• Kante
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Morata
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)

1 hour ago, jernej93 said:

With Hazard out we will need some extra creativity from our midfield so I would try and start without Kante and with Barkley/RLC - Kovacic midfield duo infront of Jorginho :) 

With Sarri so often stressing that we need to improve defensively, I'm pretty sure for the time being he won't drop Kante in any remotely important game until he feels confident with our collective defending. Without Hazard we'll probably struggle anyway.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, manpe said:

With Sarri so often stressing that we need to improve defensively, I'm pretty sure for the time being he won't drop Kante in any remotely important game until he feels confident with our collective defending. Without Hazard we'll probably struggle anyway.

With no Hazard and both our strikers being absolute tosh (in terms of goals scored) I would LOVE to see Sarri just go berserk and play pinball footie versus a slow as fuck Burnley

CHO  (LW)                                                        RLC (striker, NOT joking)                                                               Pedro ( RW)

Kovacic (CMF/AMF/Box 2 Box hybrid)                                                                            Barkely (AMF/CMF, more emphasis on forward play)

Jorginho (Regista)  

Kante  DMF Destroyer (first mission after smash n grab is to pass off to Jorginho)

LCB  Rudiger                                                                        CCB  Luiz                                                                                       RCB Azpi

GK Kepa

one thing is certain today, Burnley players will be instructed to be very physical and kick us off the park, story of our season so far, i hate these thug teams, we will need to make the most of our chances because they will be sitting back most of the game and closing spaces, playing down the middle too often might not be so effective, thats where Giroud comes in handy when we play crosses and long balls if needed and our full backs need to help us in this, i would really like to see Emerson play today

Shit. Not confident at all with this XI. Our attack looks so blunt. 

And in a match where we were likely to completely boss possession I would've thought Kovacic made more sense than Ross because he's much better at keeping it and controlling it.

Hoping for the best but ready to watch yet another physical side bully Morata for 70 minutes until he's taken off to his usual sulky reaction.

Shit. Not confident at all with this XI. Our attack looks so blunt.  And in a match where we were likely to completely boss possession I would've thought Kovacic made more sense than Ross because he's much better at keeping it and controlling it.

Hoping for the best but ready to watch yet another physical side bully Morata for 70 minutes until he's taken off to his usual sulky reaction.

Definitely not confident either. It's crazy how poor our attack looks without hazard in it. 

Regarding kova/Barkley, part of me agrees with what you're saying. But also, we are going to boss and control the game with either kova or Barkley, that won't change. And Barkley is more likely to score so he partially makes more sense. Especially with hazard out, we need someone who can score. Ross was always likely to start after kovacic started at midweek too.

18 minutes ago, the wes said:

Morata is a grass hugger 

And Alonso is the leader , at least they are wearing the right colour today . And it’s all yellow for the Blues today! 

Hopefully Kepa and our defenders are well prepared for the aerial assault from Burnley. That's likely to be their game plan. Long balls and set pieces that try to expose what is our biggest weakness.

I think people have underestimated how we have performed without Hazard. We were comfortable against Huddersfield and were 2-0 up before Hazard entered the fray. Pedro and both Willian started that game. We played Arsenal the week after with Hazard a sub and we played some of the best football you are going to see. We went 2-0 up and our attacking play was excellent. We obviously had luxury of bring Hazard from bench, but we were hammering them without him. Our defence lost concentration which got them back in the game. Can see why people aren't confident but we can win without Hazard.

Not confident at all with this lineup, lets hope Sarri doesnt take tooooo long to make subs if things arent going our way. Anyway goodluck lads and try to stay in one piece today, the butchers of Turf Moor are hungry. Cheers

2 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

Not confident at all with this lineup, lets hope Sarri doesnt take tooooo long to make subs if things arent going our way. Anyway goodluck lads and try to stay in one piece today, the butchers of Turf Moor are hungry. Cheers

U never know Morata mite shock the world and scored a hat trick today 🤐🤐wishful thinking 😆😆😆