• Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Hazard
    • Willian
    • Giroud
    • Morata (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Moses (sub)

I think the biggest danger is the pace of Mane and Salah on the counter. We should not go about this as offensive as we do against the small teams and phase our pressing and all-out attacking periods to remain unpredictable. Still we should try to have more posession and tire them out a bit, we know they don't like it. But I expect them to perfectly organized like they were vs City in the CL. I think set pieces will be absolutely crucial again as defending those is one of their major weaknesses with the lack of height they got everywhere outside the CB positions and alisson is not that much of box commander either. 

However just dominating their midfield will not ben enough, even though IMO we are vastly superior there. even if we cut off the supply to their deadly front 3 they will always get supply from the flanks and loose balls which they will latch upon thus everyone except hazard has to retreat quickly as fuck as soon as they go on their bikes. Forced into quick decisions their pace will actually impede their composure. 

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the 3 questions seem to be whether Rüdiger & Pedro are fit and whether Kovacic or Barkley will be preferred from the start.

Man, imagine how massive 3 points would be for the fans and the players' morale. The players will probably start to believe they really can win the league this season.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So the 3 questions seem to be whether Rüdiger & Pedro are fit and whether Kovacic or Barkley will be preferred from the start.

Man, imagine how massive 3 points would be for the fans and the players' morale. The players will probably start to believe they really can win the league this season.

It's surely going to be Kovacic.

9 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

dafuq did he not score that. That is probably the only quarrel I have with this season so far. It is perfectly understandable we are leaky at the back after switching back to back 4 which is harder than going to back 5. Not that we have not been scoring enough. But given all the chances we created we could have scored more from midfield and striker. Esp Kovacic and Barkley should start scoring at some point. With Pedro out we only have Hazard to bail us out, making us very predictable and Alonso who is absolutely unpredictable but we cant rely on a defender scoring us vital goals. 

Honestly we wouldn't be having this problem if we had a striker that can score. Very frustrating that what other teams find easy to get (a striker that scores) is a miracle for chelsea. 

Its not only Klopp that will have learned about us but Sarri will also have learned about them!

I would much rather played the Scouse gits a couple of months further down the line after a bit more time practicing. They will now be oat their strongest so tho it would stick in my throat to say it I would understand if we had a problem with them

I'm more bothered about Shaqirl than Salah to be honest. He had a very good game last time.

I bet we see Eden having 2 men on him. Arnold is fit so will be playing. But unsure if VvD will be fit.

We really need spmeone to take Firmino out of the game!

AC got sick in Scousland  but seems OK again Who knows. With Sarri saying Cahill wont last 90 mins then Ethan just might get some time?

The crowd needs to get behind the lads in this game. It might make the difference. But I recon if we get Eden to score in the 1st half the game will be ours.

11 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

We really need spmeone to take Firmino out of the game!

Firmino is essentially a box to box striker. He's a false 9 with the defensive instincts and workrate of a defensive forward.

he is like the the defensive-oriented version of the Raumdeuter role with the funneling reversed, he goes TOWARD players

Tactical Analysis

https://anfieldindex.com/25487/tactical-analysis-roberto-firmino-liverpools-master-space.html

13 hours ago, Vesper said:

Firmino is essentially a box to box striker. He's a false 9 with the defensive instincts and workrate of a defensive forward.

he is like the the defensive-oriented version of the Raumdeuter role with the funneling reversed, he goes TOWARD players

Tactical Analysis

https://anfieldindex.com/25487/tactical-analysis-roberto-firmino-liverpools-master-space.html

How about we stick a sniper in the stands with a ricin pellet?

This will be a totally different game than wednesday. Hazard I fear will be either kicked up in the air or shadowed by two for the whole game. This is where we need the others to step up and share the load. A first real test for Jorginho to show that he can unlock defences and conrol the game when the pressure is on. Defence too will need to play their A game. Hopefully Rudiger is fit as he had Salah on toast the last time at the Bridge. I want to see Giroud start as I think he can trouble them if he gets to carry on his recent link-up play with Hazard..

What I am very pissed off at is that I will miss watching this game because i have to bring my missus to see CLIFF FUCKING RICHARD.........CLIFF FUCKING RICHARD!!! I ask you, Shouldn't he be in a care home or a graveyard or something?? Could I use this in court as grounds for divorce ????????:middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger:

it will be a totally different ball game, both teams will field strong lineups, it must be said, we knocked them out of the EFL Cup with a portion of luck,  they had a number of chances before our equalizer, all credit to us for turning it around due to Hazard's brilliance, but we were very shaky in defense and if not for Willy's saves it would have been a different story for sure. We need to bring our A game at the Bridge, starting with a organized defense, Salah, Mane, Sturridge and Firmino will murder us if we allow them plenty of space, we cant keep relying on Hazard to bail us out everytime, the team will need to put a big shift on defense and attack, take our chances when they arrive and try to soak any pressure by Pool, it wont be easy at all and if we are organized and focused enough we can get a good result at home. Goodluck to the lads and KTBFFH.

My guess is that Klopp will have one of Keita, Wijnaldum, or Milner pressing and man-marking Jorginho all game long in order to disrupt our entire way of playing. Hopefully he can cope. They'll also have their fullbacks and midfielders doubling up on Hazard of course.

We have to also be prepared for their usual blitz in the first 15 minutes. 

Sarri: Working is the only way to improve

‘I’d like to have more time to train only on the defensive phase, and the defensive line, but it’s difficult. We are trying to work by videos and I think we will improve more in the next month. Of course it’s very difficult to play against Salah, Firmino and Mane but it’s very difficult for everybody, it’s not a problem only for us.’

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/9/29/sarri--working-is-the-only-way-to-improve