Kai Havertz

Blues11

2 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Yeah I agree, he has potential but he must deliver come soon....injuries of course wont help, I hope the fire in him will make him deliver as he has it in him.

This is the frustrating bit, he so very obviously has it in him. I can almost imagine that his mum used to tell him to be fair to the other boys and not hog all the limelight himself. We'll, they're big boys now Rubes. You don't have to be fair to them anymore.

9 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Ruben has excellent attributes, but he has never shown any hint of becoming a world class player. Throughout his Chelsea progression he has consistently failed to impact football matches. No one doubts that he has the qualities to be a big factor in any game but he virtually never delivers.

Those fantastic attributes got him in the World Cup squad; injuries got him in the side, and what did he deliver?. Nothing.

I've championed Ruben since his U18 days, but I've always offered the opinion that he would not make it if he did not find a way to bring his talent to bear on matches more often. It hasn't happened yet.

I disagree with you on Ruben. Not many player has his combination of physical attribute and skill. But that is debate for another thread.

With Havertz you have to be sure. He won't come cheap, with his hype Leverkusen will ask for crazy money. Maybe close to 100 m. If you ask for 100m player and use him just as part of rotation player, everyone will think you are crazy. 

9 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Ruben has excellent attributes, but he has never shown any hint of becoming a world class player. Throughout his Chelsea progression he has consistently failed to impact football matches. No one doubts that he has the qualities to be a big factor in any game but he virtually never delivers.

Those fantastic attributes got him in the World Cup squad; injuries got him in the side, and what did he deliver?. Nothing.

I've championed Ruben since his U18 days, but I've always offered the opinion that he would not make it if he did not find a way to bring his talent to bear on matches more often. It hasn't happened yet.

I am pretty much of the same opinion on RLC. Further, I think he will never really be be fit enough for a full season or two. Personally, I expect him to end up like Darren Anderton i.e. can be great here and there but never has the consistency and is always in and out with injuries. 

57 minutes ago, communicate said:

I disagree with you on Ruben. Not many player has his combination of physical attribute and skill. But that is debate for another thread.

With Havertz you have to be sure. 

There is no debate; I agree with you. As I said, Ruben has excellent attributes. My argument is that he does do enough with them. 

57 minutes ago, communicate said:

With Havertz you have to be sure. He won't come cheap, with his hype Leverkusen will ask for crazy money. Maybe close to 100 m. If you ask for 100m player and use him just as part of rotation player, everyone will think you are crazy. 

We would be crazy to do that again. Any player worth £100m would have to be an automatic starter for us. If he wasn't good enough to be that in this squad, then we would have massively overpaid.

Again?? Relatively speaking, we've previously signed players for amounts equivalent to £100m in today's market and used them in rotation. Our squad is not good for us to burn money like that now. If we dump that amount into a player, he has to be on the pitch.

Is Havertz worth that kind of money? I haven't seen enough of him in 90-minute action to be certain. If, however, Frank is convinced that he wants to spend such a chunk of his budget on the player then, in the absence of information to form my own judgement, I'd have to defer to my belief in Frank and Jody. If too, Marina can make the deal fit within FFP, then I will have to defer to her also.

5 hours ago, King Kante said:

I am pretty much of the same opinion on RLC. Further, I think he will never really be be fit enough for a full season or two. Personally, I expect him to end up like Darren Anderton i.e. can be great here and there but never has the consistency and is always in and out with injuries. 

I always said that it was his injuries which kept Darren Anderton at the top level. Without them, his inconsistency would have seen him slide downwards. The next time Ruben gets a run in the side may well be decisive for his Chelsea future.

1 hour ago, communicate said:

there are only a few 21yo and under players who are hyper elite enough to be worth 80 to 100m euros (in a few cases even more) 

Havertz is deffo one of the 8

Kylian Mbappé  
Jadon Sancho
Erling Haaland   
Kai Havertz
João Félix
Trent Alexander-Arnold    
Alphonso Davies    
Matthijs de Ligt   (around 80m euros or so, and he is only 20yo still)

potentially there, but not yet

Sandro Tonali (close, very close to 80m euros, I would rate him 70-75m euros atm)
Eduardo Camavinga (only 17, so has 4 years to get there)
Ferran Torres  (next season will tell, he has all the skills plus great size and pace)
Nicolò Zaniolo   (next season is huge, as he is coming off a horrid knee injury)  

3 minutes ago, shrenshah said:

Lets get De Ligt in return for Jorginho...I am sure Sarri wont say no :P

they would also want Emerson, and still might not go for it

but its worth a shot

big problem is Sarri

IF the Juve blows Serie A he will be sacked for sure unless he (so doubtful) wins the CL

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

There is no debate; I agree with you. As I said, Ruben has excellent attributes. My argument is that he does do enough with them. 

We would be crazy to do that again. Any player worth £100m would have to be an automatic starter for us. If he wasn't good enough to be that in this squad, then we would have massively overpaid.

Again?? Relatively speaking, we've previously signed players for amounts equivalent to £100m in today's market and used them in rotation. Our squad is not good for us to burn money like that now. If we dump that amount into a player, he has to be on the pitch.

Is Havertz worth that kind of money? I haven't seen enough of him in 90-minute action to be certain. If, however, Frank is convinced that he wants to spend such a chunk of his budget on the player then, in the absence of information to form my own judgement, I'd have to defer to my belief in Frank and Jody. If too, Marina can make the deal fit within FFP, then I will have to defer to her also.

Other than early roman era, i don't think we ever spend big on player where we think he won't be at least important player for us. 

Like you, i have never watched havertz play. I was trying to watch him play against Bayern but he was injured. 

I want to see more concrete Havertz rumors [emoji3]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

I believe you support Jason in his quest for Timo if he join you in your quest for Havertz then I believe we get him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6 minutes ago, 1chelsea said:

I believe you support Jason in his quest for Timo if he join you in your quest for Havertz then I believe we get him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

:lol: I have nothing against Havertz but I just don't think we will sign him. So, sorry @killer1257...