• Willian (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mufassir08 said:

Cesc and Baka against Radja Strootman and DDR, Hmmm this can get ugly.

I promise you every single one of those 3 is borderline awful this season. Their best midfielders aren't on the field; Pellegrini & Gonalons. That would have been interesting. This is more predictable - surely we win.

That said, there's nobody who can't outplay our current midfield.:drunk:

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Our record in Italy...

D 1-1 Milan

D 0-0 Lazio

W 4-0 Lazio

L 1-3 Roma

D 2-2 Juventus

L 1-2 Inter

L 1-3 Napoli

L 0-3 Juventus

After that pathetic line up he put out expect the bad run to go on

Just now, Leif said:

I promise you every single one of those 3 is borderline awful this season. Their best midfielders aren't on the field; Pellegrini & Gonalons. That would have been interesting. This is more predictable - surely we win.

That said, there's nobody who can't outplay our current midfield.:drunk:

Your last line sums it up for me. Even if all three of them have been awful, Baka and Cesc together have been nothing short of a train wreck this season. Not expecting any miracles against even if an out of form midfield but still a midfield with plenty of quality. 

Yeahhhh...

A midfield 2 that includes Fabregas will struggle against even bottom half PL teams. Can't see how it's going to work in the CL against a midfield 3 away from home. It's like we've handicapped ourselves before the game has even kicked off.

10 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

This is why Conte never did well in Europe. His too stubborn. You keep your first  clean sheet in 6 games and all of a sudden you decide to change that??. 

Not sure if keeping a clean sheet against an insipid Bournemouth says much.

23 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

That midfield struggled against worst teams than Roma. Why not play Drinkwater aswell. How I'm just being pessimistic.

Said it a couple of posts ago, unless we switch to a back 4, playing 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 will be risky either way. Go with the former, we get exposed down the flanks - like in the reverse fixture. Go with the latter, we get exposed in midfield. Would like to think that we'll perform better than the first game.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeahhhh...

A midfield 2 that includes Fabregas will struggle against even bottom half PL teams. Can't see how it's going to work in the CL against a midfield 3 away from home. It's like we've handicapped ourselves before the game has even kicked off.

I do not think 3-5-2 suits for our style..Even though it covers Fabregas limitations...It hinders our attack and gives too much space just infront of wingbacks ..When we concede possession it actually becomes 5-3-2

Personally would've played Azpilicueta as a left wing back with Zappa on the right. Neither would let anyone really get behind them, meaning no chasing to do for Fabregas, in theory. I really like Azpi on the left.

+ it's damn shambles that we have Kenedy on our books. The guy should be a high-flying skill merchant dribbling past 11 players at once in La Liga or Serie A. Our arrangement is bad for both parties, and he's a player I know we'd love if he was at another (the right) club.

5 minutes ago, Leif said:

Personally would've played Azpilicueta as a left wing back with Zappa on the right. Neither would let anyone really get behind them, meaning no chasing to do for Fabregas, in theory. I really like Azpi on the left.

Same. It's like Conte wants to fold by playing Alonso and Cahill next to each other, I don't understand it. Azpi left, Zap right and the obvious CB choices in the middle - that is something I think would be solid defensively AND skilled on the ball. Or just simply keep GC away from the team and replace with Rüdiger, defence would be 20% stronger already.