• Kante
    • Mount
    • Havertz
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Giroud
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

This game should suit havertz down to the ground. He'll have time a space in the middle just outside the edge of the box. He can't make late runs from balls out wide and if he's got the urgency should have a few opportunities to score outside the box

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I think teams have clocked how we play and they block the wing to make us ineffective. If we can't use the wing, then we're almost useless.

I suggest everyone to watch the game carefully and check how many times we actually play combination football in the middle. You'll be shocked, because all we do is pass to the wing and hope someone puts a good cross in.
Yes, it's pretty apparent we are counting on crosses, especially with Giroud on. Maybe taking him off would encourage them to attempt something different than crosses. Hope to see Tammy and Kovavic on soon for Giroud and Havertz (he's being abysmal atm).

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

Our pressing is clearly improving but we are creating nothing from open play. Literally nothing for a second game in a row.We are not even trying to play through the middle.Overcrowding flanks is a good strategion but in our case only leads to crosses.Werner is practically out of the game. 

Kante is back to his beast mode!

PS There is no need to single out Havertz. He is a weak link so far but we all hope that he will come good. I don't think pointing fingers at him would help. 

You look at how Son plays at Spuds. Very similar skill set as Timo. Why does it seem like whenever Son receives the ball he is in acres of space to run into and get shots away whilst Werner never does? Is it due to teams being terrified of Kane in the middle and are drawn to him? 

I just don't get it. Why are we struggling so badly to involve him?

7 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I don't like pointing out individuals when every offensive player is bad. All 5 of them, it was the same against Everton. 

Doesn't change the fact that he has been bad again. At times, it feels like we're operating with 10 men. In fact, it's hard to think of a game or even a period during a game where Havertz has excelled (and no, that League Cup game against Barnsley doesn't count). 

7 minutes ago, manpe said:

Yes, it's pretty apparent we are counting on crosses, especially with Giroud on. Maybe taking him off would encourage them to attempt something different than crosses. Hope to see Tammy and Kovavic on soon for Giroud and Havertz (he's being abysmal atm).

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

The crosses are one thing but I don't even know why we're putting high crosses in for the likes of Pulisic and Werner to win in the air! 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

You look at how Son plays at Spuds. Very similar skill set as Timo. Why does it seem like whenever Son receives the ball he is in acres of space to run into and get shots away whilst Werner never does? Is it due to teams being terrified of Kane in the middle and are drawn to him? 

I just don't get it. Why are we struggling so badly to involve him?

Different styles. We have the ball most of the time while Tottenham are willing to give it away and that gives Son a lot of space to operate in.