Tanguy Ndombele

BlueLyon

15 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Midfielder who plays for Lyon (on loan) 21, style reminds on Vieira or spurs Dembele a bit.

Very strong, technical and dyanamic player.

If we are targeting Bakayoko replacement, we should definately grab Ndombele. 

I said pretty much the same about Bakayoko (that he would be great buy; but he dissapointed me alot), however I hope Chelsea wont stop pursuing ligue 1 based midfielders just because of Bakayoko being flop (and IMO he could still turn into fantastic mid if he regains confidence). Essien, Kante, Makelele, all top players, originating from ligue 1.

Ndombele, unlike Bakayoko has fantastic technique, good engine and plays very dynamic, but obviously he is very inexperienced, so it could end up another Mvila/Imbula with bad management. His character seems to be much better than those two. 

Wont cost shitload and imagine new playmaker-Kante-Ndombele next season in middle 3. 

I don't know this player but I respect your honesty about Bakayoko, I also liked him as a target for the club. I agree with your analysis about the attributes we need in that position. If Ndombele offers those attributes then let the negotiations begin.

On 03/04/2018 at 9:52 PM, BlueLyon said:

Midfielder who plays for Lyon (on loan) 21, style reminds on Vieira or spurs Dembele a bit.

Very strong, technical and dyanamic player.

If we are targeting Bakayoko replacement, we should definately grab Ndombele. 

I said pretty much the same about Bakayoko (that he would be great buy; but he dissapointed me alot), however I hope Chelsea wont stop pursuing ligue 1 based midfielders just because of Bakayoko being flop (and IMO he could still turn into fantastic mid if he regains confidence). Essien, Kante, Makelele, all top players, originating from ligue 1.

Ndombele, unlike Bakayoko has fantastic technique, good engine and plays very dynamic, but obviously he is very inexperienced, so it could end up another Mvila/Imbula with bad management. His character seems to be much better than those two. 

Wont cost shitload and imagine new playmaker-Kante-Ndombele next season in middle 3. 

If we got luis campos I think Ndombele would be type of player luis campos would go for his style reminds me of spurs dembele I read that lyon has a buy clause on him when his loan deal is up 

My dream signing for us to sign and develop. If we wait another year he'll be linked for £100mn+ sums

Two further caveats, I for one never felt that way watching Bakayoko, although ok at carrying the ball through weak midfields you could tell his general technique was lacking. Much more impressive players in that Monaco side (and France), for me.

The other thing is Ndombele doesn't have a good goalscoring record at all, with only one senior goal this season. For me, this doesn't worry me that much. He has a good shot from distance that the woodwork/great saves has denied him more, and he's a player who could grow into a goalscoring role, he has the IQ and technique to do so. For instance although you could see Milinkovic-Savic's potential last season to be a goal scorer in terms of his skillset he only scored 5, this season he's in double figures and has a 1 in 3 record. Even if Ndombele's goal output doesn't reach that level his dribbling and passing is good enough that, like Moussa Dembele, he could still be an important player in any midfield due to his unique skill set 

• 5 months later...

Has all the physical qualities with the technical qualities. Fully suited to the PL. Been watching him for a while and everytime I have been impressed. Last night showed how good he is against world class opposition and man, while a lot of Lyon's players were top quality, he was the pick of the bunch.

12 minutes ago, ja1 said:

Kovacic’s job well if we don’t get him on a permanent. 

After Hazard renewal, Luiz (out, benched and sold is my prescription) and striker shambolic state, this is my biggest concern.

Given our board, I would almost guarantee we fuck it up and serve merely as RM's incubator for Modric replacement.

• 3 weeks later...

Just posting this to appreciate what a talent he is lol. Easy on the eye. Similar in ways to KOvacic - perhaps less secure on the ball (also taken from what I've read some Lyon fans say from him) but more aggressive and risky in vertical play. I also believe he has better shooting technique..it just hasn't been released yet. Number of strong shots but no goals yet for Lyon

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2018 at 1:06 PM, ja1 said:

Just posting this to appreciate what a talent he is lol. Easy on the eye. Similar in ways to KOvacic - perhaps less secure on the ball (also taken from what I've read some Lyon fans say from him) but more aggressive and risky in vertical play. I also believe he has better shooting technique..it just hasn't been released yet. Number of strong shots but no goals yet for Lyon

A bit inconsistent for now, but extremely promising, very allround player.

If we cant get Kovacic on permament, Ndombele should be priority (or Neves)

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

A bit inconsistent for now, but extremely promising, very allround player.

If we cant get Kovacic on permament, Ndombele should be priority (or Neves)

I’m yet to see much of Neves but isn’t he more of a Jorginho player, if in our XI? Seen him compared to Xabi Alonso, and City are linked with him a lot in their quest for Fernandinho replacement.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Chelsea make advances in Ndombele move

Chelsea have reportedly made advances in a possible transfer for Tanguy Ndombele, despite their upcoming transfer ban.

The Blues’ appeal against the ban will be heard by FIFA on April 11, and it is believed that if they are unsuccessful, they will move the case onto the Court of Arbitration for Sport. However, even if they are ultimately prevented from making moves in the next two windows, Chelsea are making advances in their quest for Ndombele.

According to L’Equipe, Chelsea have floated the idea to Ndombele of him staying at Lyon for another year before joining them in the summer of 2020 when their ban will be over.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You