Tanguy Ndombele

BlueLyon

Tottenham will have to pay up to £63m to land their number one summer transfer target Tanguy Ndombele from Lyon.

Sky Sports News understands negotiations between the two clubs are ongoing, although a deal is not close to being agreed.

The versatile midfielder, who cost Lyon just £7m last summer, is currently on holiday and will take that time so consider his future before deciding on his return in July. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 7:01 AM, Vesper said:

shit

grrrr

he is a load to handle

deffo not a Bakayoko

Really? They've looked similar when you compare Bakayoko's time with Monaco. If anything, I think Ndombele has the potential to look clumsier in a fast paced league like the prem. 

40 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Really? They've looked similar when you compare Bakayoko's time with Monaco. If anything, I think Ndombele has the potential to look clumsier in a fast paced league like the prem. 

Bakayoko was all power. He used his strength to dribble past entire midfields there. And he was good DM. He turned into a complete donkey in PL, but maybe mentality played a part too because he was quite good in first games like spuds or atletico. 

Ndombele is way more offensive and creative. Smooth on the ball, has good technique and pethaps the most importantly, he is very dynamic which is complete opposite of Bakayoko. 

He bossed city along Aouar with amazing first touches, agression, ball control and passing abilities. If you compare that to Bakayoko vs city, he used his body and blasted through their midfield and retaken possession better, but he wasnt dynamic and smooth on the ball like Ndombele.

Ndombele may end up not enough productive if anything, but he surely wont have trouble with pace or power of PL. 

2 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Bakayoko was all power. He used his strength to dribble past entire midfields there. And he was good DM. He turned into a complete donkey in PL, but maybe mentality played a part too because he was quite good in first games like spuds or atletico. 

Ndombele is way more offensive and creative. Smooth on the ball, has good technique and pethaps the most importantly, he is very dynamic which is complete opposite of Bakayoko. 

He bossed city along Aouar with amazing first touches, agression, ball control and passing abilities. If you compare that to Bakayoko vs city, he used his body and blasted through their midfield and retaken possession better, but he wasnt dynamic and smooth on the ball like Ndombele.

Isn't using your strength and power to dribble past the opposition, being dynamic?

Ndomblele and Bakayoko have one thing in common in my opinion, a lack of composure. 

5 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Isn't using your strength and power to dribble past the opposition, being dynamic?

Ndomblele and Bakayoko have one thing in common in my opinion, a lack of composure. 

Bakayoko exclusively geared up when he dribbled past opponents, otherwise his play wasnt dynamic at all. Ndombele moves all the time. When on the ball, when off the ball. 

As for composure, I find Ndombele very promising, much better than Bakayoko. 

I remember when we got Bakayoko, i was believing in him, but I pointed out his ball control, first touch and composure have to develop big time. Seeing Ndombele, I dont have that opinion at all because he is way more quality on the ball. He has different issue and thats identity. He isnt DM, he isnt realy hard working b2b and he isnt realy creative. So he will have to polish a certain role or he may end up unproductive. But he has strength, speed, techique. All the tools to succeed in PL and I think he will. 

What is most important, Poch wont just dump him if he doesnt deliver after one season IMO. He can progress slowly.

Ndombele is much more promising than Baka, i actually watched a lot of Monaco games and when we were linked i was probably the biggest critic in signing him. I remember people were furious when i compared him to Ramires. 

Ndombele is a class above Baka from a technical standpoint, he needs work on his end product and put in a shift defensively on a more constant basis. He has all the talent to be a great CM, for me he is very similar to Kovacic. But Kovacic progression has stalled in recent years. 

11 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Ndombele is much more promising than Baka, i actually watched a lot of Monaco games and when we were linked i was probably the biggest critic in signing him. I remember people were furious when i compared him to Ramires. 

Ndombele is a class above Baka from a technical standpoint, he needs work on his end product and put in a shift defensively on a more constant basis. He has all the talent to be a great CM, for me he is very similar to Kovacic. But Kovacic progression has stalled in recent years. 

I'm fan of ndombele he as the potential to be cracking player but he needs to add goals and assists to his game or else he's going to be label another kovacic 

13 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

hat is most important, Poch wont just dump him if he doesnt deliver after one season IMO. He can progress slowly.

He will give them time if he believes the reward will eventually come but he's as ruthless as they come if players simply aren't cutting it (Jansen, N Jie, N Kokodu however you spell it).

What a player. Honestly gutted to think he is a Spurs player. No point comparing him to Bakayoko, he is vastly superior in every aspect of his game. He probably wont need that much time to adapt. Dont think hes as raw as Bakayoko was.

34 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I don't get the notion that he will just slide right in and adapt to the league instantly or at all.

Some players do. Kante for example.

Ndombele has all the tools to quickly adopt to EPL. He is quite unique. Technique of Kovacic but way way better athlete. 

Im surprised Psg or Real didnt snatch him up. 

Some players do. Kante for example.

Ndombele has all the tools to quickly adopt to EPL. He is quite unique. Technique of Kovacic but way way better athlete. 

Im surprised Psg or Real didnt snatch him up. 

Kante is one of a kind.

£60m~ for someone that is unproven to me is a massive gamble. A host of players have failed to adapt after moving from Ligue 1 in recent years.

The sides you mentioned probably realised there was better value elsewhere.

24 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Kante is one of a kind.

£60m~ for someone that is unproven to me is a massive gamble. A host of players have failed to adapt after moving from Ligue 1 in recent years.

The sides you mentioned probably realised there was better value elsewhere.

Wouldnt say hes unproven. He showed in Ligue 1 the last 2 seasons he is one of the best midfield players in France and one of the best young midfielders in Europe. As well as having been playing for France, which when you look at their midfield options is no mean feat. Honestly surprised Real, Juventus or City didnt go for him but Juve got Rabiot on a free and City have signed Rodri who is maybe better suited for them. Real maybe prioritising Pogba but Ndombele would of been an excellent signing for any team. Very capable already and will grow into a top top player. Only 22 years old with 150 games under his belt. 55m upfront with 10m in add ons in todays market for someone who over the next 10 years will be an excellent player is hardly a huge risk at all. Aouar will be the next big talent to move from Lyon. Should keep an eye on him. Be surprised ir City dont go for him to replace David Silva next summer despite having Bernardo Silva and Foden. Pep is a huge fan. We need to be in amongst the race for his signature come then.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You