• Pedro
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Mount (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Tomori (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

29 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

During the Women's World Cup they decided not to continue with VAR in the shootouts. Does anyone know if it was meant to be in action last night?

Horse shit is what it is, the rules still apply whether pens or not. Who in hell comes up with these ideas? You have rules, you enforce it at all times, instead they pick and choose when and for what.....screams unprofessionalism.

3 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

And did you guys see the Kante brothers out there? They were all over the place......they were 2 of them right?

Also he ran the game after being out how long?

First game back his energy never wavered, had Henderson in his pocket, can't wait to get Rudi, and the others back.

As a side point when RLC comes back who's going to play the 10 role?

39 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Also he ran the game after being out how long?

First game back his energy never wavered, had Henderson in his pocket, can't wait to get Rudi, and the others back.

As a side point when RLC comes back who's going to play the 10 role?

He is superhuman thats what he is man.....I like how utd fans are screaming why they didnt go for him and that we dont deserve him lol, we are only the most winning team in Eng for the past decade but ok utd fans.

YEah hope RLC is back asap along with Rudi. We have plenty options and thats awesome, Frank will do good with all that.

We lost, but sure as hell doesnt feel that way......and that midfield 3 utterly ran the game vs 3 super hard workers.

4 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

And btw FUCK FA......fucking horse shit they had 2 more days rest playing a shit team at home, bent fuckers helping their darling.....FUCK YOU FA.

The FA had nothing to do with the scheduling of the uefa Super Cup game, or with Liverpool's game against Norwich, or with our game at Old Trafford. But apart from that... 🙂

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

The FA had nothing to do with the scheduling of the uefa Super Cup game, or with Liverpool's game against Norwich, or with our game at Old Trafford. But apart from that... 🙂

Sure they did, they knew this game was taking place, yet exactly pool, our opponent, got to play 2 days before at home. Thats not coincidence....its not the first time either we have it this way. Other Leagues take these situations on hand make sure its even and fair. FA no so much.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

They did.

They did? I wasnt aware.....tastes even better now that we got him.

12 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Sure they did, they knew this game was taking place, yet exactly pool, our opponent, got to play 2 days before at home. Thats not coincidence....its not the first time either we have it this way. Other Leagues take these situations on hand make sure its even and fair. FA no so much.

Opinions are great, but before forming this one of yours you should take note of who schedules UEFA games, and who schedules Premier League games. The two organisations who create those fixtures do so without any reference to the FA whatsoever. It's all very well railing away against the FA but, to be absolutely clear, they had absolutely nothing to do with arranging these fixtures.

There is a hierarchy for the allocation fixture dates. First, dates are allocated to FIFA, then to the continental federations, then to domestic leagues, and finally to domestic cup competitions. Once the various organisations have been allocated the dates, they are free to schedule their fixtures on those dates as they see fit. UEFA tell the FA when the Super Cup game will be played, they don't ask them. The premier League tell the FA when Liverpool v Norwich and Man United v Chelsea will be played, they don't ask them.

The FA do not have the power to schedule UEFA games or Premier League games. Nor do they have the power to change the date or the time of a fixture once it has been set by uefa, in the case of the Super Cup, or by the Premier League's broadcast partners, in the case of Chelsea and Liverpool's fixtures last weekend. 

I thought it was a great game, brilliant on how we approached and played it out ...  Loved the way we played specially the first half, ultra pressing and Liverpool's plans went off. Obviously Liverpool altered their plan and went wide which slowed us (something to thing about). The result is surely disappointing but the difference from Sunday to Wednesday was very encouraging to how we gauge the manager. 

One thing is now certain that Frank's strategy is to press hard and focus is on what we do when we dont have the ball. It is going to demand high work rates from pretty much everyone, this was evident when Kante started and it made such a huge difference. However this is also going to be our Achilles heel this season because we dont have loads of players specially in the middle with high work rates atleast for now. The other real positive I thought was we could unlock Pedro for the first time, Frank's game suits his style (might have a Barca feel to it). Pulisic looked good and the strike which was ruled off side was superb. 

I know early days but I feel top 6 could be a sure thing this season ... Excited for the next game and we keep improving it is going to be hell of a ride:) 

P.S. That marking of Van Dijk by Kante on the corner should be how we approach our current season!!! Need to have balls to take on the big ones :)

10 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Opinions are great, but before forming this one of yours you should take note of who schedules UEFA games, and who schedules Premier League games. The two organisations who create those fixtures do so without any reference to the FA whatsoever. It's all very well railing away against the FA but, to be absolutely clear, they had absolutely nothing to do with arranging these fixtures.

There is a hierarchy for the allocation fixture dates. First, dates are allocated to FIFA, then to the continental federations, then to domestic leagues, and finally to domestic cup competitions. Once the various organisations have been allocated the dates, they are free to schedule their fixtures on those dates as they see fit. UEFA tell the FA when the Super Cup game will be played, they don't ask them. The premier League tell the FA when Liverpool v Norwich and Man United v Chelsea will be played, they don't ask them.

The FA do not have the power to schedule UEFA games or Premier League games. Nor do they have the power to change the date or the time of a fixture once it has been set by uefa, in the case of the Super Cup, or by the Premier League's broadcast partners, in the case of Chelsea and Liverpool's fixtures last weekend. 

Thanks for the info my man......but nonetheless surely those that do have a say can see this shit is unfair? Surely they would try to make it a fair contest no? Cuz we see it often in other Leagues. I know the FA etc dont have a say on UEFA matters, but their in-house systems can be re-arranged. I mean it doesnt hurt anybody if both teams play the same day.

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

I mean it doesnt hurt anybody if both teams play the same day.

Actually it would. Mainly the clubs themselves. Top clubs, if offered the chance to vote for your plan, and accept the consequences that go with it, would vote no. I know coaches and players moan about fixture scheduling, but you never hear a peep out of the real decision makers at the clubs. There's a reason for that.

The inconvenience clubs sometimes suffer with fixtures is because, within certain limits, broadcasters get to choose the games to show in primetime slots. Sky pay £9.22m per game to cover the Premier League, while BT pay £7.62m a pop. They want their pound of flesh for that money and the league gives it to them because they want the broadcaster's cash. The budgets of Premier League clubs revolve around TV money. They won't give it up, so we are where we are.

8 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

The inconvenience clubs sometimes suffer with fixtures is because, within certain limits, broadcasters get to choose the games to show in primetime slots.

But there's never any consideration given to the fans and how it might inconvenience us. Kick offs are getting later 4.30 on Sunday and the 7.45 on a Saturday night that's just wrong. Travelling south to north and vice versa on a Saturday night and getting home in the small hours on Sunday is frankly taking the piss. The worse I saw was a play off game a few years ago where Gillingham played at home to Morecambe or someone it was definitely a northern team in a play off game that kicked off at six on a Sunday evening.

42 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Actually it would. Mainly the clubs themselves. Top clubs, if offered the chance to vote for your plan, and accept the consequences that go with it, would vote no. I know coaches and players moan about fixture scheduling, but you never hear a peep out of the real decision makers at the clubs. There's a reason for that.

The inconvenience clubs sometimes suffer with fixtures is because, within certain limits, broadcasters get to choose the games to show in primetime slots. Sky pay £9.22m per game to cover the Premier League, while BT pay £7.62m a pop. They want their pound of flesh for that money and the league gives it to them because they want the broadcaster's cash. The budgets of Premier League clubs revolve around TV money. They won't give it up, so we are where we are.

They could easily make sure both of us play in the same day.......easily. Other Leagues do it. I get what your saying, but pool could have gamed sunday like us, of course they could. City as champions could have gamed Friday instead of pool. Its just too conveneint for certain teams........im glad Lamps mentioned it also several times. Its a cup final, both teams should get equal share.

On 14/08/2019 at 11:25 PM, Vesper said:

I care about every game, except preseason

especially Euro hardware

When I say "nobody really cares", I mean the media, opposition fans, etc., don't really give a shite. Of course I wanted us to win this.

2 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

They could easily make sure both of us play in the same day.......easily. Other Leagues do it. I get what your saying, but pool could have gamed sunday like us, of course they could. City as champions could have gamed Friday instead of pool. Its just too conveneint for certain teams........im glad Lamps mentioned it also several times. Its a cup final, both teams should get equal share.

I'll talk about the clubs playing their prior games at the same time, or perhaps at least on the same day, in a minute. First I'd just like to look at the swings and roundabouts resulting from what happened with the fixture differences last weekend.

Would Frank have taken it if you offered him the reverse situation; where we played Friday-Wednesday-Saturday away from home in the north of England? I don't know, perhaps he would. I do know that I wouldn't. I would much rather return to a home game on the Sunday, rather than to a long away trip on the Saturday, as Liverpool do. The Leicester game is way more important in my opinion and I think the Foxes will pose a much bigger challenge than we faced on Wednesday. Liverpool wanted to play and were pretty open. Short of us getting a couple of early goals Leicester are not going to give us anywhere near that kind of room. I expect us to find it much more difficult to get behind them, than it was against the Reds. Ok that's my little aside. Now to your point about Liverpool and Chelsea being scheduled to play at the same time ahead of Wednesday's game.

The situation with staggered fixtures is not new. Managers, players, and fans have been complaining about it for years. The Premier League, and remember the Premier League consists of its member clubs who make all of the decisions by voting. If the clubs wanted to stipulate the kind of fixture scheduling you are calling for, they would have done it a long time ago. The fact that they have not done it is evidence of 1) the difficulty being fair about it, and 2) the value the league places on maximising its TV income.

Perhaps on the first weekend of the season shifting fixtures around is less complex than it is at any other point in the season. It is normally very complex however. If a team competing in Europe wants to advance the fixture before, or delay the fixture afterwards, and when it suits them they want to try to do both, then there are other clubs involved in those decisions. What if, as is often the case, the other club does not want to change and considers any change as being against their interests? That's just one of many complications.

Even when the fixture list jigsaw would allow games to be moved, what about the TV companies? They want Liverpool for their prime time Friday night game and Manchester United for their key Sunday afternoon slot. If you are regularly going to tell them that they can't have the fixtures they want, when they want them, they are naturally going to want to reduce how much they are paying you. Premier League clubs have obviously considered that equation many times and have never decided to change the way they do things. The money is a priority and that would appear to be even more the case now that the last TV contract represented the first ever real terms reduction in what the clubs are being paid by the television companies.

The Premier League controls its fixtures and the 20 clubs control the Premier League. This matter is entirely in their own hands. If they wanted to change it could happen tomorrow. They clearly don't want to change and I think they have sound reasons. Clubs, or actually their coaching/playing staff, love to moan when the schedule appears to disadvantage them. In truth though it advantages them just as often. The worst example I remember was when Spurs played away in a far-flung part of Europe on a Thursday evening, and then away at Stamford Bridge on the Saturday lunchtime. It is swings and roundabouts. Even if we change the system there would still be losers and those losers, sometimes including Chelsea, would still be complaining.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'll talk about the clubs playing their prior games at the same time, or perhaps at least on the same day, in a minute. First I'd just like to look at the swings and roundabouts resulting from what happened with the fixture differences last weekend.

Would Frank have taken it if you offered him the reverse situation; where we played Friday-Wednesday-Saturday away from home in the north of England? I don't know, perhaps he would. I do know that I wouldn't. I would much rather return to a home game on the Sunday, rather than to a long away trip on the Saturday, as Liverpool do. The Leicester game is way more important in my opinion and I think the Foxes will pose a much bigger challenge than we faced on Wednesday. Liverpool wanted to play and were pretty open. Short of us getting a couple of early goals Leicester are not going to give us anywhere near that kind of room. I expect us to find it much more difficult to get behind them, than it was against the Reds. Ok that's my little aside. Now to your point about Liverpool and Chelsea being scheduled to play at the same time ahead of Wednesday's game.

The situation with staggered fixtures is not new. Managers, players, and fans have been complaining about it for years. The Premier League, and remember the Premier League consists of its member clubs who make all of the decisions by voting. If the clubs wanted to stipulate the kind of fixture scheduling you are calling for, they would have done it a long time ago. The fact that they have not done it is evidence of 1) the difficulty being fair about it, and 2) the value the league places on maximising its TV income.

Perhaps on the first weekend of the season shifting fixtures around is less complex than it is at any other point in the season. It is normally very complex however. If a team competing in Europe wants to advance the fixture before, or delay the fixture afterwards, and when it suits them they want to try to do both, then there are other clubs involved in those decisions. What if, as is often the case, the other club does not want to change and considers any change as being against their interests? That's just one of many complications.

Even when the fixture list jigsaw would allow games to be moved, what about the TV companies? They want Liverpool for their prime time Friday night game and Manchester United for their key Sunday afternoon slot. If you are regularly going to tell them that they can't have the fixtures they want, when they want them, they are naturally going to want to reduce how much they are paying you. Premier League clubs have obviously considered that equation many times and have never decided to change the way they do things. The money is a priority and that would appear to be even more the case now that the last TV contract represented the first ever real terms reduction in what the clubs are being paid by the television companies.

The Premier League controls its fixtures and the 20 clubs control the Premier League. This matter is entirely in their own hands. If they wanted to change it could happen tomorrow. They clearly don't want to change and I think they have sound reasons. Clubs, or actually their coaching/playing staff, love to moan when the schedule appears to disadvantage them. In truth though it advantages them just as often. The worst example I remember was when Spurs played away in a far-flung part of Europe on a Thursday evening, and then away at Stamford Bridge on the Saturday lunchtime. It is swings and roundabouts. Even if we change the system there would still be losers and those losers, sometimes including Chelsea, would still be complaining.

Then I can only say good on other Leagues for taking care of their own in such situations. But pool still got 2 days more rest while we gamed utd in a hight flying game, that can easily result in a team running out of steam and thus not comin home with a throphy......they still got their 2 days rest at a crucial moment. Again good on Lamps to voice his opinion on this, you can sure as hell bet Klopp would have mentioned it too if it was the other way around. But thanks for the info, good stuff.