• Willian (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

What an incredible team. 11 players and each one of them could have easily worn the captains armband (and most of them did either for Chelsea or for their national team). There are hardly any players worthy of captains armband in the current squad....

As brilliant as United were during that time as well, I am still convinced that manager instability is what led that Chelsea team do be under their thumb those three consecutive league titles United won. 

We had great players, but at times there was no cohesion whatsoever. 

12 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

What an incredible team. 11 players and each one of them could have easily worn the captains armband (and most of them did either for Chelsea or for their national team). There are hardly any players worthy of captains armband in the current squad....

Exactly! Plus Ivanovic is missing another big character. All likable guys. Now when I think about it I had a problem to pick my favorite player from this team. I like Kepa, Odoi, Kante, Eden before this season and that's about it.

I feel the problem is that the players don't like change... they want to be playing in the system and position that they are comfortable.

Sarri has a system that works for him,players are used to a system that they have been in.

Sarri needs more time. No manager can just come and start winning seasons after seasons. look at liverpool, where they were in their first season when Klopp took over. It takes time.

This generation is so much about instant gratification that they seek that everywhere - Dangerous

17 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Exactly! Plus Ivanovic is missing another big character. All likable guys. Now when I think about it I had a problem to pick my favorite player from this team. I like Kepa, Odoi, Kante, Eden before this season and that's about it.

Exactly this. I don't like any of our players enough to pick them as my favourite. That's why I wrote Drinkwater.

50 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Too soon for Sarri out. We are similar in terms of results to City in Pep first season. (they lost 4:0 to Everton also).

After all Sarri himself said goal for this season is TOP4 and to win something.

We are one game away from trophy, plus biggest favorites to win EL (by bookmakers), we can win FA CUP as well...

About TOP4... It's going to be difficult but lets win on Saturday and Utd and Arsenal will most likely lose points this weekend and everything is better immediately.

People here want drastic changes but I don't think we have squad to change a lot.

Too soon for Sarri Out? Nah man. The later we sack him, the more damage is done to our club and our chances of top 4 and winning cups will be damaged, if he isn't sacked in time. 

Just look at United, they sacked Mourinho, now they are making progress and are likely to make top 4. Could you imagine if they hadn't sacked Mourinho? They would've probably be on the same level as Wolves, Watford, Everton in the league. In fact, United sacked Mourinho much later than they should have. Had they sacked Mourinho near the beginning, United would've been top 3 comfortably. 

Sarri has never won anything in his life and has only 3 years of experience at the top level. What makes anyone think he can win us all these cups? If we get another manager in, our chances drastically increase.

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Having a midfield three of Kovacic, Kante, and Jorginho is redundant. 

Not an ounce of creativity from them. It's no wonder we can't create chances. 

Comments before season were that we have best midfield in PL in those three.

1 minute ago, kobematabryant said:

Too soon for Sarri Out? Nah man. The later we sack him, the more damage is done to our club and our chances of top 4 and winning cups will be damaged, if he isn't sacked in time. 

Just look at United, they sacked Mourinho, now they are making progress and are likely to make top 4. Could you imagine if they hadn't sacked Mourinho? They would've probably be on the same level as Wolves, Watford, Everton in the league. In fact, United sacked Mourinho much later than they should have. Had they sacked Mourinho near the beginning, United would've been top 3 comfortably. 

Sarri has never won anything in his life and has only 3 years of experience at the top level. What makes anyone think he can win us all these cups? If we get another manager in, our chances drastically increase.

They sacked him in THIRD season, lol. What was Mourinho like in first season? Like Sarri here. They dealt with it. And after that they had great second season, only out-of-this-world City stopped them from winning the league.

2 minutes ago, El P. said:

They sacked him in THIRD season, lol. What was Mourinho like in first season? Like Sarri here. They dealt with it. And after that they had great second season, only out-of-this-world City stopped them from winning the league.

You can throw me all these examples of managers like Mourinho, Klopp or Pep being given time, but all these 3 managers have a big thing in common. They are successful and win trophies, and plus they are young. They are all proven at the highest level. 

Sarri, on the other hand, is a very old manager, stubborn, has never won anything in his long life, managed only 3 years of top level football prior. He has no plan B in any of the games. His system is flawed and looking like it is ineffective in English football. He is playing our best 2 players in the team, out of position, on a regular basis, despite no benefit. He has already criticised the players in his 1st season and looks like the players aren't motivated anymore to play under him. Sarri even publicly said he can't motivate these players, Now having said all this, does this sound like a manager that can bounce back and be successful here? 

I sometimes wonder what our board were thinking when they hired Sarri. A 60 year old, with ONLY 3 years of experience at the top level and never won trophies. This is just like the Scolari appointment all over again. It was clear as day that we needed rebuilding after Conte, so we needed a YOUNG experienced manager to take over from us, like Klopp, Pep, Emery, etc.  

13 minutes ago, kobematabryant said:

You can throw me all these examples of managers like Mourinho, Klopp or Pep being given time, but all these 3 managers have a big thing in common. They are successful and win trophies, and plus they are young. They are all proven at the highest level. 

Sarri, on the other hand, is a very old manager, stubborn, has never won anything in his long life, managed only 3 years of top level football prior. He has no plan B in any of the games. His system is flawed and looking like it is ineffective in English football. He is playing our best 2 players in the team, out of position, on a regular basis, despite no benefit. He has already criticised the players in his 1st season and looks like the players aren't motivated anymore to play under him. Sarri even publicly said he can't motivate these players, Now having said all this, does this sound like a manager that can bounce back and be successful here? 

I sometimes wonder what our board were thinking when they hired Sarri. A 60 year old, with ONLY 3 years of experience at the top level and never won trophies. This is just like the Scolari appointment all over again. It was clear as day that we needed rebuilding after Conte, so we needed a YOUNG experienced manager to take over from us, like Klopp, Pep, Emery, etc.  

So what if we were firing on all cylinders?

Would Sarri still have been the wrong man given his age? 

50 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Comments before season were that we have best midfield in PL in those three.

I said from beginning I had huge doubts about Kante in new role. Let off the complaints a little a couple months in. Now I am convinced I was right in my first stance.

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Kepa for sure. 

I honestly don't see anything special about him. His distribution is good, however he looks bang average aside that. 

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I said from beginning I had huge doubts about Kante in new role. Let off the complaints a little a couple months in. Now I am convinced I was right in my first stance.

Replace our RW with a more creative player as well as LCM, having Kante in the team shouldn't be a problem. 

It is just that we have too many players who lack creativity in the team.