• Kante
    • Boga
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Morata (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)
    • Craig Pawson

After this match was finished, all I could see were positive things coming from what transpired.

I am 100% happy with what happened today at Stamford Bridge and on top of everything, no players were badly injured.

We need another striker, two centre midfielders and two wingbacks. Hoping that at least four of those arrive this month.

Also, I'm pretty sure that my next Chelsea shirt will bear "Lionheart Luiz"  "30" on the back.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The result itself is not the problem. Sure losing at home vs bloody Burnley never looks good but the worst thing about it is the timing. We have been written off and rightly so because of our horrendous transfer window. Conte looks frustrated the team is not gelling yet not sure about the harmony in the team and then we lose when we needed nothing more urgently than a win against a side we usually should brush aside. Now the pressure is already on and we are heading into a gruelling fixture list. 

This is why Matić's transfer was problem. When we sort our squad shit out, Premier league will be long gone. Hope those who wanted Matić out ate their words. Who will play against Spurs, Chelsea U19? :D

14 minutes ago, El P. said:

This is why Matić's transfer was problem. When we sort our squad shit out, Premier league will be long gone. Hope those who wanted Matić out ate their words. Who will play against Spurs, Chelsea U19? :D

I still believe that was the correct decision. Today, Matic would probably not have started anyway. Conte likes to play Cesc when teams park the bus and Burnley were expected to do so. Also Matic would not have prevented the referee being an absolute wanker and sending off two players needlessly. Neither would Matic have mad Luiz place himself better for the two crosses he let in. 

Matic was and is a bang average player who becomes useless against good sides and offers nothing offensively except the occasional fluke goal or assist, which Cesc does regularly. The release of Matic itself was no mistake. To do so before we brought in an actual replacement/ a third fit centre mid was the mistake and that has been acknowledged by everyone who wanted matic out.

9 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I still believe that was the correct decision. Today, Matic would probably not have started anyway. Conte likes to play Cesc when teams park the bus and Burnley were expected to do so. Also Matic would not have prevented the referee being an absolute wanker and sending off two players needlessly. Neither would Matic have mad Luiz place himself better for the two crosses he let in. 

Matic was and is a bang average player who becomes useless against good sides and offers nothing offensively except the occasional fluke goal or assist, which Cesc does regularly. The release of Matic itself was no mistake. To do so before we brought in an actual replacement/ a third fit centre mid was the mistake and that has been acknowledged by everyone who wanted matic out.

I agree, it's not this game that is problem. Next game is, we have no players to play in midfield. :) It's not MATIĆ per se, it's any decent midfielder, we have none, bar Kante.

16 hours ago, LAM09 said:
18 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:
Starting Batshuayi is the fair thing. He has been great since April, had a good preseason and was decent against Arsenal. Morata is the new guy and his only match for Chelsea was a complete nightmare, worst debut ever. So why would he start?  He'll probably play today and play many more games, he'll have time to prove his class, but so far Michy is the no1.

Still fair?

Yes.

Morata didn't earn to start against Burnley, but with this performance he did earn it.

I wasn't able to watch the full game, only till 20th minute, I saw the red card wich imo it never was one, but looks like the refereeing will be like this against the champions this year. 

Unfortunately there isn't anything positive in this result for me. Losing from a side like Burnley, at home, in the first game of the year. Conceding 3 goals also. Also, the board did "perfect" job this window and you can see how good the squad is in numbers and in quality, something our manager begged for to be done, unfortunately he was let down by the pathetic people working in the club. 

Next 3 games are against 3 strong teams and we will be missing Hazard, Cahill, Cesc, Bakayoko and Pedro probably. We have only 1 midfielder for the match against spurs...  😀 Thank you board. Of course it could be worse, but the start of the season is horrible. Next 3 games will show a lot in what direction our team is going, I really hope the players will respond good after the first game, it will be fun to read the team sheet for the next game. 

The only positive thing for me was Morata's goal, hope it will boost his confidence and start scoring a lot, because we will need that. 

Yes.
Morata didn't earn to start against Burnley, but with this performance he did earn it.
Where's this earned nonsense coming from?

Bats should have lost his starting place after the Community Shield. You're telling me if Morata did nothing when he came on, Michy would deserve to start next week?

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Where's this earned nonsense coming from?

Bats should have lost his starting place after the Community Shield. You're telling me if Morata did nothing when he came on, Michy would deserve to start next week?

Michy was quite good against Arsenal while Morata caused a goal and fucked up a penalty so he was pretty much Arsenal's mvp. Why would have Michy lost his place?  

What's wrong with earned places? Torres started like every fucking game for years because he was expensive and supposed to be good. Sorry that i don't want this again. Morata didn't show shit before the Burnley game. He was better than Michy yesterday so i ok with him starting against Spurs. But if he starts to suck and Michy starts to score we shouldn't stick with Alvaro, let the better play. This is how a team should work like.

Michy was quite good against Arsenal while Morata caused a goal and fucked up a penalty so he was pretty much Arsenal's mvp. Why would have Michy lost his place?  

What's wrong with earned places? Torres started like every fucking game for years because he was expensive and supposed to be good. Sorry that i don't want this again. Morata didn't show shit before the Burnley game. He was better than Michy yesterday so i ok with him starting against Spurs. But if he starts to suck and Michy starts to score we shouldn't stick with Alvaro, let the better play. This is how a team should work like.
You must have watched another game, as I and several others around here thought Michy was awful. Judging Morata on 15 mins is farcical IMO.

I'd totally agree with you sentiment had Michy brought his preseason form with him to the UK. That clearly wasn't the case for many that watch the CS last week.