests-positive-for-coronavirus

Kinda crazy that he got it so fast again. 

Played against a very amateurish side, like little boys. Especially after the media fell in love with them because Conte got them some decent results.

They are now back in the box they belong and the same will happen next week...They are shite.

15 hours ago, Tomo said:

Seeing Conte constantly bang on about how great we are is hilarious.

Talk about full circle.

I fucking loved it, and he meant every word. You could see it was also a wake up call for him.

N'Golo Kante and Mateo Kovacic completed 100% of their tackles vs Liverpool on Sunday (8/8)

Saul Niguez and Jorginho completed 100% of their tackles vs Tottenham on Wednesday (12/12)

Edited by milka