Manuel Locatelli

A lot of talk that we need new MF. One thing is clear, we need more physical presence.

Real have Casemiro 185cm.

Barca Busquets 189cm.

City Rodri 191cm and so on...

Our tallest MF is Jorginho 180cm and he is very weak. This is something where we can and must improve.

Locatelli is very interesting player. Linked with Juventus, City mostly but looks like he likes Chelsea.

I expect all Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic to stay but Billy will go on loan so we would use another MF.

Locatelli is 186cm, strong, very good defensively but also great with passing. I think this is the type of player we need. He has a bit of everything needed for this position.

2 years left on contract, should not be expensive and we should be all over it. Just 23 years old. Already capped 9 times for Italy.

Style of play

Locatelli is primarily a deep-lying playmaker operating in front of the team's defense, in a role similar to that of Andrea Pirlo. Although not his preferred position, he can also play in 4–3–3 formation as a wing-leaning central midfielder, alternatively known as mezzala. He possesses good vision, passing, ball control, dribbling, as well as a powerful and accurate shot from long range. His reading of the game and ball-winning abilities were described as sufficient for a defensive midfielder.

Edited by NikkiCFC

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

A lot of talk that we need new MF. One thing is clear, we need more physical presence.

Real have Casemiro 185cm.

Barca Busquets 189cm.

City Rodri 191cm and so on...

Our tallest MF is Jorginho 180cm and he is very weak. This is something where we can and must improve.

Locatelli is very interesting player. Linked with Juventus, City mostly but looks like he likes Chelsea.

I expect all Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic to stay but Billy will go on loan so we would use another MF.

Locatelli is 186cm, strong, very good defensively but also great with passing. I think this is the type of player we need. He has a bit of everything needed for this position.

2 years left on contract, should not be expensive and we should be all over it. Just 23 years old. Already capped 9 times for Italy.

Style of play

Locatelli is primarily a deep-lying playmaker operating in front of the team's defense, in a role similar to that of Andrea Pirlo. Although not his preferred position, he can also play in 4–3–3 formation as a wing-leaning central midfielder, alternatively known as mezzala. He possesses good vision, passing, ball control, dribbling, as well as a powerful and accurate shot from long range. His reading of the game and ball-winning abilities were described as sufficient for a defensive midfielder.

Busquets is washed up

En 2/5/2021 a las 14:48, Vesper dijo:

Busquets is washed up

Have to disagree. Severely. People have been saying it for years but he’s still a very good player.

I still remember when he absolutely ran the show for them against us under Conte in two legs despite him being past it.

He is one of the most press resistant players in world football. Still Barca’s best midfielder even with de Jong there. Was immense in the game a few weekends ago also. Never seen the last 2 though. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

45 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Have to disagree. Severely. People have been saying it for years but he’s still a very good player.

I still remember when he absolutely ran the show for them against us under Conte in two legs despite him being past it.

He is one of the most press resistant players in world football. Still Barca’s best midfielder even with de Jong there. Was immense in the game a few weekends ago also. Never seen the last 2 though. 

I have watched him for ages, he is a shadow of what he was, has been for 2 years

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

You didn't give blessing for SMS because he is more offensively oriented. How about Locatelli? 🤔

hace 6 horas, NikkiCFC dijo:

You didn't give blessing for SMS because he is more offensively oriented. How about Locatelli? 🤔

Well considering he is actually predominantly more of a number 6 and sometimes a number 8 as opposed to Milinkovic-Savic who is kuch more of a number 10 more or less, he would suit playing in our team in the midfield a lot better. His game is more varied, he can do the defensive stuff but also get his foot on the ball and dictate a game as well.

Was a big fan of him at AC Milan actually, the likes of him, Calabria, Cutrone, Donnarumma all sort of broke into the Milan team at the same time or same season. Found it strange Milan didn’t try keep him or play him more often prior to letting him go after that initial break through. Think he will be going to Juventus though. 

hace 7 horas, Vesper dijo:

I have watched him for ages, he is a shadow of what he was, has been for 2 years

Aye he was world class and arguably the best number 6 in world football for probably 6-8 years.

Even them he is 32 now but still a very good player I feel or certainly what I have seen the last year and a bit. I do think he is a victim of his own success unfortunately on top of the fact he’s never been flashy or particularly the sort of player who stands out due to his playing style because he doesn’t score goals or create goals. In terms of ball retention in tight areas, being progressive and breaking the lines with the ball, as well as generally looking for the ball under pressure still think theres not many better out there than him.

He will be a huge player for Barcelona to replace. 

23 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Well considering he is actually predominantly more of a number 6 and sometimes a number 8 as opposed to Milinkovic-Savic who is kuch more of a number 10 more or less, he would suit playing in our team in the midfield a lot better. His game is more varied, he can do the defensive stuff but also get his foot on the ball and dictate a game as well.

Was a big fan of him at AC Milan actually, the likes of him, Calabria, Cutrone, Donnarumma all sort of broke into the Milan team at the same time or same season. Found it strange Milan didn’t try keep him or play him more often prior to letting him go after that initial break through. Think he will be going to Juventus though. 

Aye he was world class and arguably the best number 6 in world football for probably 6-8 years.

Even them he is 32 now but still a very good player I feel or certainly what I have seen the last year and a bit. I do think he is a victim of his own success unfortunately on top of the fact he’s never been flashy or particularly the sort of player who stands out due to his playing style because he doesn’t score goals or create goals. In terms of ball retention in tight areas, being progressive and breaking the lines with the ball, as well as generally looking for the ball under pressure still think theres not many better out there than him.

He will be a huge player for Barcelona to replace. 

Go watch some games of his last season. Even Barca dick-licking, jacobs-cupping Ray Hudson was ripping him to shreds. The bloke was coughing up the ball almost every time he got it, his pace is shot, and his passing was pure shite for vast stretches of matches.

• 1 month later...

Juventus will go with low offers as usual, we should just drop money. Romano reported English teams are after him, I really hope it's us. 

Loan Gilmour and buy him. But honestly I would drop Kova or Jorgi for him and I am huge Jorginho fan. 

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Juventus will go with low offers as usual, we should just drop money. Romano reported English teams are after him, I really hope it's us. 

Loan Gilmour and buy him. But honestly I would drop Kova or Jorgi for him and I am huge Jorginho fan. 

He's played very well tonight but I think Jorginho has looked excellent these two games for Italy.

He's seemed a bit more quicker and purposeful in his passing than usual too.

While Locatelli is obviously quality, you can see in his interplay with Jorginoh that Loca thrives more on the offensive box-to-box part whilst Jorginho is more of a holder. the question is if we were to move here if we could properly integrate him next to Kante or Kova which would require Locatelli to sit more. I am convinced he can do it but we would not use him to his maximum potential. Would like to see what Italy does if jorginho was out and Locatelli played more centrally

56 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

While Locatelli is obviously quality, you can see in his interplay with Jorginoh that Loca thrives more on the offensive box-to-box part whilst Jorginho is more of a holder. the question is if we were to move here if we could properly integrate him next to Kante or Kova which would require Locatelli to sit more. I am convinced he can do it but we would not use him to his maximum potential. Would like to see what Italy does if jorginho was out and Locatelli played more centrally

Not entirely sold on Locatelli, I would say SMS is a safer bet if we're going for a Serie A CM. 

12 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Manuel Locatelli, who has impressed for #ITAEuro_UK_2021_ITA.png at #Euro2020Euro_UK_2021.png, has been scouted by #Chelsea for a long time. They are one of the clubs interested in the player, but right now Juventus are favourites for his signature. @FabrizioRomano

52 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

SMS is even more offensively mided tho. Can't see him working in our double pivot.

But isn't that what we need? I mean against the big boys Kova/Jorgi/Kante work. When are CM has problems is when we play the likes of WBA/Burnley etc and they get physical with them and we can't break them down properly and have no goal threat from CM? 

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

But isn't that what we need? I mean against the big boys Kova/Jorgi/Kante work. When are CM has problems is when we play the likes of WBA/Burnley etc and they get physical with them and we can't break them down properly and have no goal threat from CM? 

Tuchel made it clear that the two central midfielders in this system have an incredible amount of responsibility. Their main duties are finding the space to quickly transition the ball and to be tactically disciplined in defence. This is the same for every formation that has only two central midfielders and why you don't see attacking midfielders playing in a 442. We personally saw how poor Mount was in that role and I was one of the people who thought Mount could excel there. 

Far as I'm concerned, the decision making in the final third from our attacking play has hurt us a lot more than the limited attacking capabilities of our central midfielders against low blocks. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

9 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Tuchel made it clear that the two central midfielders in this system have an incredible amount of responsibility. Their main duties are finding the space to quickly transition the ball and to be tactically disciplined in defence. This is the same for every formation that has only two central midfielders and why you don't see attacking midfielders playing in a 442. We personally saw how poor Mount was in that role and I was one of the people who thought Mount could excel there. 

Far as I'm concerned, the decision making in the final third from our attacking play has hurt us a lot more than the limited attacking capabilities of our central midfielders against low blocks. 

There is two ways to play against low block teams. Crossing to target man and shoot on sight. None of our MFs can shoot. This has been a problem since Lampard left, there is a hole of 15-20 goals a season. This is not even beginning to replace the 30+ that Drogba and Costa used to bring. Jorginho does not fill that hole. Kovacic doesn't either. Haaland can replace CF but we need a DMF who can shoot on sight like Locatelli did the other day. I would rather we bought a class MF than bring in another donkeyoko as backup. Kovacic and Jorginho can be back up. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You