The FIFA Thread

Fulham Broadway

Football Manager 2011 Release Date Announced

SI Games are delighted to be able to confirm the UK release dates for both Football Manager 2011 and Football Manager Handheld 2011 of November 5th 2010.

We expect release dates in all other territories to be similar, and there will be a thread on the forums where any territory release dates that will be different will be able to be found once they are confirmed.

What new features are expected?

fm2011_logo.png

Football Manager™ 2011

New features and improvements.

• Contract Negotiations - making its debut in Football Manager 2011 is a new live contract negotiation system, with a host of new contract clauses. Learn to deal with different types of agents as you try to secure your next big signing.
  • Re-vamped training system - including more basic training schedules and individual training focus where players can be in trained in 14 different skill areas. Plus, a new match preparation area, where you can get your team to concentrate on special focus areas, and train in specific tactics, in the lead up to a match.
  • Improved Interaction - new board request and backroom advice options as well as a new player interaction module allowing you to have private conversations with your players, including lots of options never seen before, taking interaction to a whole new level.
  • News subscription service - expanded to make the way that news and mail is distributed even more user friendly and immersive. Dozens of additional news items and a new module written to add more intelligence in the news items themselves.
  • Match View - play under the glare of the floodlights for the first time with night matches and over 100 new animations including player models, stadiums, goal celebrations and much, much more. Not forgetting improvements to what was already the best match simulation on the market.
  • Dynamic League Reputation - a new feature meaning as teams get stronger and perform better on a continental level, the league they play in will also get stronger, attracting more players to want to play in the league and a more accurate modelling of the changing face of world football

Press Conference revamp –

Not just a new look, and not just 150+ new press conference questions, but also all of the previous 500+ press conference questions have been fully reviewed, with possible answers revised where necessary, leading to press conferences being more intuitive and in situ.

Squad registration / squad number split –

We've separated out the squad registration and squad numbering screens, so you can now give squad numbers to players who don't need to be registered.

Newgen revamp –

Newly generated players, or newgens as we call them, are now created using a new system that looks at player templates for different styles of player, as well as taking national traits into account, to ensure that the types of player in the game are constant throughout the life of your own saved game.

Match analysis improvements –

lots of new options available on the match analysis chalkboard, with offsides, free kicks, corners, throw ins, clear cut chances, half chances all now available to analyse via the system, as well as the option to show all of the players match actions at the same time, rather than having to look at them all separately.

Set Piece Creator –

Much like last years tactics creator, we’ve now added a set piece creator to the game which allows you to set up your tactics at set pieces in a much more intuitive way.

B-Team & Amateur revamp –

Due to lots of feedback from our community regarding the way that B teams and amateur teams work in the game compared to real life, we’ve revamped them make them more accurate than ever before, including the chance to set up your own clubs B team at the start of the season in appropriate leagues.

FM11 new screens

We now have some screens to show off on our flickr page to give you an insight as to how these new features will work in-game.

You can find them here.

These features are in addition to those already announced, which you can find out about at http://www.youtube.com/sigames.

There are still lots of other new features in FM11 that have not yet been announced. Some of these will be announced in the coming weeks, and some will be left for people to find out for themselves once preview code is available.

Hope that helps mate :)

Anyone else annoyed that ROONEY AND KAKA made the cover? the RUNNERS UP last season? The player's who came SECOND TO CHELSEA & BARCELONA?.. Sigh..

Of course, I don't see why lampard couldn't have remained.

The UK cover shouldn't have only one premier league representative, especially not a carling cup winner.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I've just brought this game and want to express my views and ask for some guidance...

Ok so, I havent played a football manager game since Champ Man 4, which was EPIC, I loved that game and all the CM's before it, (I think the first one I played was set from 1995) but I havent played any of the FM or CM games since 2002ish.... thought I'd get back into it so brought FM2010, been messing around with it all afternoon and I love how detailed it is, I'm going to start a fresh game and do everything properly from the start.

I dont want to go around splashing too much cash, I'd like to develop some of the youth (Kakuta, Borini, McEachren etc) so what tactics etc would you guys suggest I use? Any decent youth players I could sign? And do you guys chop and change your backroom staff and edit training much?

Also, I really hate not having the clubs badge or any face pics for our players, can anyone suggest where I can download these 'patches' from and how to save them and use them? (I'm not too clued up on this kind of thing and I dont want to mess around with files etc)

Cheers.

I dont want to go around splashing too much cash, I'd like to develop some of the youth (Kakuta, Borini, McEachren etc) so what tactics etc would you guys suggest I use? Any decent youth players I could sign? And do you guys chop and change your backroom staff and edit training much?

To develop youngsters, put them in the first team squad and use the option 'make available for reserves' ( found on the player profile). Alternatively, you can out them in reserves but the first option is better because they'll stay right in front of your eyes on the first team page so you won't have to remember and go to the reserves' page to track their progress. Also, give them some minutes once the match is safe, and use them in the cup competitions. I do that and they develop very quickly with enough match xp. Another imp thing is to use good youth coaches. While hunting for a good youth coach, look out for the stats under 'working with attributes' and 'discipline'. Also, prefer coaches whose playing styles and mentality is similar to the one you use for your team. But ofc, if you include the young ones in your first team itself, then they get trained by your first team coaches.

Some good young players I would recommend are Lukaku, Marcelo ( Real Madrid), Toni Kroos, Mesut Ozil.

Hope that helps a little :)