The FIFA Thread

Fulham Broadway

4-5-1 is a better because you have both center and wingers, but only one striker... at 4-1-2-1-2 you have 2 strikers but only center or winger, not both, so after you see what players you have, you can decide...

I play a 4-3-1-2, with 2 wingers, 2 strikers but only 1 in the center and one defensive...

I usually play a 4-4-2 with my squad like this:

--------------------------------------Cech----------------------------------

---------Bosingwa-----Sakho------Terry-------------Canella------

-----------------------Essien----------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------Lampard-------------------

---Alexis Sanchez------------------------------------Zhirkov----------

-----------------Sturridge/Drogba--------Balotelli--------------------

Bosingwa and Canella on support, Essien as a supporting defensive mid, Lampard as an advanced playmaker, both my wingers on attack, Sturridge as a poacher, Drogba as a target man, and Balotelli as a Complete foward. It works well and a lot of the time I exchange a foward position for Ozil as an attacking midfielder to make a 4-4-1-1.

------------------------------------------------------Given------------------------------------------------------------

Richards--------------------------------Toure----------------------------Lescott----------------------Bridge

Zabaleta------------------------------------------De Jong--------------------------------------------Johnson

--------------------------------------------------Sergio Aguero----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------Adebajor-------------------------------------------Tevez--------------------------------

This is my tactic, but not always work... With Chelsea is much easy, you have covered every post very good, at Manchester City you have a challenge to build a team :)

Another new feature announcement for Football Manager 2011:

Another feature to announce for Football Manager 11

Press Conference revamp –

Not just a new look, and not just 150+ new press conference questions, but also all of the previous 500+ press conference questions have been fully reviewed, with possible answers revised where necessary, leading to press conferences being more intuitive and in situ.

Squad registration / squad number split –

We've separated out the squad registration and squad numbering screens, so you can now give squad numbers to players who don't need to be registered.

Newgen revamp –

Newly generated players, or newgens as we call them, are now created using a new system that looks at player templates for different styles of player, as well as taking national traits into account, to ensure that the types of player in the game are constant throughout the life of your own saved game.

Match analysis improvements –

lots of new options available on the match analysis chalkboard, with offsides, free kicks, corners, throw ins, clear cut chances, half chances all now available to analyse via the system, as well as the option to show all of the players match actions at the same time, rather than having to look at them all separately.

More to come soon... with screenshots!

Tuesday’s New Feature Announcement

B-Team & Amateur revamp – Due to lots of feedback from our community regarding the way that B teams and amateur teams work in the game compared to real life, we’ve revamped them make them more accurate than ever before, including the chance to set up your own clubs B team at the start of the season in appropriate leagues.

FM11 new screens

Over the course of the last few days we've told you about some brand new features for Football Manager 2011. We now have some screens to show off on our flickr page to give you an insight as to how these new features will work in-game.

You can find them here.

For those of you who missed the announcements. Here's a run-down on what you missed...

Newly revealed features:

Set Piece Creator – Much like Football Manager 2010’s Tactics Creator, we’ve now added a Set Piece Creator to the game which allows you to set up your set piece routines in a much more intuitive and user-friendly manner.

Press Conference revamp – Not just a new user interface, and not just 150+ new press conference questions, but also all of the previous 500+ press conference questions have been fully reviewed, with possible answers revised where necessary, leading to press conferences being more intuitive and in situ.

Match analysis improvements – Lots of new options available on the match analysis chalkboard, with offsides, free kicks, corners, throw ins, clear cut chances, half chances all now available to analyse via the system, as well as the option to show all of the players match actions at the same time, rather than having to look at them all separately.

Squad registration / squad number split – We’ve separated out the squad registration and squad numbering screens, so you can now give squad numbers to players who don’t need to be registered.

Newgen revamp – Newly generated players, or newgens as we call them, are now created using a new system that looks at player templates for different styles of player, as well as taking national traits into account, to ensure that the types of player in the game are constant throughout the life of your own saved game.

B-Team & Amateur revamp – Due to lots of feedback from our community, particularly from Spanish and Danish users, regarding the way that B teams and amateur work in the game compared to real life, we’ve had a revamp on the way they work to make them more accurate than ever before, including the chance to set up your own clubs B team at the start of the season in appropriate leagues.

These features are in addition to those already announced, which you can find out about at http://www.youtube.com/sigames.

There are still lots of other new features in FM11 that have not yet been announced. Some of these will be announced in the coming weeks, and some will be left for people to find out for themselves once preview code is available.

• 2 weeks later...

Played Fifa 11 Demo today. It's really good, seems a lot more realistic in terms of the controls. Takes a while to get used to though i guess, took me a while to score haha!

Bad things however are the confirmation of Ivanovic and Mikel's low ratings. Anelka is ACTUALLY 85 though, but 81 in RW, 85 in ST. Disappointing that there is no Ramires on the Demo, obviously this will be updated in the actual game, but would have like to have had him for the Demo. Most of Chelsea players look life like, which is great. Shame they didnt make Yossi look life like, he's one of the only main 1st team players that isnt realistic in appearance.

Recommend all fifa fans download it, i keep putting Josh and Gael on the bench and in my team haha :)

The most annoying thing about fifa 10, was the intro that you had to watch every time you played the game. Rooney beating lampard and scoring past cech.

Dude, totally agreed. THAT fat piece of shit could never do that for real haha :) Made me die a lil inside everytime i saw it...

Now the intro is Kaka walking down a tunnel haha, an improvement! :)

I think Ivanovic has a higher rating when played as a CB.

I want to play him at RB though! Fifa should get this right haha. And Anelka should be 85 on the wing, as he does play there for chelsea ffs. I mean they set it as a default formation, but players dont play as well there (on fifa) as they do in real life!

Dude, totally agreed. THAT fat piece of shit could never do that for real haha :) Made me die a lil inside everytime i saw it...

Now the intro is Kaka walking down a tunnel haha, an improvement! :)

Lmao, it had the same effect on me.

btw how do you know it's kaka', demo version?

Demo is quite good, the game play is slower than last time, celebrations are really funny, passing is not as easy so no more pressing 'A' or 'X' constantly, Kaka walking out at the start i was delighted with...its not as long as last time and its not Rooney.

Only thing i don't like is that it is a lot harder to beat player, near impossible. Anyone have tips on this and the penos?