• Kovacic
    • Barkley
    • Pedro
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Batshuayi
    • Mount (sub)
    • Lamptey (sub)

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Nah you can throw Barkley in there as well. Ruben fit Barkley won’t see the light of day

Thing is as someone else said.

At least Barkley tries 100% and gets the odd goal. But he's sadly just not good enough.

The others I mentioned just stroll around and do fuck all. No intensity.

At least it's a home win to build on. Need to follow it up against Burnley.

Seriously, did Giroud do something to upset Lampard? Didn't even get a single minute despite Batshuayi being horrendous all game! 

Most certainly off?

Wouldn't make sense to risk him either.

Just now, LAM09 said:

Most certainly off?

Wouldn't make sense to risk him either.

But Pedro?

At least let him get his farewell. I remember Sarri got slated for the way he treated Cahill last season and Lampard has taken the same route here with Giroud. Bizarre!

But Pedro?
At least let him get his farewell. I remember Sarri got slated for the way he treated Cahill last season and Lampard has taken the same route here with Giroud. Bizarre!
Where's Pedro going, Villa?

Cahill was a long time servant that did more good than bad for the club whilst Giroud has been a bench warmer for the most part. Not exactly like for like scenarios.

Decent performance in parts.  Forest's second string team though so would have been a disaster to lose that.

Batshuayi much as i like him, needs to play week in week out via a loan or sale.  Giroud clearly off. CHO wasn't bad but always does well in cups against weaker sides.... not the same player in the prem.  Sadly

What annoyed me more than most was how static and limp we were in that second half.

Of course we did enough to win and that is all that matters but for confidence and moving forward that was tasteless in that second half.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

Where's Pedro going, Villa?

No word on where he will be going.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Cahill was a long time servant that did more good than bad for the club whilst Giroud has been a bench warmer for the most part. Not exactly like for like scenarios.

It's the manner he has been frozen out completely, which is similar, if not the same, to Cahill last season (Giroud also did help win us the Europa League last season). I mean yeah, Giroud doesn't suit Lampard's football but can't even get minutes against Nottingham Forest's B/C team? 

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

Seriously, did Giroud do something to upset Lampard? Didn't even get a single minute despite Batshuayi being horrendous all game! 

conte want him to internazionale, maybe in this market session 

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

Michy being second striker over Giroud this season is one of the Frank's mistakes. They probably want to put more valuation for his sale. But Michy being Belgium second striker over Origi is even more crazier! 

It's the manner he has been frozen out completely, which is similar, if not the same, to Cahill last season (Giroud also did help win us the Europa League last season). I mean yeah, Giroud doesn't suit Lampard's football but can't even get minutes against Nottingham Forest's B/C team? 
We aren't privy to what's happening behind the scenes and know it's Lampard's way or no way.

All in all, it's probably an accumulation of things.

Just now, LAM09 said:

We aren't privy to what's happening behind the scenes and know it's Lampard's way or no way.

All in all, it's probably an accumulation of things.

could even be a deal is ongoing so as to not risk injury

1 minute ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

could even be a deal is ongoing so as to not risk injury

If that's the case, then we might have found a replacement for him because Jody Morris has said we can't just let him go without finding a replacement first. 

28 minutes ago, Jason said:

He's off.. And will be more saleable if he's still eligible for the cup..That's my thinking on it. And yea Bats was pure shite, but we were not in any danger of losing.