• Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Barkley
    • Abraham
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Alonso (sub)

Is this a joke? Zouma gets the blame for 2-2? im laughing.  People dont understand football...  Where is the midfield? The AM running against Zouma, should ZOuma just let him go so he can follow Pukki? Pukki is best in the premier League at those runs, and its so perfect...  Christensen plays him ONSIDE! with a millisecond.  No one is to blame for the goal, but if someone is it should be Christensen for playing him onside... Kepa with a mistake too. Pukki should never score form that position.

What about 1-1... Not a single person is mentioning Jorginho or Azpi, when its all their fault.  Jorginho can`t defend and got bullied from a little kid and Azpi not in the right place...

Did Pukki really get or make many chances? the one shot on Kepa?

I just feel people is having their opinion from the UNited game still... So Zouma is shit and all is his fault.  People will only see his mistakes and never give him credit when his good.

26 minutes ago, special Eden said:

Is this a joke? Zouma gets the blame for 2-2? im laughing.  People dont understand football...  Where is the midfield? The AM running against Zouma, should ZOuma just let him go so he can follow Pukki? Pukki is best in the premier League at those runs, and its so perfect...  Christensen plays him ONSIDE! with a millisecond.  No one is to blame for the goal, but if someone is it should be Christensen for playing him onside... Kepa with a mistake too. Pukki should never score form that position.

What about 1-1... Not a single person is mentioning Jorginho or Azpi, when its all their fault.  Jorginho can`t defend and got bullied from a little kid and Azpi not in the right place...

Did Pukki really get or make many chances? the one shot on Kepa?

I just feel people is having their opinion from the UNited game still... So Zouma is shit and all is his fault.  People will only see his mistakes and never give him credit when his good.

stop putting words in my mouth

I never said he was shit, I said he was just not the type of CB we should be aspiring to come next summer unless he shows consistent and dramatic improvement

there is nothing we can do about until then due to the bans

I am NOT rooting against him, as he is obviously a massively key player for us this year

you are getting way too argy bargy over this whole thing

It’s all opinions, but if someone thinks zouma is good on the ball... well there are always other sports to watch. :) 

Do you notice that zouma always adjusts his body posture before making the easiest pass? Often even sticking his hands out a la bakayoko for balance. That shows that the task is laborious and unfamiliar to him. Handling the football is just not natural to him. It will be exploited and errors forced.

On the ball, he’s exactly the same player and it is something that rarely changes.

in other words, regardless of how solid and good at defending zouma becomes, he will never be city (or any possession side) material. 

4 hours ago, Robchels said:

It’s all opinions, but if someone thinks zouma is good on the ball... well there are always other sports to watch. :) 

Do you notice that zouma always adjusts his body posture before making the easiest pass? Often even sticking his hands out a la bakayoko for balance. That shows that the task is laborious and unfamiliar to him. Handling the football is just not natural to him. It will be exploited and errors forced.

On the ball, he’s exactly the same player and it is something that rarely changes.

in other words, regardless of how solid and good at defending zouma becomes, he will never be city (or any possession side) material. 

True. He's clearly been instructed to keep it simple, he never tries anything adventurous and plays it safe. Which is the right thing to do considering his skillset, but ideally shouldn't be the CB type we aspire to make a starter. Rüdiger's passing and ball control are much better, so I hope he gets in shape quickly and benches Zouma. We could also use his experience and leadership.