Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

That seems more relevant to those who are coming through our academy. I'm sure Ziyech and Werner would know about Lampard's playing career but based on their comments, it seems like Lampard brought that personal touch, the kind of 1-on-1 personal man management needed when trying to persuade those two to join us. 

Yeah, but we had it a little bit easy because both Werner and Ziyech wanted to go to Bayern last year, but Bayern never went all in for them and both Ziyech and Werner got pissed, so they signed new contracts. Especially Ziyech, who made interviews indirectly dissing Bayern, got mad. So lamps 1 on 1 personal management was something they really wanted and appreciated. Also, Werner will earn a lot of money at Chelsea. That probably helps too lol.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Yeah, but we had it a little bit easy because both Werner and Ziyech wanted to go to Bayern last year, but Bayern never went all in for them and both Ziyech and Werner got pissed, so they signed new contracts. Especially Ziyech, who made interviews indirectly dissing Bayern, got mad. So lamps 1 on 1 personal management was something they really wanted and appreciated. Also, Werner will earn a lot of money at Chelsea. That probably helps too lol.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Well, who gives a s*** about Bayern?!

https://www.90min.com/posts/timo-werner-leave-rb-leipzig-chelsea-before-champions-league?a_aid=41222

Werner was expected to be one of the summer's most in-demand players. Liverpool were widely assumed to be leading the race for his signature, while Inter and Manchester United were both touted as potential suitors.

"It's no secret that there were several offers," Werner confessed. "There were some top clubs that fought for me. The entire Chelsea package was the best for me, my game and my career.

"For me, money was never a decisive factor. If it was, I could have gone to China. Chelsea is a top name in European football. There is a really good team in Chelsea with high quality and who want to attack the top of the Premier League. I haven't regretted my decision for a second.

"I've been to London twice as a tourist and a couple of times as a player. For me, it is an absolute metropolis - the icing on the cake of my new contract and club."

Also more from his interview with Sportbuzzer but it's in German - https://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/timo-werner-rb-leipzig-chelsea-champions-league-lampard-tore-london-angebote/

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

"For me, money was never a decisive factor. If it was, I could have gone to China. Chelsea is a top name in European football. There is a really good team in Chelsea with high quality and who want to attack the top of the Premier League. I haven't regretted my decision for a second.

Good man Werner

43 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

The UK has just announced quarantine free travel for both Germany and Netherlands, so if both him and Hakim arrive this week they won't need to quarantine. 

How convenient! 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

The UK has just announced quarantine free travel for both Germany and Netherlands, so if both him and Hakim arrive this week they won't need to quarantine. 

Will they join up with the squad now and train with them immediately?

I guess it makes sense to, get some of that adjusting out the way. Especially if pre season is as would be expected, much shorter than usual.

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I guess it makes sense to, get some of that adjusting out the way. Especially if pre season is as would be expected, much shorter than usual.

Barring maybe a bit of grace like a week or two off to recharge the batteries I don't see why not.

6 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

They might be given some fitness program to ensure they stay in shape but I doubt they will train with the squad immediately. The season, especially in Werner's case, just finished and Lampard would likely want them to take some time off, disconnect from football before coming back later. After all, Lampard has mentioned numerous times how Pulisic didn't have a summer break last year and that he had to be managed carefully in his first season in English football etc. Last thing he would want is Werner, Ziyech to get overworked before the new season even starts and then get tired later on, especially when next season is gonna be mightily congested. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

They might be given some fitness program to ensure they stay in shape but I doubt they will train with the squad immediately. The season, especially in Werner's case, just finished and Lampard would likely want them to take some time off, disconnect from football before coming back later. After all, Lampard has mentioned numerous times how Pulisic didn't have a summer break last year and that he had to be managed carefully in his first season in English football etc. Last thing he would want is Werner, Ziyech to get overworked before the new season even starts and then get tired later on, especially when next season is gonna be mightily congested. 

I think they should at least be given a tour of the facilities, introduced to the squad and the staff and get some help finding houses so  they can adjust quickly and already feel home when they return from their respective summer breaks.

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think they should at least be given a tour of the facilities, introduced to the squad and the staff and get some help finding houses so  they can adjust quickly and already feel home when they return from their respective summer breaks.

Am sure that will happen once they get to London but if we're talking about training with the team immediately and all that, then I don't think that will happen yet. 

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

Am sure that will happen once they get to London but if we're talking about training with the team immediately and all that, then I don't think that will happen yet. 

In that german article he says he doesnt know when he moves yet, it depends on when the next season starts.