Valentino Livramento

Vesper

0670d01defdee223800ef1207d254284.png

THE SECRET SCOUT: Chelsea's teenage defender Valentino Livramento has the power and pace to play as a forceful right full-back

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9065789/THE-SECRET-SCOUT-Chelseas-Livramento-power-pace-play-forceful-right-back.html

c7ae8e01ed8c44c800747bbec858d1ee.png

Our scout is a top football expert who attends matches each week searching for the next star.

Here is his verdict on Chelsea starlet Valentino Livramento for Sportsmail....

WHAT HAS HE GOT? 

Reece James cemented his place in the Chelsea team after a good loan spell, and I wonder if this teenager from Croydon can emulate his colleague.

A loan would be an advantage now. Although he has only just turned 18, Livramento has the power and pace to play as a forceful right full-back in men’s football. I like the way he maintains his speed over long distances. Once he gets into his stride, he is difficult to contain.

A loan would be an advantage now. Although he has only just turned 18, Livramento has the power and pace to play as a forceful right full-back in men’s football. I like the way he maintains his speed over long distances. Once he gets into his stride, he is difficult to contain.

36985654-9065789-Chelsea_defender_Valentino_Livramento_above_has_power_and_pace_a-m-52_1608247858149.jpg

In the game I watched, with the opposition playing narrow, he was often able to find space on his flank to receive the ball and advance. Timing his runs, he surged forwards. The opposition left back was shrewd, forcing Livramento inside. But this did not deter him and he kept control of the ball.

He showed confidence and was a regular release-ball. His defending was adequate and he did not lose composure. He also showed awareness to cover his centre-back when play was developing on the opposite side.

WHAT DOES HE NEED?

A couple of times he did run into traffic and may have used his speed to play a simple one-two when trapped and forced inside. Once, when the opposition winger side-stepped him on his left, he stopped his opponent in his tracks with a mistimed tackle, but this was not the norm.

One of the younger players in the Chelsea academy side, he is a homegrown asset who could well move through the ranks within three seasons.

A loan spell in the lower-league hurly-burly would help Chelsea assess his future. He is certainly strong enough.

The Secret Scout believes the 18-year-old defender could benefit from a loan move

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Going to a place that has a good record of young players developing well there but can't help but think at 18 he become inpatient too soon.presuming of course Tuchel hadn't told him he's lower down the pecking order than most fans would think.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Chelsea fans send £25m transfer message to Marina Granovskaia after Jack Grealish incident

Tino Livramento left Chelsea for Southampton during the summer transfer window but continues to lend a hand to the Blues' title challenge

https://www.football.london/Chelsea-fc/news/Chelsea-25m-transfer-jack-grealish-21610419

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea fans send £25m transfer message to Marina Granovskaia after Jack Grealish incident

Tino Livramento left Chelsea for Southampton during the summer transfer window but continues to lend a hand to the Blues' title challenge

https://www.football.london/Chelsea-fc/news/Chelsea-25m-transfer-jack-grealish-21610419

If he continues his trajectory and we take him for 25m that is 25m well invested for those two years as he would never have become that player here. Our first team is not there to develop players. Southampton's and the likes are. Those buy-back clause deals are quite smart, provided the player actually would want to return. It is still great to have it as a call option. What is 20m when you can have  a ready made class player who already know the club. And if he does not cut it, we at least got those 5m.

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

If he continues his trajectory and we take him for 25m that is 25m well invested for those two years as he would never have become that player here. Our first team is not there to develop players. Southampton's and the likes are. Those buy-back clause deals are quite smart, provided the player actually would want to return. It is still great to have it as a call option. What is 20m when you can have  a ready made class player who already know the club. And if he does not cut it, we at least got those 5m.

It seems like a given we'll re-sign should he stay injury-free & want to return.

I do wonder what would happen if someone else wanted him. I presume they would probably have to pay double, but it would ultimately be up to him.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Needs to be bought back, what an absolute mess to let him leave instead of promising him game time.

Clause isn't active till 2023, so I think something will have to be done before then.

I wasn’t aware before the season how accomplished he already is. Given we bid 80m for hakimi and now have to play Azpi at rwb it clearly shows we should have made more of an effort to keep him. His pace, close control and timing are insane 

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I wasn’t aware before the season how accomplished he already is. Given we bid 80m for hakimi and now have to play Azpi at rwb it clearly shows we should have made more of an effort to keep him. His pace, close control and timing are insane 

Game time is essential for young players. Let him play there for 2 season regularly. Important thing is we have buy back and 38m is really nothing these days. (it is 50m but we have percentage of future sale so for us would be 38m).

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Tuchel recently said him and the board made a lot of effort to keep him, but he decided to move on. Can't blame him on recent events & potentially being on the verge of the England squad.

The big issue I have is, we went for Hakimi when we already had someone as well-rounded in our academy.