Bohemians 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

Yeah, makes sense to take a good look at Michy and Bakayoko. Don't see a place for DD. Guess maybe you could slot him into Jorginho's position for cup matches or something but even then we have Kova who can do that.
Drinkwater will remain the strangest signing we've ever made. Just sort of disappeared into a black hole after coming here. The very definition of a club signing rather than a manager signing.

The price was the most alarming thing. Papy or Hector (who we still own) were more strange to me.

10 hours ago, Pizy said:

Did the club give Piazon a lifetime contract?! Feels like he's been on our books for about 15 years! 😂

Also surprised to see Lewis Baker still on our books. Thought he left ages ago.

Must be so awkward training with Chelsea every summer knowing you have zero chance of making the squad.

Agreed. I feel for those lads and the situation they find themselves in. Identifying the right club for a permanent move is clearly proving difficult. Fingers crossed for them that they manage to get something worked out this summer.

12 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

atm the only tv channel showing both games is Chelsea tv, and i'm adverse to taking out a sub out for just 2 games then cancelling.

Will Vesper come to my aid with a link?:D

EDIT

Sorry my wrong info, just discovered that Sky no longer have Chelsea tv:middlefinger:

It is now online and free.

12 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

atm the only tv channel showing both games is Chelsea tv, and i'm adverse to taking out a sub out for just 2 games then cancelling.

Will Vesper come to my aid with a link?:D

EDIT

Sorry my wrong info, just discovered that Sky no longer have Chelsea tv:middlefinger:

I will post links on game day Wednesday:)

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/07/08/chelsea-s-pre-season-squad-boosted-with-additional-players

Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Alonso, Kepa, Barkley, Giroud, Christensen, Luiz, Emerson, Abraham, Mount, Izzy Brown all joined up with the squad today.

That leaves only Pulisic and Willian who aren't with the squad yet.

Player whose situation i'm most interested in? Mason Mount. Lot of competition in those midfield spots now. Can he beat out Barkley and Kova (and eventually RLC) for that 3rd spot?

Wonder where Lamps sees him in the pecking order. Think he's proven that he's too good to rot on the bench like previous managers would've done. At the same time it would be a shame to loan him out again.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/07/08/chelsea-s-pre-season-squad-boosted-with-additional-players Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Alonso, Kepa, Barkley, Giroud, Christensen, Luiz, Emerson, Abraham, Mount, Izzy Brown all joined up with the squad today.

That leaves only Pulisic and Willian who aren't with the squad yet.

How could you forget Baba, Miazga & Omeruo? [emoji849] 

8 hours ago, LAM09 said:

How could you forget Baba, Miazga & Omeruo? emoji849.png 

1. Was only focusing on the first team players.

2. God knows what will happen with Baba and Miazga. Both could be heading straight out on loan again or sold.

3. Omeruo already made it clear it's time for him leave - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/05/chelsea-kenneth-omeruo-nigeria-afcon-2019-interview

1. Was only focusing on the first team players.
2. God knows what will happen with Baba and Miazga. Both could be heading straight out on loan again or sold.
3. Omeruo already made it clear it's time for him leave - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/05/chelsea-kenneth-omeruo-nigeria-afcon-2019-interview
Izzy & Piazon being part of the squad gives hope to all.

However, a number of players really shouldn't even be part of preseason tbh.

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Izzy & Piazon being part of the squad gives hope to all.

However, a number of players really shouldn't even be part of preseason tbh.

They are likely there just to make some numbers. Most of them wouldn't travel with the squad when they head to Japan next week. 

Have squad numbers been officially assigned/claimed yet? Some pretty good ones available (9,10). I mean, we play tomorrow so I would assume so?

Figured the club would've made a big deal about them if so. Especially the potential "passing of the torch" of Hazard's  #10 to CHO.

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Have squad numbers been officially assigned/claimed yet? Some pretty good ones available (9,10). I mean, we play tomorrow so I would assume so?

Figured the club would've made a big deal about them if so. Especially the potential "passing of the torch" of Hazard's  #10 to CHO.

Pretty sure the numbers only get finalized closer to the start of the season. 

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

How can you see that? It says some games are available globally. I presumed that means available to pay and view anywhere in the world, not free.