Marc Guehi

Jase

On 23/05/2021 at 02:49, NikkiCFC said:

Swansea one game away from PL. If they get promoted no reason for him not to stay there.

We need a LCB though. Personally, I can see us doing something like this for the CB group next season: 

RCB: Dave/James

CCB: Silva/AC

LCB: Rudi/Guehi

Do that, then we could use the €30m for Tomori and the £30-£35m for Zouma on a player like Hakimi. As that would give us: 

RWB: Hakimi, James

LWB: Chilwell, Alonso

I know a lot of people complain about Alonso, but I do not see the issue of him playing another season as LWB here as in the LWB2 role he is handy enough. 

7 hours ago, DH1988 said:

First times I have seen him was vs Brentford, and I couldn’t see what the hype was. Someone who has watched more games, any thoughts? 

I have seen nothing spectacular about him, he is a solid young CB

plus

he is short for a CB

not a runt like Kounde, but still, only 1.82m (5-11 and a half)

wish he were left-footed and a fullback, lolol

then I would be ALL in

loan him to an EPL side

On 27/05/2021 at 23:19, King Kante said:

We need a LCB though. Personally, I can see us doing something like this for the CB group next season: 

RCB: Dave/James

CCB: Silva/AC

LCB: Rudi/Guehi

Do that, then we could use the €30m for Tomori and the £30-£35m for Zouma on a player like Hakimi. As that would give us: 

RWB: Hakimi, James

LWB: Chilwell, Alonso

I know a lot of people complain about Alonso, but I do not see the issue of him playing another season as LWB here as in the LWB2 role he is handy enough. 

he is not a left-footed player

we need a leftie CB

hace 23 horas, DH1988 dijo:

First times I have seen him was vs Brentford, and I couldn’t see what the hype was. Someone who has watched more games, any thoughts? 

To be fair I think he’s not the same level as Fikayo was at Derby.

He has actually done well in the championship this season with Swansea but still needs another 2 seasons playing reguarly, be it either 2 x 1 season PL loans or another championship loan then a PL loan the following season. 

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

You don't rate him?

He was good in the championship. 

That's two young CB we sold. 

Unless we are going to buy a new one? 

I am banking on us buying someone off this list

these are the only CBs who interest me and are remotely available (which knocks Marquinhos and de Ligt off the list, plus I do not trust José María Giménez to remain healthy all the time, and Milan Skriniar lacks ball-playing skills, and Koulibaly is too old now for the insane cash Napoli still want)

Jules Koundé is a dwarf. IF we crop £69m on him I am going to explode in rage.

Alessandro Bastoni (by far the toughest pull, even more so than Varane, unless Pep says he is keeping Laporte, wh then goes off this list)
Raphaël Varane   (likely going to Manure or PSG though)
Aymeric Laporte   (IF Pep is actually selling him)
Maxence Lacroix  (If none of the 3 above are doable, then I would grab him, massive upside) 
Sven Botman 
Alessio Romagnoli

maybe Gianluca Mancini

This is a strange move if it goes through with buy back and everything ... He is suppose to be the next player coming out of the ranks and we have a big loanee network so why sell him? Makes no sense. 

We have moved into a situation where players in the market have crazy valuation, it is important to hold on our academy players who have potential so that we groom them, move them into first team and maintain some financial sanity. I m sure if Guehi was in another team, his potential would had been hyped up & we would have been talking about getting him for 50-60m 

Amazing job by the club. 15-20m for a player who never played in PL. I expect always a few players from the academy in the squad but I guess Guehi is not amongst them. This is why our academy is great, we can get tons of money. Tomori, Guehi, Abraham get us almost 100m. Plus we have many more. Pretty clear Ampadu is not good for us as well, sell him as well. 

So it is always win - win for Chelsea. Even if Billy Gilmour doesn't become what we expect nobody should care, he'll get us profit. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

13 minutes ago, Jas said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/15/crystal-palace-agree-fee-defender-marc-guehi-with-Chelsea

Seems like the club's initial plan was to loan Guehi out again but he wants to play week in week out and hence, the move to Palace. 

Cannot blame him. It is all good being 20 and rated by the club, but if you keep going out on loan, you can end up being seen as just a Loan Ranger.