The FIFA Thread

Fulham Broadway

EA announced today that EA SPORTS has developed a new feature called Be A Goalkeeper for FIFA Soccer 11 that will enable fans to experience the thrill of playing as the keeper, and for the first time in a soccer videogame, will place control of all 22 players on the pitch in human hands. The new feature will be available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 when FIFA Soccer 11 is available in stores September 28 in North America and October 1 in Europe and Asia. Chelsea FC and Czech Republic goalkeeper Petr Čech has been signed as the spokesperson for Be A Goalkeeper and will be featured in advertising, marketing and promotional campaigns.

Be A Goalkeeper is a completely new way to play—instead of thinking as a player out in the middle of the pitch, you have to think and react as the goalkeeper. Experience the thrill of the one on one battle, making the great save from a free kick, punching balls safely out of danger, the pressure of the corner, and most importantly, keeping a clean sheet. Be A Goalkeeper features three levels of accessibility with varying degrees of AI assistance—assisted, semi-assisted and fully manual. Fans will be able to compete as the goalie in Career Mode and enjoy a 15-year career or create themselves as the goalie in Virtual Pro 2.0 to learn the position, track stats, complete achievements and test themselves against the best players in the virtual world.

With control of the keeper now in human hands FIFA Soccer 11 will deliver an authentic replication of soccer online with 11 vs. 11 Online Team Play that locks people into the role of a single, fixed player the entire game. Now up to 11 friends on different consoles will be able to select and take control of their own individual players on the same team to compete against up to 11 rivals of another team.

“The phenomenal growth of online gaming and the desire of our fans to be able to play as the goalie was the driving force behind this innovation for FIFA Soccer 11,” said Kaz Makita, Executive Producer, EA SPORTS FIFA. “Friends can play alongside each other in their pro clubs with all 11 virtual players on the pitch human controlled. We have finally replicated football in the virtual world.”

Over 750 million online connected games have been played since FIFA Soccer 10 launched last October and over 350,000 pro clubs have been created that enable friends to compete alongside each other against rival clubs. Pro Clubs is one of the most popular online game modes in FIFA.

FIFA Soccer 11 reinvents player authenticity – on and off the ball – for every position on the pitch with Personality+, and introduces new Pro Passing where pass accuracy is determined by a gamer’s ability on the control pad, and player skill, situation and urgency on the pitch. Plus, experience true freedom in man-to-man interactions with 360° Fight for Possession that transforms physical play from just lateral jostling to full 360° collisions.

link

Be a Goalkeeper sounds brilliant... even though I am one already :D

Official UK front cover:

screenshot_235381_thumb300.jpg

Definitely going to be Rooneh and Kaka on the front though.

This one should have been it:

38943_fifa_11.png

Three best players in Europe.

Each regional version of FIFA 11 features different players on the cover. Kaká will be featured on the cover globally. The United Kingdom and Ireland covers feature Kaká and Wayne Rooney; the Australian cover features Kaká, Wayne Rooney, and Tim Cahill and the North American version features Kaká, Carlos Vela, and Landon Donovan

Fuck fifa, lampard should be on the cover again.

United only won the carling cup last season for fuck sake.

We got to deal with this... It's always the same ol' thing. EA does business, and unfortunatly Roonney makes more sales than Lampard...

My First Team Squad

(used editor before i started this save to get Ramires and Benayoun. and to have Delac join first season)

Goalkeepers:

Cech

Delac

Turnbull

Defenders:

Bosingwa

Ivanovic

Alex

Terry

Bruma

A.Cole

Midfielders:

Zhirkov

Essien

Ramires

Mikel

Benayoun

Lampard

Malouda

Kakuta

Kalou

Forwards:

Drogba

Sturridge

Anelka

Lukaku

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've signed (Alphonse Areola, Mats Rits and Arsenio Valpoort) for my U18's.

Also got Neymar joining at the end of the season from Santos.

And Joe Hart joining from Manchester City.

My transfer dealings:

Arsenio Valpoort - £1Million compensation

Romelu Lukaku - £9Million, plus future incentives.

Mats Rits - £1Million plus future incentives.

Also, loaned out alot of my youngsters to aid there development and there confidence. Also to give them more match time.

You may think 'them transfers are cheap' Well, yes. they are..i like to develop players.

Another way to get players on the cheap is to:

Praise that players clubs manager stating you have a 'Great friendship' keep doing it, you'll eventually bep ut on there 'favoured personnel'

Praise the player your interested in. See what feedback they give you. Like with all my dealings at the moment, i'm on all there 'favoured personnel' which gives me the advantage of securing the transfer with minimal fuss and gets me thinking 'i'm confident of signing this player'.

Publicly state your interest in the player.

Make the player feel wanted.

Unsettle the player at the current Club.

A good way to develop players is to:

Send them out on loan.

Tutor them with you first team players. as i'm currently doing with Drogba tutoring Lukaku, Zhirkov tutoring Kalou and Essien tutoring Ramires.

Give them match time - eg: Bruma, Kakuta, Conor Clifford, Hutchinson in the Carling/FA Cup.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delac, Lukaku, Kakuta & Bruma play Reserve Football to aid development aswell as First Team.

* I listed Kalou under midfielders as i prefer to use him on the left wing rather than a main striker. He's handy if Malouda or Zhirkov are injured. Also plays very well as a substitute

Lol you don't need to follow what the club is doing in real life (Ramires and Benayoun), you're the manager after all! (especially in the case of Benayoun). Zhirkov is fucking quality in FM, one of my best players. I forgot to give Kakuta a contract offer so he was snatched by Real Madrid doh.gif

How good are Neymar and Lukaku in FM? And also I'm not too much into developing players as you can see from my squad, although my squad's average age is 21, I just don't have to patience to tell my players to tutor etc.

Lol you don't need to follow what the club is doing in real life (Ramires and Benayoun), you're the manager after all! (especially in the case of Benayoun). Zhirkov is fucking quality in FM, one of my best players. I forgot to give Kakuta a contract offer so he was snatched by Real Madrid doh.gif

How good are Neymar and Lukaku in FM? And also I'm not too much into developing players as you can see from my squad, although my squad's average age is 21, I just don't have to patience to tell my players to tutor etc.

Lukaku is awesome if you let him play reserves aswell as 1at team in FM. Neymar's not bad either. but he n Hart don't join until next season :) Kakuta went to Real? Nooooooo he develops into a top notch player!! lol

Nah i know alot of people that don't like developing players. but ive always liked it :)

And i agree Zhirkov is brilliant on FM, by far my best and most consistant player.

Yeah I guess developing players is necessary though. My squad is well too small due to my lack of care for the reserves and also due to the fact that I have to sell to buy, because my club finances are only at ok, not rich blink.gif

Yeah, as with any Manager, your reserves are the future of your Club so it is necessary.. especially seinf as your finances are only, 'okay'... how on earth did you manage that btw? lol

Yeah, as with any Manager, your reserves are the future of your Club so it is necessary.. especially seinf as your finances are only, 'okay'... how on earth did you manage that btw? lol

I dunno, my wage bill is only 1.55 million quid a week, they said it was from using up the transfer budget of 68 million quid the first season, which is ridiculous because they wouldn't have given me the funds if it put the club's finances in such a position (which it wouldn't even in real life). Second season they gave me only 10 million for transfer funds for the goal of title winner, and then 30 million the season after.

I dunno, my wage bill is only 1.55 million quid a week, they said it was from using up the transfer budget of 68 million quid the first season, which is ridiculous because they wouldn't have given me the funds if it put the club's finances in such a position (which it wouldn't even in real life). Second season they gave me only 10 million for transfer funds for the goal of title winner, and then 30 million the season after.

lol thats a tad strange!

Would love it if SI would put the option of 'player-manager' into FM. would be cool.

lol thats a tad strange!

Would love it if SI would put the option of 'player-manager' into FM. would be cool.

There are already player-managers in the game (but you can't be one), but yeah, that would be cool if you could be a player manager.

I played with Chelsea FM 2010 many seasons, but is something... my game didn't work very well, I mean, I scored very hard, concede to many goals...

Now I'm at Manchester City (I know, money are the devil's eye) and the game is working very well, just 2 minutes ago I defeat Manchester United with 2 - 0.

The squad is the normal one (July 2009) + Lukaku, Milner + other young players (Ryan Bertrand, Nacer Barazite, Gai Assulin - all are at loan).

At Chelsea Lampard worked very well for me like Advanced Playmaker Attack, but at the middle, not in the back of strikers. Ballack is Box-to-box and he's shot is incredible strong and can score from 30 yards very easy :)

At Manchester City I like that you recive a lot of money and you can do what you want, at Chelsea... well... the club has a name and you can't mess the things around...

"Assign customized chants for every team and league. Set your home club’s anthems and chants to play during player introductions, halftime, and after goals. Even hear your name echo in the stands of Old Trafford or San Siro with customized chants for your Virtual Pro. Plus, play music from your hard drive in game."

''Harry Redknapp is a cunt, a cunt, a cunt''

or ''race you back to London'' at Old Trafforf -and ''Just like watching Shameless''