• Jorginho
    • Mount
    • Ziyech
    • Havertz
    • James (sub)
    • Werner (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)

18 hours ago, ccheongf said:

Buying Chilwell is NOT GOOOD. 50 M ,not worth his price tag. Small phisical, not contributing in attack, many times SLOW down the game.

I agree never wanted him here, I wanted Reguilon far better player, but we let him go to Spuds

10 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

I agree never wanted him here, I wanted Reguilon far better player, but we let him go to Spuds

The club were never going to get Reguilon once Real Madrid insisted on inserting a buy-back clause and I think Reguilon himself still harbours hope of playing for Real Madrid. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

The club were never going to get Reguilon once Real Madrid insisted on inserting a buy-back clause and I think Reguilon himself still harbours hope of playing for Real Madrid. 

OK

I don't get this but back thingy! didn't bother Spurs.

And he still want's to play for Real, is that a likelyhood

2 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

OK

I don't get this but back thingy! didn't bother Spurs.

And he still want's to play for Real, is that a likelyhood

Well, it's Spurs. They are happy to take the risk and have the clause inserted. Don't think the top clubs would want such clause hanging over one of their main players.

If Real Madrid come calling for Reguilon, then Spurs can't stop the deal and it's down to the player. If Zidane is still the manager, it's unlikely he would want Reguilon back because he prefers having Mendy and Marcelo. If he's gone, then who knows if the next manager or even Perez himself might want Reguilon back. 

On 13/03/2021 at 18:42, BXL70 said:

Havertz is an average player in the PL. I still do not understand why we splashed 80 millions on him.

when you are an average PL player 21 years old in a league where the average player is 27 years old you have 6 of your physical peak years to develop into a superior player. I think that gives you quite decent odds. Havertz is technically polished and has superb understanding of space. When he manages to improve his physique he will be an excellent player. Not sure he will be given sufficient time to develop here tho. Truth is liek with most youngsters, we did not buy an 80m player but a player who might eventually be worth more one day.

Edited by Magic Lamps

5 hours ago, Blues11 said:

I think before the weekend we would have taken this outcome. Makes the draw a bit better. 

Many would have taken that outcome BEFORE the weekend? Highly doubt it. Considering who the other teams are playing, this was a big chance for us to open a bigger gap between us and the others below us. Instead, we blew it against Leeds. What happened subsequently in the other games turned out to be a consolation for us after the draw on Saturday. 

I have zero doubt in my mind matches like yesterday would've resulted in a loss under Frank, he couldn't even see out a draw when things weren't going good, always pathetically losing in the last minutes of the match. If we fail to get Top 4 all fingers should be pointed hard at Frank even his signings like Chilwell and Ziyech have been a complete disgrace, thank fuck the board told him to do one when he was obsessed with that Rice. 

As for Tuchel he made some mistakes yesterday but it's understandingly with such an important match coming up this week. Not his fault he is forced to teach limited players like Chilwell and Ziyech play football.

Edited by R2D2

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Many would have taken that outcome BEFORE the weekend? Highly doubt it. Considering who the other teams are playing, this was a big chance for us to open a bigger gap between us and the others below us. Instead, we blew it against Leeds. What happened subsequently in the other games turned out to be a consolation for us after the draw on Saturday. 

Did you think Burnley would beat Everton? Or Arsenal would beat Tottenham? Spurs have been in pretty good form with Bale playing well. 

You always want to win and we should have definitely beat leeds but the fact that some of the closest teams behind us lost too always helps. 

Just now, Blues11 said:

Did you think Burnley would beat Everton? Or Arsenal would beat Tottenham? Spurs have been in pretty good form with Bale playing well. 

You always want to win and we should have definitely beat leeds but the fact that some of the closest teams behind us lost too always helps. 

Hence why I said the other results were a scant consolation for us because we fluffed our lines against Leeds but before the games were played, no one would have really taken those before the weekend.

Spurs had been in good form but they were smashing teams like Wolfsberger, Crystal Palace, Fulham, Burnley. 5 of their last 6 losses prior to the game came against Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton, Man City and West Ham. Plus, Spurs have won at Arsenal in the league since 2010.

Everton beating Burnley wasn't a foregone conclusion. This is the same team that have already lost to the likes of Newcastle (twice!) and Fulham. And Burnley had lost only once at Goodison Park in 6-7 games prior to yesterday. 

I do not think the Leeds result was that bad, super annoying for sure, but not bad. I say this as Leeds turned up at the weekend and gave us a game, they have done this to other sides in the top half of the league so I am not feeling it was too much of a disaster. The biggest issue I had was all the changes. For me, James should've started ahead of Ziyech and I also think Giroud may have been a good idea on that pitch. Further, Kova was missed a lot. 

For me, the real no excuse dropped points this season were: 

WBA away

Soton home

Soton away (I mean who seriously thought Zouma of all people was a good idea at CCB?) 

Wolves away

Le Arse away

Those games were pretty much plain awful or due to awful individual errors. For me, those games should resulted in 3 wins and 2 draws, which would mean an additional 8 points. 

Edited by King Kante