• Kante
    • Boga
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Morata (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)
    • Craig Pawson

I don't mind losing, once I can see some fight. I saw that all through the second half, so I'm happy enough. Lots of positive performances out there considering the circumstances. And Morata, wow. What an impact. He is better with his head than Digeo was or ever will be.

On a personal note, I am glad to be back venting with all of you. :)

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

2nd half was great, morata is great. I'm more optimistic now. Hopefully we sign a few people. Then hazard and bakayoko!

With Hazard and Morata In full physical form the starting 11 is good. Problem is that Chelsea can not face 4 competitions with only 12/13 players. There is need of quality and quantity on the bench.

At least the fight back was more than what Mourinho managed in his torrid campaign. Let's hope we can eventually win anything with this fighting spirit after all, cos all we got with it this summer is 3 narrow defeats. The team will not stay behind conte forever. when the board make him look a lame duck, they will turn on him. 

6 minutes ago, zakhov said:

The free-kick he gave straight after we scored the 2nd nearly made me lost it, and he also carded Rudiger just because his beloved Vokes was flailing around. 
To top it off, he didn't send the Burnley player off for a worst high challenge on Alonso. Time-keeping was also in shatters with how Burnley were time-wasting. 
Worst refereeing performance involving us since Clattenburg

Pawson, Foy, Clattenburg, Dean and the list goes on, fucking FA

After suffering several heart attacks throughout the first half, we can actually take a few positives from this game.

Morata was bloody brilliant when he came on. That assist was pure class.

Christensen looked solid. He is very calm on the ball and shows a shitload of ability.

Rudiger was actually pretty decent. He tried to force the attack with his passing and for that alone I was impressed.

Watching the first half performance showed glimpses of the collapse under Jose. It was looking like Conte might have lost the dressing room for a minute but the second half performance put that to bed. Great fight from the lads. Shame the second goal was offise and the handball wasn't given for the penalty. We did have 9 men playing against 12.

Some positives from this are that morata has hit the ground running and hopefully eased any doubts some had about him.

Christensen was good but we already knew that.

Hopefully Rudiger has put a stop to all the nonsense that was being said about him by a lot of fans. Thought he was out best player until Morata came on.

Also, great to see the fight from all the team, but for me, particularly Luiz whom I thought lacked a bit of his competitive edge last season.

The negatives are obviously the dropped points, but also, WHO the hell plays in central midfield next week??

20 minutes ago, The Mak said:

Same. It tells me the lads have not actually packed it in for Conte.

This is what I'm happiest about. I love Antonio, but what I saw in the first half worried me. It seemed as if there was no fight or spirit, the complete opposite of last season.

The second-half performance doesn't excuse how poor we were until half-time, but I'm actually proud and in the end frustrated because we so nearly snatched something. I think I'd have preferred to have seen us get smashed than lose by such narrow margins, but there is a moral victory to be found amongst all of this and I am seriously impressed by Morata. Just think - he was playing against two banks of four, for a team with only 10 - and then 9 - men on the pitch, missing two of their best attacking players in Pedro and Eden. Imagine how good he'll be when fully fit and with a half-decent line-up alongside him?

Usually after a defeat I'm fucking gutted, but the way we rallied says a lot about the manager and about this team. I'm proud despite the defeat, I remember a similar occasion when we lost 4-2 to Man City under Ancelotti in the Double season. We went down to 9 in that game also, but from 4-1 down, in the last ten minutes we dominated them. Got it back to 4-2 and then nearly scored a third as well. Today was a similar display of character and things will only improve when we bring in some reinforcements, when our two best players from last season (IMO) are back in the side, and with some more reinforcements.

The positives:

Let's focus on the plus points and move on to next weekend. 

Could be the best defeat we will have ,if they can channel the fire in the right direction going forward , can't wait down the line with Bakayoko-Kante, Hazard-Morata all gelling , ffs come on board 3/4 signings wakey wakey

Think we'll be forced to play Luiz in midfield next week. You know he'll be hyped up due to the opponent and because he'll know he's got huge responsibility in that position. 

If that happens, it'll be a mega test for Rüdiger and Cristensen.

1 minute ago, Thendo said:

So we have the total of one central midfielder in the squad against Spurs next weekend...crazy how we  have gotten ourselves in this situation.

Wouldn't be surprised to see either Bakayoko "forced" into playing even if not fully fit, or Rudiger/Luiz starting in CDM alongside N'Golo.

11 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

Absolutely loved the fightback at the end. 

Defeat is certainly negative but the reaction is positive. Does not seem to me that the team does not follow Conte anymore.

i have no doubt we would have won today if not for Cahill´s stupid sending off, but maybe this is the catalyst for the board to wake the fuck up and see we are in clear need of squad depth. Loved the team fighting spirit, not giving up even with 9 men, but lets not forget it was Burnley we were playing, if it was Tottenham, Arsenal, City, etc the story could have been much different, but lets take the positives from this game, despite the fact that we lost to fucking Burnley at home on opening day and it makes me so mad. Cheers

Just now, mccg said:

Could be the best defeat we will have ,if they can channel the fire in the right direction going forward , can't wait down the line with Bakayoko-Kante, Hazard-Morata all gelling , ffs come on board 3/4 signings wakey wakey

Despite the fight-back, it gives Conte more ammunition to go the board, tell them what absolute shitcunts they are, and inspire them to actually maybe considering buying another player or four?