Kai Havertz

Blues11

1 hour ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Think its pretty obvious we will hear nothing re. Havertz until end of August IMO.  Once EL is all sorted for Bayer

Yep. But the way everything has gone super quiet could easily mean the deal is all done and just waiting for confirmation as soon as Leverkusen's season is done. 

I was 100% convinced we'd get him but have really wavered. It could well be that everything is sorted and we've agreed to let him play the EL. That would explain why things got to a boiling point last week where it seemed as though all that was missing was an announcement and then silence ever since.

But seeing United on the brink of signing Sancho while we've heard fuck all for a while now makes me nervous.

For me, Havertz signing or not signing is the difference between us having a solid transfer window and us having a spectacular, best we've ever had window. Also the difference between us being a title challenger and top 4 lock or being just like we were this season which is in a knife fight for 4th with a handful of other teams.

I'm desperate for this signing now! 😬

Let's be clear here, United aren't any closer than we are in signing Sancho/Havertz. 

All that's reported is that terms have been agreed for both players. I would be genuinely surprised if United flat out paid the 120 million asking price without taking the time to negotiate.  

When has a transfer story gone as far as this and not happened? From our perspective I can only think of two and that's Robinho and Lukaku.

Thankfuck the latter didn't happen, although I still to this day maintain the former would have worked for us.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

When has a transfer story gone as far as this and not happened? From our perspective I can only think of two and that's Robinho and Lukaku.

Thankfuck the latter didn't happen, although I still to this day maintain the former would have worked for us.

Even lukaku would have worked better than Torres 2.0

21 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Even lukaku would have worked better than Torres 2.0

I don't think any signing we made instead would have made me wish we signed Lukaku, the guy is an average player with the ego of a generational one, he would have butchered the dressing room morale.

37 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I don't think any signing we made instead would have made me wish we signed Lukaku, the guy is an average player with the ego of a generational one, he would have butchered the dressing room morale.

Lukaku does seem like a really good fit for Conte's system though, 29 goals this season for Inter. If he'd joined instead of Morata in 2017 the following season would've 100% certain been much better (at least top4) and who knows, maybe Conte wouldn't have had his total meltdown and gotten sacked. Conte was desperate to get Lukaku, which is even more obvious now that he went and signed him for his next club. 

Can't say I regret the way things turned out with Conte now that the current project at the club is looking really exciting too but sometimes I do wonder what the team would look like if Conte had been backed properly and gotten the signings he wanted. He's a great manager tactically and even though some of his players look underwhelming to the outside, he knows exactly what he wants from his team and gets players who fit the system. While not all signings work out, Conte's teams overall are more often than not more than the sum of its parts. But as a person he's toxic as fuck so I don't really miss him.

And yeah, under Sarri or Lampard I wouldn't want Lukaku anywhere near the team. But for Conte he's a great player.

41 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Fair.

But with Conte, it was not as if the dressing room seemed very jovial and happy. 

Also, Lukaku would have shone in conte's system (as he is). 

1 hour ago, Jype said:

Lukaku does seem like a really good fit for Conte's system though, 29 goals this season for Inter. If he'd joined instead of Morata in 2017 the following season would've 100% certain been much better (at least top4) and who knows, maybe Conte wouldn't have had his total meltdown and gotten sacked. Conte was desperate to get Lukaku, which is even more obvious now that he went and signed him for his next club. 

Can't say I regret the way things turned out with Conte now that the current project at the club is looking really exciting too but sometimes I do wonder what the team would look like if Conte had been backed properly and gotten the signings he wanted. He's a great manager tactically and even though some of his players look underwhelming to the outside, he knows exactly what he wants from his team and gets players who fit the system. While not all signings work out, Conte's teams overall are more often than not more than the sum of its parts. But as a person he's toxic as fuck so I don't really miss him.

And yeah, under Sarri or Lampard I wouldn't want Lukaku anywhere near the team. But for Conte he's a great player.

There's no guarantee it would have worked that way either. He may have scored more than Morata but they could have been the 6th and 7th and home to Stoke, the 4th at Huddersfield and the 3rd Vs Southampton. Also Morata scored the winner against United, something which can be reasonably assumed Rom wouldn't have done given his big game record. Morata also had an excellent game at Anfield and played a huge part in the equalizer, something that Lukaku may not have done.

Furthermore we were comfortably in the top 4 in January despite Morata's flaws, it wasn't the striker issue that meant we lost out (we actually upgraded that January and still collapsed).

Regarding Conte, he's been backed properly at Inter and is still acting like a baby, even if we somehow delayed the meltdown that season it would have happened the next. In hindsight the board should have took the fan outrage on the chin and sacked him after the title.

9 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Regarding Conte, he's been backed properly at Inter and is still acting like a baby, even if we somehow delayed the meltdown that season it would have happened the next. In hindsight the board should have took the fan outrage on the chin and sacked him after the title.

Yeah, on that I agree. In hindsight the good options would've been to either back him 100% or get rid as soon as the first cracks in the relationship appeared (for example the Diego Costa incident). No half-measures like spending a lot of money on shit second-rate signings and still end up with an unhappy manager. 

The situation is eerily similar at Inter now. Either the board have to suck up and accept his toxic personality moving forward or cut ties with him asap, anything else will only end up in tears.

2 hours ago, Jype said:

Yeah, on that I agree. In hindsight the good options would've been to either back him 100% or get rid as soon as the first cracks in the relationship appeared (for example the Diego Costa incident). No half-measures like spending a lot of money on shit second-rate signings and still end up with an unhappy manager. 

The situation is eerily similar at Inter now. Either the board have to suck up and accept his toxic personality moving forward or cut ties with him asap, anything else will only end up in tears.

We didn't know this was the case. Inter's board knows how it has turned out in his previous club. I won't be surprised if he leaves tbh