• Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Giroud
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

what i hate most is that the german media which has been hyping eintracht all year is now actinga s if that was some heroic performance from them and how they fought for a good result. the fuck. 1-1 at home is a shit result and they mus tknow it. would have preferred to shut them all up by taking our chances. but i think the best is to know that we can unlock their defence at will even if they put 11 men behind the ball. we just need to be wary of Rebic when he comes back. Haller is doubtful so i do not think he will be risked, probably a late sub appearance from him as he just had an adbominal tear. but we need to finish the job nice and early. 

Has RLC completed a single match yet? He might need another season to fix this problem.

He completed one semi recently when a couple people got injured. I don't remember the game but I remember thinking that he would have come off if subs weren't forced.

Definitely needs to work on being able to play 90 though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Missed the 2nd half as fell asleep. Don't feel I missed much.. Still least got a away goal. Unfortunately way we looked at the back they can easily get one next week. 

Arsenal.. Pretty much through. Valencia have to get 3 or 4 goals and probably won't. So much for them having the harder run. 

Oh well.. All to do

Was worried about this one to be fair, but I think I've overestimated Frankfurt too much (and my confidence in this Chelsea squad has taken a big downfall this season). They are a mid table German club and we're still a European powerhouse, although we do not have the personnel to show for it. Guess the big club mentality showed for last night and should have easily put this tie to bed. I have no worries about the 2nd leg tho. 

Loved Ruben's display and Giroud's link up play, but frankly this squad needs MASSIVE upgrade if we are to make the UCL next season. 

33 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Still can't get my head around Jovic scoring from that distance, with a low stooping header where he had to generate the power and it still went in.

Kepa at fault for me.

it was a great header by Jovic, placement and power, very difficult to defend that, but i think Cech or Courtois would have reached that one, Kepa is shorter so i will give him the benefit of the doubt.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

Cech or Courtois would have reached that, Kepa is shorter remember that

This is not really about being short though, it's about how he managed to score from 13-14 yards out, have to arch his neck to create power and also head it back over more or less.

He should never ever be beaten by that header from that distance.

8 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Nobody in that back 4 under AVB looked comfortable and for good reason they were so exposed, extremely disjointed with huge spaces in behind. Dont even think prime Terry would have looked good in that defence and he could virtually have played with anybody when he was at his best. Luiz was a fucking bomb scare though under AVB.

Prime Terry would struggle less considering he wouldn't turn like a tank compared to Old Terry.

6 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

This is not really about being short though, it's about how he managed to score from 13-14 yards out, have to arch his neck to create power and also head it back over more or less.

ya, but from a goalkeeper's perspective it does really make a difference if you're a bit taller thats why i used that example, also remember Sturridge equalizer at the Bridge earlier this season? same shit, ya maybe he could have done better for Jovic goal, but its not as easy as it looks.

RLC has really stepped it up this last month, he looked immense last night. Has to be the main selection for midfield next season without doubt.

Willian is driving me mad, his lack of care and not just his care but his choices in a game are absolute shite. He has to be sold ASAP.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

ya, but from a goalkeeper's perspective it does really make a difference if you're a bit taller thats why i used that example, also remember Sturridge equalizer at the Bridge earlier this season? same shit, ya maybe he could have done better for Jovic goal, but its not as easy as it looks.

His position is also awful, he is far too far to his right hand side, which leads to my next point, I don't think he thinks he can beaten by that header based on the flatness of the cross and what Jovic has to do to score.

11 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

Might argue that the header bouncing off the ground did him in but I would say Kepa needs to work out on his feet. He seems to have a tendency to jump a little before diving to make saves. Could have prevented some of the long range goals were it not for those split-second jumps.

Also, why was Jovic given all that time and space? Luiz could see him all the way in the buildup but didn't get close enough to put pressure on him. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Might argue that the header bouncing off the ground did him in but I would say Kepa needs to work out on his feet. He seems to have a tendency to jump a little before diving to make saves. Could have prevented some of the long range goals were it not for those split-second jumps.

Also, why was Jovic given all that time and space? Luiz could see him all the way in the buildup but didn't get close enough to put pressure on him. 

He wouldn't of been beaten by the header if his positioning was right, it wasn't.

Don't get me started on Luiz, hes terrible.

Just now, Special Juan said:

His position is also awful, he is far too far to his right hand side, which leads to my next point, I don't think he thinks he can beaten by that header based on the flatness of the cross and what Jovic has to do to score.

i admit his positioning could be better at times, but i think he had a decent enough game and Frankfurt  is a difficult opponent at home, at the end of the day we got that away goal and maybe should have got another, its a decent result.

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

i admit his positioning could be better at times, but i think he had a decent enough game and Frankfurt  is a difficult opponent at home, at the end of the day we got that away goal and maybe should have got another, its a decent result.

It is a decent result, the most disappointing thing for me was the fact we dominated the second half and once again our cutting edge is missing.

It is a decent result, the most disappointing thing for me was the fact we dominated the second half and once again our cutting edge is missing.

story of our season, failing to put those chances away and killing games :( 

He wouldn't of been beaten by the header if his positioning was right, it wasn't.

Don't get me started on Luiz, hes terrible.

It's all about having quick feet and moving across, IMO. Jovic could have easily head the goal to his right and had Kepa stood a tad more to his left, we would be sitting here wondering why he's there.