• Pedro
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Mount (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Tomori (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

2 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Fuck Liverpool and VAR. VAR is such bollocks if like me tonight you're in the pub you're cheering a goal and next second your deflated if it's offside raise the fucking flag straight away don't let the game carry on. VAR was brought in simply so some fucking Malaysian business man is pissed off that his gambling syndicate is losing money while some poor fucker who's paid thousands of pounds to watch his team play has no idea what's going on.

VAR will ruin football mark my words you saw it on Saturday in the City- Pikies game and things will only get worse.

Agree it's a right passion killer, like Nora Battys bloomers.

Clippety running on like a maniac at the end shows he knows how lucky they were tonight. Really good performance I felt and bedding in nicely for the future.

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Considering one is a CF, who scored 25 goals last season including penalties and the other is a fullback, I dont see the issue with him putting Tammy up there at all before the captain. If he put Azpi up and he missed then he would get crucified. Fullbacks traditionally arent very good at penalties. Or ahead of strikers in penalty shoot out line ups, although he went with Emerson ahead of him but I would of been intrigued to see who would have taken the 6th.

Apart from the penalty miss against Frankfurt last season, Azpi has always been clinical from the spot for us. Was a tad curious why he wasn't one of the first five takers.

Just now, Jason said:

Apart from the penalty miss against Frankfurt last season, Azpi has always been clinical from the spot for us. Was a tad curious why he wasn't one of the first five takers.

True again, maybe ahead of Emerson but would of expected Jorginho, Barkley, Mount, Tammy to be ahead of Azpi in the first 5 due to them having been regular penalty takers/very good from a dead ball. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

hindsight is 20/20

if Tammy wants to be a baller, he needs to step up and put the ball into the net as often as possible

I cut him no slack

only thing I would have done differently is let him go 2nd

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

I probably hat this so much beause I am German. We have been to 8 world cup finals, more than any other country, only winning 4 of them but being the worse side in all of them as well.

PK's are a German's best friend, lololol

A couple of other very pleasing aspects were the reactions to conceding the goals. 

For a few minutes after Liverpool's first we looked like we had lost our shape and it seemed to be a bit of a panic but we quickly composed ourselves and whilst we weren't as effective in the second half, we prevented Liverpool from dominating us thereafter.

The reaction to the second goal too was promising. It would have been easy for our heads to drop, especially with some of the younger, less experienced lads on the pitch by then but we dug in and got a thoroughly deserved equaliser.

Why isn’t Batshuayi playing? I want an actual explanation. 
I go off defending Tammy after the United performance and this is how he repays me. Missing a sitter and a shit penalty. 
Giroud for Sunday 
The club don't want him to get injured prior to a move. Only logical explanation at this point.

31 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Fuck Liverpool and VAR. VAR is such bollocks if like me tonight you're in the pub you're cheering a goal and next second your deflated if it's offside raise the fucking flag straight away don't let the game carry on. VAR was brought in simply  to appease some fucking Malaysian business men who are pissed off that their gambling syndicate is losing money while some poor fucker who's paid thousands of pounds to watch his team play has no idea what's going on.

VAR will ruin football mark my words you saw it on Saturday in the City- Pikies game and things will only get worse.

that is not VAR Iggy

that's the linesman keeping the flag down until the play is completed

I watch a tonne of other leagues so I am used to it

fml, just fuck off you lucky scousers, thats all i have to say. Chelsea deserved this no doubt, very good performance and response from the team after the loss to United, but VAR (absolute joke) and missed chances screwed us over, so typical of our luck. Absolutely gutted for the lads, Pool can fuck off.