• Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Barkley
    • Abraham
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Alonso (sub)

Anyway, you are both right. Rüdiger and Kante should not be called up for the NT.

With Kante I dont know but I do not expect Löw to call up Rüdiger if he is not fit. 

Back to the game, i rewatched the highlights and we should be walking all over this poor Norwich side. They really performed poorly in midfield and defence, just were clincial. 

But we weren't. Still 3 goals is a step in the right direction. Can not blame us too much for the goals conceded. They march through our midfield too easily sure. Also when Tammy loses the ball there for the first goal, he needs to foul the player. Still, Kovacic should have provided more cover and pounced on the loose ball.

For the second, IMO it was clearly Kepa's fault. Pukki was running nowhere until Kepas positioning gave him an angle. 

Our goals were all well playd and taken but the amount of opportunities waster by Pulisic was absolutely ridiculous. should have scored or at least assisted 2 more. I hope we can try him on the left side at some point. the less said about our set-pieces and Barkleys shooting the better. The only thing offensive we need to improve is still our efficiency. other than that, creating 20 chances today is no one off. WE did so vs pool and utd as well, we could do so very juventus, barca or whoever. they would pick us off tho. we were clueless when norwich parked the bus in the second half tho, the goal was an early shot that came a bit as a surprise. I will be less worried once Ruben is back, cos then we have 2 midfield goal threats. Still this is not enough. 

Also I am not sure abuot Kante/Kovacic/Jorignho. None of them is a goal threat so playing 2 or 3 of them really deprives us of the goals we need and could be unnecessary in the future vs small teams.  Also if we want to play open, end-to-end stuff like today i am not even sure we need Jorginho at all, cos we had not interest in changing the tempo of the game till we got the lead later in the 2nd half. We really need to add some tactical flexiblity, get better and defending with the ball, keeping the ball etc.  

the better team won in the end and fairly so, Norwich and Atkinson can fuck off, it must be said that the refering in this league is a joke, dont even get me started on VAR, nothing but a joke system, only used when its convenient, where is the consistency? FA is a joke

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Tbh i thought we did well against them all game, I've been critical of our defensive structure but today was more down to Norwich being clinical than our failings.

They scored the two, had 1 chance after Pukki's goal and hit the bar from that corner but beyond that they didn't really create anything.

Will have to disagree. Norwich is a very bad team and will just hand points to any decent side. They aren’t compact enough and players can easily find spaces behind their defense line very easily. Teams with good possession will just lock them down in their own half.

regarding their attack, despite zouma obvious shortcomings esp with the ball, it’s our midfield and attack that are not yet defending well enough to protect the defense. That’s why that Willian and giroud come to close down the game, even if on paper they play in the same positions of the players they replaced.

so, in a way this game wasn’t any better than he others, just  ugh weaker opposition. Don’t get me wrong, extremely important to win it, esp for the young players. Huge boost of confidence, esp Tammy. We need to be more compact and defend better or we will have a hard time with the better teams. Hope the win and the confidence help and we improve.

just to throw it out there, I guess I’m really not a fan of Emerson.

16 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Another fucking hair loss game, back line is a joke, pathetic in fact.

Scraped a win, two great finishes by Tammy but there is a huge problem for us at the back and we can't hide from it

It did make you nervous everytime they came forwards that for sure. Gone are the days of thinking ah be fine. More shitttt please get it away! 

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

better ones

Arse

Spuds

Manure

Wolves

possibly Everton IF Kean settles in

Norwich caused more danger to Liverpool than Arsenal did. Also United was strong only against us, but struggled vs Wolves and Palace. Spuds are strong indeed with plenty variety upfront, but looked very poor against city.

In what world exactly have Wolves and Everton better attack than Norwich though? Richarlison, Siggurdson, Jota and Jimenez have been incredibly poor so far.

Maybe you are pointing for the whole season, but I was clear when I said at this moment, not when this or that guy settles in. Or you are just throwing these teams because they have bigger star players than norwich. Everyone else is impressed how fluid canaries look in attack (super shit defence though). 

If we werent as inefficient, Id count Chelsea next to City, Pool and Norwich, then come spuds, arsenal and the rest of the league that hasnt been impressive at all yet.