• Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Mount
    • Ziyech
    • Werner
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

Long time forum-lurker, first time poster. I was just marveling at how far down the pecking order Pulisic has fallen from essentially playing Liverpool on his own (as a sub!) during Project Restart to being an afterthought in Tuchel's mind.

On the plus side, I'm always excited to see more of Ziyech.

8 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I have been all day. I was somewhat confident going into the Man Utd game that we could get a result. I am not feeling great before this one.

Aye. I kind of had a feeling we would get a draw with United but this game will need a monumental effort from the lads.

9 minutes ago, Benchpress said:

Long time forum-lurker, first time poster. I was just marveling at how far down the pecking order Pulisic has fallen from essentially playing Liverpool on his own (as a sub!) during Project Restart to being an afterthought in Tuchel's mind.

Pulisics form has been a little bizarre this season. 

6 minutes ago, Benchpress said:

He has not capitalized on his chances lately. I expected to see more growth this season and it just has not happened. Injuries have kept him out the first half of the season, but he is just not the same in games as restart. I hope he turns it around. He is a joy to watch when he is in form.

29 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We'll see. Under Tuchel so far, there's been clear patterns of play with regards to transition. I'm curious to see how we cope against Liverpool's press. 

We only have 1 forward though. We'll see Timo being isolated up front, I guarantee you. Mount and Ziyech are both midfielders playing in progressive roles, which means that we'll see them doing defensive work way too much instead of staying up front. 

Furthermore, Kante and Jorginho are both midfielders that have zero contribution in attack. On top of that, both of our wingbacks are natural fullbacks. You can't tell me that Chilwell and James are good enough to be wingbacks. It's like we're playing 5 defenders, two defensive-minded central midfielders, two roaming 10's that don't aren't necessarily attackers and an out of form second striker in Timo Werner.

I'd be extremely surprised if we score in this game.

5 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

He has not capitalized on his chances lately. I expected to see more growth this season and it just has not happened. Injuries have kept him out the first half of the season, but he is just not the same in games as restart. I hope he turns it around. He is a joy to watch when he is in form.

Understood, but I can't help but think that if he was given as many chances as Werner was given by Tuchel, he would be back to hitting his stride.

2020-21 English Premier League

Liverpool                    364.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin
Chelsea              363.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin

http://www.sportnews.to/mysports/2021/premier-league-liverpool-vs-Chelsea-s1/

https://www.totalsportek.com/highlights/arsenal-vs-everton-2016-match/

0ba63f530f748c650efd6740fea9d72f.png6603c15377cf913343f0072f0d469231.png

Looks a bit more cautious with no Hudson-Odoi at RWB and also Werner through the middle as opposed to Giroud with Werner on his left in the line up is different.

And am a bit surprised Ziyech is still in the team. No Kovacic is another one that is a bit surprising but still a decent line up. Hopefully manage a good performances and result.

Few boys out there with a point to prove, particularly Ziyech and Chilwell and also Werner, again, now in a more central role.

Edited by OneMoSalah