The FIFA Thread

Fulham Broadway

Cheers dude, very helpful.

I started a new game, first thing I did was sell Deco to Juventus for 2.8m then Carvalho to R.Madrid for 11m then signed Ozil, had to pay 22m though!!

My current formation is the 4-5-1, using direct passing and the 'control' tactic to begin with, I usually change to 'attacking' or 'overload' during the game.

My team is, with the starting player first and their backup after...

GK Cech/Turnbull

DL Cole/Zhirkov

DR Bosingwa/Ferriera

DC Terry/Ivanovic

DC Alex/Ivanovic

DMC Mikel/Ballack

MC Lampard/J Cole

MC Essien/Ballack

LW Ozil/Malouda

RW Anelka/Kalou

ST Drogba/Sturridge

I'm doing well but Drogba isnt getting too many goals, I'm playing him as a complete striker, should I change this to a poucher or taget man etc??

Anelka is doing brilliantly as an inside striker, and Malouda as an attacking winger. Im also using the 2 CM's as box to box midfielders and Lampard in particular is on fire, 5 goals in 7 games in the league.

Deco is by far the worst Chelsea player in the game so well done in getting rid of him. I'd get rid of Ballack too, he's useless.

Tactics on FM are something that are not at all universal. I'm not sure what I use would benefit you as well so I'd advise you to mesh it around a bit until you find what you're looking for. I will tell you what worked for me though -

4-5-1 with Mikel as watercarrier, Lamps as attacking mid and Essien as box to box. Anelka on the right as an inside forward, Malouda left as attacking winger and Drogba as a targetman. But when I'm behind with not much time left, i switch to 4-4-2 with Drog still as a targetman and Anelka as a poacher and it almost always gets me a goal or two.

I do have one tip for corners though, stick JT at the far or near post and instruct your corner taker to place the corners at whichever post JT is on. Ask Essien to challenge the GK during corners. JT bagged me 13 goals, yes 13! from corners in one season, also, Essien got another 6 by just picking up the pieces when one of Terry's headers were blocked.

And whenever one of your major players is coming off an injury, give him match practice by sticking him in reserves and organising a friendly between your reserves and youth side. Not only does this boost fitness, the player's morale also improves because of thrashing the youth side!

Better is the addition of custom audio – as a Chelsea fan, seeing the team coming on to Stamford Bridge to Harry J and The Allstars' 'Liquidator' was a special thrill.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1123409p2.html

1 day to go!

[url=http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1123409p2.html#ixzz111dLgTYO]

Came out in Australia today. Its pretty good, like minor things have been improved on last season. For example, players that have been loaned out are still in your squad. That said im a bit bored of it already. I wish the season mode was a bit better.

Came out in Australia today. Its pretty good, like minor things have been improved on last season. For example, players that have been loaned out are still in your squad. That said im a bit bored of it already. I wish the season mode was a bit better.

I don't like the idea that you have to be a player before a manager, because in real life player-managers are extremely rare.

Can you choose to be only a manager in career mode?

I don't like the idea that you have to be a player before a manager, because in real life player-managers are extremely rare.

Can you choose to be only a manager in career mode?

Yes, there are 3 choices in career mode, Player, Manager and Player/Manager

Also I got 4 games in online with my virtual pro, got 3 goals and 1 assist. Got screwed on the assists, we won our first game 4-0 and I set up all 4 goals, yet only got 1 assist for some reason. Then lost 4-2, scored both our goals. Then drew 1-1 and I scored the only goal, we lost our last game 1-0.

Manager mode is much better, and this time the crowd's are very realistic. I particularly like how the scores of other teams (as they are happening) appear as you are playing. Even fringe youngsters at the club have lifelike faces, Gael Kakuta is no different from real life in terms of appearance.

Being able to control your goalkeepers can be a pain though, especially when your attention is focused entirely on the full backs. Being able to add your own music as the team walks on the pitch, and during celebrations is a quality idea too. Although I’ am yet to figure out how to do this.

The overall game has been improved, so as usual fifa have raped, pillaged and murdered the pro evo fans delusional hopes of eclipsing EA's domination of the beautiful game.

. Being able to add your own music as the team walks on the pitch, and during celebrations is a quality idea too. Although I' am yet to figure out how to do this.

I did this. I added the Liquidator to the entrance but you can hardly hear it because the announcers are to loud over the top. I put the double double chant on after we win the game, that sounds good!

I can't believe Chelsea don't have the Gold PL Patches btw, even though Man-utd had them on fifa 10. :readthemessage:

Also, due to frustration with Kakuta, McEachran and co's progress in manager mode, I have decided to edit their level before starting another career. Another frustrating thing about manager mode is that Mikel dropped 5 points, even though he was a first 11 player and was playing in his favoured position lmao.

:censored:

Played on it round a friend's for a few hours yesterday. Passing is more realistic, and the defending has been improved massively. Its much more realistic.

The customisations are great but again (bar one good song), the soundtrack is fucking awful :lol: Thank god you can change that too :P

But all in all I enjoyed playing it - not really THAT much different from FIFA 10 but I'll invest in it eventually - maybe for Christmas when its £10 cheaper!!