Kai Havertz

Blues11

Just now, Pulisicismydaddy said:

Probably but Bouhafsi is usually reliable..

But nothing he said there is new. We know we want him. We know Havertz wants to join. We also know it's been a case of the club agreeing the payment structure with Leverkusen. It's been that way for the last 1-2 weeks.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

the defence will still be addressed

missing out on Havertz would be a long term disaster from both ends, both us, and then the fact he strengthens the hell out of a direct rival for EPL and/or CL glory

Yep, definitely need him for the short term.

For the long term, however, am concerned that one day Bayern Effng Munich will come sniffing for German talent, just like they grabbed Leroy Sane. And we've got Timo too. Hard to see them not come in, if 1 or both succeed.

Then again, we've always had Madrid lurking around for Hazard and still got 7 good seasons, so maybe it won't be that bad.

2 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Yep, definitely need for the short term.

For the long term, however, am concerned that one day Bayern Effng Munich will come sniffing for German talent, just like they grabbed Leroy Sane.

Then again, we've always had Madrid lurking around for Hazard and still got 7 good seasons, so maybe it won't be that bad.

the huge thing we need

is for Roman to take advantage of the extension

and change his mind on the new stadium ASAP

the lure of playing in close to best football-only stadium on the planet (surely top 5) would be strong as hell

Bayern can come in for him in a few years all they want. They won't be able to afford him if he continues to progress. He'll be a £150m player in 2 seasons. Not worried about them at all.

It's Real Madrid looking for a Galactico that we'd have to be concerned about in 2-3 years. Even then, everything would have to align for them to be ablel to afford him. They'll be needing to replace Ramos, Bale, Benzema, Modric etc within the next couple of years. An attacking midfielder may be the least of their worries.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

the huge thing we need

is for Roman to take advantage of the extension

and change his mind on the new stadium ASAP

the lure of playing in close to best football-only stadium on the planet (surely top 5) would be strong as hell

We're on the same page re the importance of the stadium. I wasn't so convinced by the proposed building however. Leaving that aside, two other things come to mind.

Was Roman ever serious or was the planning permission a strong selling point to deliver to proposed buyers? I only pose, or rather restate, the question for discussion. I don't really believe it myself.

We have a lot of players, not fringe players, but key members of the squad who fall in to at least one of the following categories: -

- They are not good enough

- They know they are not good enough

- They know that they have no future at the club

- Beyond a wage packet they don't want a future at the club.

Indeed, more than a few fall into more than one of those groupings. The squad overhaul that we all desperately want, really is as necessary as our posts make it sound. Can Roman fund the rebuild and raise the money for the stadium? It's a complicated picture, for example, it's a fair bet that governments all over the world are going to be bending over backwards to incentivise major construction projects. Cheap money, tax incentives and all sorts will be out there. (Amazing how many elections European conservatives win by talking down Keynesian economics, and how often they turn to it when things go south.) Football revenue is going to be down and continue down for a long time however. Not necessarily the whole of the time we'd have to be away from The Bridge, but for a good chunk of it. In the face of that, major spend on the squad and a stadium rebuild is hard to believe in.

4 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Frank when asked about Havertz

"I wouldnt expect anything"   

Either he is playing coy and giving nothing away, or the club simply wont pay what Leverkusen want and Frank has been informed

Full quote and context from 1:47 here...

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

So, still confident or not? :ph34r:

Heart says yes, head says 50-50.  It's going to come down to the fee, i think its pretty obvious terms are done.  Far too many decent journos reporting it, and that Honigstein claims Frank has even spoken to Havertz personally.  Leverkusen look like they wont budge so we'll have to come up with a smart way of paying it.  

He quite clearly doesnt say "i wouldnt expect anything" in relation to Havertz not joining, or no more players in; otherwise it'd make no sense for him to then state we will look at where we can improve and he has an idea of where we can.

I think he was making the point that he doesnt expect anything as in he perhaps doesn't expect to get his own way and everything handed to him.   

IF most (or dog forbid, all) of the flowing happen

1. we fuck the Havertz transfer

2. we dot not sign a winger now that the cunt Willian is walking on a free (especially if no Havertz)

3 End up do nothing at GK

4. bollocks up the Rice move

5, buy what I think are shit left backs and/or CB's

6 we continue to have massive systemic injuries (clearly, at that point, we are doing something wrong)

Lampard WILL be sacked during the coming season

BOOK IT

if Havertz ends up at an another EPL club next summer, we are going to be punished for years

I already am worried that fuckstick Willian is going to hammer us when we face Arse, as it just seems like the sort of bad, bad karma we seem to have