• Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Giroud
    • Willian (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)

45 minutes ago, the wes said:

UEFA ‘looking into’ claims local officials opened gates to fill Baku stadium
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/uefa-looking-claims-local-officials-opened-gates-fill-baku-stadium#gFxoLF3MmxRU6yLs.99

UEFA fault for sending a European final over there. 

11 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

No way! I hate them thar scouse cunts with a vengence, avatar tells ya...lol

So it's got to be Spuds for me, either that or they both lose:D

There's no doubt that Liverpool are the second last team I'd like to see win anything, but second last is better than dead last. In this case way, way better. For me any way.

30 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

There's no doubt that Liverpool are the second last team I'd like to see win anything, but second last is better than dead last. In this case way, way better. For me any way.

Liverpool have already won it enough times that one more win isn't going to make an awful lot of difference - all rival supporters have become used to blocking the bollocks they spout out.

Spurs winning it will be the mother of all disasters.

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

UEFA fault for sending a European final over there. 

I fully support uefa's egalitarian approach, we all do. Every member of the federation is entitled to equal treatment and their day in the sun. It was therefore right to consider Baku in theory. Maybe uefa need to add a logistics requirement when stadiums bid to host showpiece occasions. Local organisers should need to show that affordable arrangements have been made with transport and accommodation companies to cover all eventualities. Then a big final should definitely return to Baku when their turn comes around again.

4 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Liverpool have already won it enough times that one more win isn't going to make an awful lot of difference - all rival supporters have become used to blocking the bollocks they spout out.

From the reports and stories in the media you'd thought they'd already won it!

Spurs hardly a mention. They just happen to be there

Authorities in Baku ordered the turnstiles to be opened to the public during the first half of the Europa League final between Arsenal and Chelsea because they were embarrassed by the thousands of empty seats. (Times - subscription required)

13 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Absolutely. It's my mates birthday today and we're all having a drink in the afternoon leaving before the game starts. Will never hear the end of this if Spurs win Liverpool I don't know any of their fans and yes it will be annoying but seeing London full of people wearing Spurs tops throughout the Summer and going into work or the pub and facing Spurs fans will be a fucking nightmare.

On 31/05/2019 at 0:17 PM, Special Juan said:

Please stop telling people to fuck off, not needed.

You make it sound like i'm always telling ppl to fuck off, I don't!!!! in all the years i've been a member, he's the first member i've ever told to F off.

Unless you include some players, some managers, and always the board, then yes i'm guilty.

47 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

You make it sound like i'm always telling ppl to fuck off, I don't!!!! in all the years i've been a member, he's the first member i've ever told to F off.

Unless you include some players, some managers, and always the board, then yes i'm guilty.

Personal insults to other members won't be tolerated, whether you have done it once or 100 times, just don't please.

One thing I'm not sure whether it has been brought up yet or not is how important this win was for continuing to breed a winning culture at the club.

Those experiences are so important. Just look at some of the players that stepped up in a big way - Luiz, Azpi, Kante, Hazard, Pedro. They know how to win and get over the line and that experience and confidence helps instil in the rest of the team. Arsenal fell apart in the second half and that lack of experience and character running through their squad is a big reason for that.

It's a shame that Liverpool and Spurs are contesting the final, not just because I hate both teams to the core, but because one group of players will experience their first major trophy together and could potentially help them kick on and win more. 

37 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

One thing I'm not sure whether it has been brought up yet or not is how important this win was for continuing to breed a winning culture at the club.

Those experiences are so important. Just look at some of the players that stepped up in a big way - Luiz, Azpi, Kante, Hazard, Pedro. They know how to win and get over the line and that experience and confidence helps instil in the rest of the team. Arsenal fell apart in the second half and that lack of experience and character running through their squad is a big reason for that.

It's a shame that Liverpool and Spurs are contesting the final, not just because I hate both teams to the core, but because one group of players will experience their first major trophy together and could potentially help them kick on and win more. 

We have the best win percentage in Euro cup finals of any team who has played in 3 or more in the post WWII period. If not for Moscow (sob), we would be undefeated. The only other major final loss we have (and the only major trophy we lack) was when we lost in December 2012 to bloody Corinthians nil 1 in the FIFA World Club Cup Final, that fucking Paolo Guerrero goal in the 69th minute. We missed so so many chances in that game, they scored on their only shot on target grrrr  Cahill got a late Red card too. That was Hazard's 2nd Cup final with us too, even though he had only been with us for 4 and half months (we lost 2 3 to Shitty in the CS in August too).

The lineups for that Dec 2012 WCC final

Corinthians vs Chelsea 2012-12-16.svg

SOMEDAY we have to win that!!!!!! Gaping hole in the trophy case.

Still 30 major trophies now, which is not bad for a club with no history, roflamooooooo