• Hazard
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not looked forward to going to a match as much as this for ages. I can't tell you how much I dislike both clubs but I've always loved going to drab,cold,north London.

It does stick in my throat saying this but theres no doubting its going to be a bloody hard game to win specially with our walking wounded and wonky donkys. But the lads are just going to have to dig deep and find some pride about wearing Chelsea Blue. They have to sort out that fire and intensity we need them to have. Or sod em. Get rid of their arses!

I can see a Willian Eden RLC front 3 myself.

f4eebaaab8821013925d03dd221cb915.gif

25d982185d1172a2f61f960b3db4fc83.gif

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I've not looked forward to going to a match as much as this for ages. I can't tell you how much I dislike both clubs but I've always loved going to drab,cold,north London.

It does stick in my throat saying this but theres no doubting its going to be a bloody hard game to win specially with our walking wounded and wonky donkys. But the lads are just going to have to dig deep and find some pride about wearing Chelsea Blue. They have to sort out that fire and intensity we need them to have. Or sod em. Get rid of their arses!

I can see a Willian Eden RLC front 3 myself.

f4eebaaab8821013925d03dd221cb915.gif

25d982185d1172a2f61f960b3db4fc83.gif

Would double like that if possible !

Injury list piling up and fatigue clearly showing in several of our key players. Is treating this like a massively important PL match truly wise? I'm not so sure. We always want to beat this lot but I'd honestly rather we have a rotated side similar to the one we just played against Forrest. Let Jorginho, Hazard, etc be as fresh as possible for the next PL match.

Unfortunately, I think Sarri will play our strongest XI. Also probably means Willian straight back in for CHO.

Spurs fans told to keep quiet on the ‘Y-front’ ahead of Chelsea semi-final clash

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2019/01/07/spurs-fans-told-keep-quiet-y-front-ahead-chelsea-semi-final-clash/

January 7 – The World Jewish Congress and the Board of Deputies of British Jews have condemned the use of the word ‘Yid’ to describe Tottenham Hotspur supporters, a club whose own fans historically use the word but as a badge of honour.

Chelsea fans have tarnished their club in recent weeks with persistent anti-Semitic chants against their London rivals who have a large Jewish fan base.

But the two Jewish bodies said that even Tottenham fans should take “a long overdue” stand against the use of the word.

In a strongly-worded statement ahead of tomorrow’s Tuesday’s League Cup semi-final between Tottenham and Chelsea, the two organisations said the word, which stands for Jew in its original Yiddish, now carries a “distinctly pejorative and anti-Semitic” message.

“There is no grey area when it comes to slurs that target a particular religious, racial, or ethnic group,” said WJC chief executive Robert Singer. “Its use by fans in the stands, either as a self-designated nickname or as a slogan against rivals must not be tolerated in any way. The innocence this word once carried, as a simple translation for Jew, has long disappeared, and we must be extremely conscious of the anti-Semitic connotation it now bears.”

snip

11 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Kepa

Azpilicueta Rudiger Luiz Emerson

Jorginho

Kante                Kovacic

CHO                                     Hazard

Morata

I would like to see AC get a start here, he has played in every league cup to this point, he is one of the players that got you here in this competition. Let him play. 

14 hours ago, Vesper said:

Spurs fans told to keep quiet on the ‘Y-front’ ahead of Chelsea semi-final clash

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2019/01/07/spurs-fans-told-keep-quiet-y-front-ahead-chelsea-semi-final-clash/

January 7 – The World Jewish Congress and the Board of Deputies of British Jews have condemned the use of the word ‘Yid’ to describe Tottenham Hotspur supporters, a club whose own fans historically use the word but as a badge of honour.

Chelsea fans have tarnished their club in recent weeks with persistent anti-Semitic chants against their London rivals who have a large Jewish fan base.

But the two Jewish bodies said that even Tottenham fans should take “a long overdue” stand against the use of the word.

In a strongly-worded statement ahead of tomorrow’s Tuesday’s League Cup semi-final between Tottenham and Chelsea, the two organisations said the word, which stands for Jew in its original Yiddish, now carries a “distinctly pejorative and anti-Semitic” message.

“There is no grey area when it comes to slurs that target a particular religious, racial, or ethnic group,” said WJC chief executive Robert Singer. “Its use by fans in the stands, either as a self-designated nickname or as a slogan against rivals must not be tolerated in any way. The innocence this word once carried, as a simple translation for Jew, has long disappeared, and we must be extremely conscious of the anti-Semitic connotation it now bears.”

snip

'Proud Yiddo' says otherwise

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/01/07/may-the-yid-army-march-on-forever/

10 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Anyone  who knows me knows how I feel towards racists but this is how the world has gone PC bonkers!! Ridiculous. f651063962e197a5ccc70b19a0acec94.gif

6 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

5 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Anyone  who knows me knows how I feel towards racists but this is how the world has gone PC bonkers!! Ridiculous. f651063962e197a5ccc70b19a0acec94.gif

This is an old thing now surely. Everyone knows black people can claim the n word and proudly call themselves nigger, but non-blacks cannot. Do Jewish people want to claim the y word in the same way? I don't know but it can be argued that its use as a term of abuse aimed at them, gives Spurs fans the right to claim the word if they want to. That's a conversation to be had between non-Jewish Spurs fans, and Jewish people. What's not up for debate is the fact that sensible, decent, rational, people are not going to use that word as a term of abuse.

As I said in another thread, I'm totally fed up with Chelsea fans who think that abuse constitutes good support. They are wrong in every way possible.