Olivier Giroud

milka

Selling in January would be a huge mistake. Still a much better option than Batshuayi for me. Plus cant bring anyone in.

His comments in that interview are hardly bad either.

He says he doesnt accept his role, which has been on the bench/not in the 18 most weeks so its completely understandable because other than a back up GK or young kids breaking through, if they accepted this role youd be questioning their desire and hunger for the game. So yeah, I really have no complaints with that interview as he hasnt criticized anybody or made excuses.

He also made a very classy comment towards Tammy and his form about a month beforehand when asked about not playing so people with an issue with these comments, I really dont see why. I mean the guy is a world cup winner and has been pretty reserved and humble in to regards with his role this season other than that interview and bit before regarding Tammy which was pretty classy. 

Just think about it, he could be kicking up a huge fuss but he isnt, so fair play to the guy because remaining professional while not playing every week, after having that same issue at Arsenal and even in spells last season, youd maybe think hes getting sick of it and obviously this situation, it can affect players differently.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

he will get minutes for sure, the season is long, if he remains patient and professional he will be rewarded, on current form you can't just bench Tammy for Giroud, simple as that, but Giroud just needs to take his chances when they come, depending on the opposition and tactic changes. He's not a guaranteed starter anymore thats for sure.

8 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Perfect attitude to have. Pulisic should take note emoji57.png

Dont see why your saying he should take note he said something similar more or less. Not as if hes kicking up a fuss about not playing just said he was disappointed and would continue to work hard or something along these lines.... but I know the knives have been out for Pulisic since the day he signed.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:
Dont see why your saying he should take note he said something similar more or less. Not as if hes kicking up a fuss about not playing just said he was disappointed and would continue to work hard or something along these lines.... but I know the knives have been out for Pulisic since the day he signed.

Sarcasm... I guess it's lost around some & the emoji wasn't enough of a giveaway.

I'll just ignore the last part, as you are clearly barking up the wrong tree.

Olivier Giroud is considering leaving Chelsea if he continues to be involved as a substitute in games, according to the Evening Standard.

Giroud, who scored for France in their draw with Turkey last night, has started only one Premier League game this season.

Lampard on Giroud's lack of playing time and future...

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/frank-lampard-olivier-giroud-chelsea-17114792

"I had a good chat with Oli before he went away," Lampard said after Saturday's narrow win against Newcastle United. "I always respect all the players but particularly those of his age. I remember being in that sort of low-30s age. I love his professionalism.

"He was bang on when he spoke to me. He was bang on with his quotes when he was away with France. He shouldn't be happy and accept not playing. That's what good players do. I think, as I said to Oli, he will get his games and be a big influence for us.

"Because of how Tammy is playing at the moment there haven't been as many minutes. So that will be something I will sit down happily [to discuss] with Oli in January. But January is quite a long way away."

Asked if he would be happy to let Giroud go if he is still not getting any game time come the January window, Lampard added: "No because at the minute, as I say, he is a big part of the squad. As I say, Tammy has been producing but I would sit down with him because I respect him. But no, I want him here."

Definitely think Giroud will go in Jan. Deserves to as well. Can go to France and be the main man at a decent club where he can be very effective still.

Now that we have a striker in Tammy who is bigger and good holding it up, we should bring in a different sort of forward than we've had in years past. A pacey, second striker type. Someone in the Griezmann or Son style. A player who can play across the front line. Don't know who that would be, though.