Bournemouth 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

1 minute ago, DH1988 said:

I know I’m being negative tonight but damn, some of our players just aren’t good enough. We’ve discussed Ruben a few weeks ago and he’s just a shadow of whatever self he had.

He was overrated because he was in the first batch of youngsters to come through the academy. Now that we've seen players like James and Mount, we realise how much was missing from him even during his breakout season. 

1 minute ago, Hashishi said:

He was overrated because he was in the first batch of youngsters to come through the academy. Now that we've seen players like James and Mount, we realise how much was missing from him even during his breakout season. 

I disagree that he was overrated from an ability perspective. He couldn’t stay fit or last 90 minutes since he was young, his technical ability was never in question before his achilles, in my opinion. Just sad in terms of what could have been.

Gallagher will be a decent midfielder for a bottom half Prem team because he has bags of energy and running, and can do a bit of everything to a reasonable standard but at the level Chelsea require he just does not look good enough technically unfortunately.  The composure and passing of Drinkwater, Barkley and RLC is much more crisp and polished.