• Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Bulka (sub)
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Piazon (sub)

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Seven goals in last eight games, including the three pre-season friendlies so far. BIG concern. Morata at the front of it.

2. While we look much more positive going forward - hard not to be given how the dull the previous regimes ultimately were - we look like conceding every time when we have to defend. No cohesion in the pressing (yet, I hope) and keep getting exposed out wide. Wide players also forced to track all the way back (imagine Hazard and Alonso on the left flank!).

3. Speaking of Alonso, WHAT IS HE DOING AT LEFT BACK?!

4. Hudson-Odoi looks class. Obviously not the finished product yet but he's like a mini-Hazard.

We had a B team defense and C team midfield and strikeforce out in the last 20 minutes, we were absolute shite in that period but none of those players bar AC27 will be getting significant minutes this season so meh. The first half i felt was terrific, we totally dominated an Arsenal side further ahead in preparation than us and dealt with Auba very well despite playing a high line.

Will take a while to perfect and finishing is a worry but very promising early signs under the new regime.

Pressing and midfield should look better when Kante and even Willian are back. Not concerned about that.

I am very concerned about where the bulk of our goals will come from as well as our defending in wide areas.

Just now, Tomo said:

The first half i felt was terrific, we totally dominated an Arsenal side further ahead in preparation than us and dealt with Auba very well despite a high line.

Wasn't terrific, as Morata is our striker and he was a massive FAIL. Its not like a position were our best (like Hazard) is out on holiday still.

Morata has been on footballing holiday since January.

Just now, RoyalBlues said:

We need to solve some of the players future first, before buying some players.

That is 10000% on granny and the board. They are not giving Sarri the tools to play his style of ball with.

I am sure many just think all will come good once the real season kicks off. That to me is delusional thinking.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Wasn't terrific, as Morata is our striker and he was a massive FAIL. Its not like a position were our best (like Hazard) is out on holiday still.

Morata has been on footballing holiday since January.

I touched on finishing being a worry but our combination play was carving Arsenal open at will.

Just now, Tomo said:

I touched on finishing being a worry but our combination play was carving Arsenal open at will.

Yes, it was but no end product, which is the bottom line unfortunately. I am going to try and walk myself off the ledge and think positive thoughts. I am already so sick of whinging about Morata my head hurts.

If batshuayi can't come in and prove a better option than morata do we seriously have to start looking at one of our midfielders playing a false 9 role. Hazard or hudson-odoi doing a mertens?

Not ideal but then again morata is far from ideal.

Just now, Vesper said:

Yes, it was but no end product, which is the bottom line unfortunately. I am going to try and walk myself off the ledge and think positive thoughts. I am already so sick of whinging about Morata my head hurts.

Yeah, but the golden rule in football is eventually the performances catch up with teams. When we were scoring with minimul chances in 2015 under Jose it was always likely to bite us in the end and did, i'd be more worried if we weren't creating anything.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

That is 10000% on granny and the board. They are not giving Sarri the tools to play his style of ball with.

I am sure many just think all will come good once the real season kicks off. That to me is delusional thinking.

It certainly will get better and better once other players return. Not even Zidane could works his magic on this team who is without Hazard, Willian, Courtois, Bats, Kante, Giroud on it. That's 5 starter missing.

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

1. Seven goals in last eight games, including the three pre-season friendlies so far. BIG concern. Morata at the front of it.

2. While we look much more positive going forward - hard not to be given how the dull the previous regimes ultimately were - we look like conceding every time when we have to defend. No cohesion in the pressing (yet, I hope) and keep getting exposed out wide. Wide players also forced to track all the way back (imagine Hazard and Alonso on the left flank!).

3. Speaking of Alonso, WHAT IS HE DOING AT LEFT BACK?!

4. Hudson-Odoi looks class. Obviously not the finished product yet but he's like a mini-Hazard.

Agree with all your points...No goalscorer in the team except may be Pedro....it is really a big concern.... striker position must be sorted out

Wingers tracking back is something the likes of hazard will not enjoy...I think our team is better suited to 3-4-3

Few things that worry me after todays game. I thought Alonso would be ok but he does not work in a back 4, way to slow. Maybe when Kante comes back it won't be so bad but he should be able to hold his own and he can't, the amount of times he was just passed out the game was insane.

Barkley has now had minutes in all our pre-season games and I haven't seem him do anything to say he deserves his spot in the starting 11. He made a few mistakes today also, much to learn for him.

Sarri used RLC and Bakayoko in what I would assume  was his take of shutting up shop , neither of these players are up to this job, we will be conceding so many late goals with these 2 as our options to close down games, they are too clumsy for me. 

Morata needs to go, we can't have another Torres situation, the longer we keep him here, the more we lose on him. I would be more than happy for him to fill a bench role but it doesn't look like we will get anyone else in unless he goes. For me this is the most important, I think this game would have been over at half time if we had a better striker.