Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Olivier Giroud

Jase
Followers 4

Well that's one I certainly didn't see coming. The club statement even says the option to extend was activated by the club already in April.

With some complications in the club's hunt for a new striker I suppose it makes some sense to have him as a backup option if the man himself agrees with a smaller role now? Surely an experienced player like Oli is a good influence in the dressing room.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Giroud is one of the best signings of past years. He had zero hype. He was cheap.  Yet he was key in Europa League trophy last season, and he was key in saving our season. Team looked set to fini

Genuine applause to the fans yesterday from him. Players who give their all are always loved by fans no matter who they may have played for. Well done Giroud and let's hope your example rubs off

Excellent image of Giroud doing a Costa with all the fallen Saints!

Posted Images

Like Jorginho said, everyone loves him because he is such a nice guy. And he is always there for the team when they need him.

Good news

Dont get why we have renewed him. He barely played with Tuchel? Although he is useful clearly in certain systems and when you need a goalz Unless the renewal is for resale but again he’s 34 or something? Interesting either way...

If he’s signed because he’s willing to stay and fight, to keep doing what he does, continuing to be an exceptionally hard worker by all accounts and very professional even when not playing, then kudos to him also. Just see it as strange thought he would like to have finished his career playing every week.

Well, didn't see the extension coming but hard to disagree with the point made here.

• Like 1

I guess once Oli made the France squad he stopped caring about playing time.... albeit there is a World Cup next season 

but I already suspected early this season deschamps would take Giroud even if he spent the year on an lsd trip down rainbow boulevard 

for sure means Tammy is gone

I am happy that we extended Giroud's contract. Everybody has his own opinion. I like Giroud and I believe that he is useful in certain situations. 

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Dan Lee said:

I am happy that we extended Giroud's contract. Everybody has his own opinion. I like Giroud and I believe that he is useful in certain situations. 

agree

Good decision. Either he will still be in the squad. Remind that he scored decisive goals this season especially in the CL and will continue teaching younger players with his exceptional professional standards. Or he will be transferred with a fee. All good for Chelsea in any cases.

Edited by BXL70

As long as Giroud keeps doing what he does I'll be happy to keep him as a wildcard attacking option. He has played that part in every season since he joined and I'd to say he's exceeded my expectations.

On 06/06/2021 at 18:06, different level said:

As long as Giroud keeps doing what he does I'll be happy to keep him as a wildcard attacking option. He has played that part in every season since he joined and I'd to say he's exceeded my expectations.

Me too. Where I am at the moment is he does stay next year unless we get a £10m+ offer for him. No point selling for under that as he has the potential to turn 1 point into 3 in games where teams sit super deep on us. 

• Jase changed the title to Olivier Giroud