Jorginho

Unionjack

Paul Merson showered Jorginho with praise after Chelsea’s 2-0 win over Brighton and backed Frank Lampard’s side to secure a top-four finish in the Premier League.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/28/chelsea-star-jorginho-absolutely-outstanding-brighton-says-paul-merson-10826324/

22 hours ago, Tomo said:

Jorginho isn't Cesc with his through balls but that isn't his role in the side, we may aswell critisize Kepa for failing in that regard while we're at it.

His role is to have us dominating the middle of the park which since his arrival we've done more often than not, ironically the one thing Cesc couldn't do for shit.

The problem with Jorginho is that he played better last year yet received tons of hate. Against Brighton  he played like dynamic playmaker and he receive tons of praise that show how perception by media change everything. 

4 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

It looks like he was actually restricted by Sarri's style of play last season. Looks a completely different player at times

You want your holder to play more static role. Everyone does this. Yes they can push forward at times but in general you want him to be more conservative especially when he has two attacking mid in Barkley and Mount next to him. 

He was really solid defensively yesterday as well. He was constantly breaking up play and won the the ball back on multiple occasions.

I really have to question people who slated his performance off.

He also did that with no Kante and partially no Kovacic.

Another excellent all round performance yesterday. Read the game well, distribution was top notch and again a very authoritive figure on the park.

Personally think Barkley could take a thing or two from Jorginho in terms of when to play 1 and 2 touches or when to take more.

Imagine if City signed Jorginho last summer and not us. Think in terms of his role in this team and age he is a vital cog going forward for the next however many seasons. 

12 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Another excellent all round performance yesterday. Read the game well, distribution was top notch and again a very authoritive figure on the park.

Personally think Barkley could take a thing or two from Jorginho in terms of when to play 1 and 2 touches or when to take more.

Imagine if City signed Jorginho last summer and not us. Think in terms of his role in this team and age he is a vital cog going forward for the next however many seasons. 

I think city is very happy with Rodri. 

7 hours ago, communicate said:

I think city is very happy with Rodri. 

He is a very good player yes but I think his passing range is a bit more limited. Although under Pep it will improve but I do really think if he could of chose from Jorgi or Rodri, Jorginho would be his first choice.

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Very telling this.....if he keeps it up and even keep on improving then we have one hella of midfielder here. I still stand by that he was handcuffed under Sarii. He is already vital for us, good age, no social media Circus with him and looks a potential captain, pep can suck it, he is ours.

4 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

There were a handful of us saying this last year, that he was good enough defensively etc but he got a lot of criticism for the fact some people had no other reasons than he was Sarri's main man and basically the fuckin usual suspect English pundits like Ferdinand, Jenas, Shearer, Phil Neville etc said he didnt defend although if you watch back the last 15 or 20 games of the season you can clearly see him defending, not only that but to a high level too. Not a huge deal has changed under Frank in terms of what he does either without the ball, I just think that if it were any other manager than Sarri, who had basically said Jorginho will play in that position where these moronic pundits claimed Kante had played in the PL, the criticisms wouldnt of been as harsh.