• Giroud
    • Morata (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Moses (sub)

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Win this and we can probably eliminate the need to worry about United as a top 4 rival. I figured they'd be our biggest threat to a CL place this season but if we can go 9 points ahead of them already I can't see us letting that slip.

I haven't wanted to win a match this badly in a loooong time. 

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

My guess is that Klopp will have one of Keita, Wijnaldum, or Milner pressing and man-marking Jorginho all game long in order to disrupt our entire way of playing. Hopefully he can cope. They'll also have their fullbacks and midfielders doubling up on Hazard of course.

We have to also be prepared for their usual blitz in the first 15 minutes. 

Possibly Firmino tracking back to man-mark Jorginho as well.  Will need Luiz and Rudiger to be good on the ball.  We'll see.  Should be evident straight away.

4 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Possibly Firmino tracking back to man-mark Jorginho as well.  Will need Luiz and Rudiger to be good on the ball.  We'll see.  Should be evident straight away.

Yeah, Luiz is the biggest worry in this game. That front 3 is terrible to deal with for even quick, mobile CB's. Good as David is on the ball given time, getting caught out of position and having to scramble to recover will be suicidal against this team.

We basically need to play our best in every area of the pitch to beat Liverpool here. In my opinion the scariest side to go against in the league at the moment. 

What worries me the most is Pedro's absence. So far this season, the substitution of a fresh winger coming in (Pedro,Willian,Hazard) proved to be very successful. I fear the lack of a quality attacking player coming on from the bench might be an issue if we're trying to change the course of the game. For that reason alone, I wish Hudson-Odoi was on the list.