Alex Sandro

iceboy

1 minute ago, akgw13 said:

Spinazzola just finished the 1st year of a 2 year loan. Similar as to when we tried to take Christensen back last year but Gladbach held onto him. 

Leonardo Spinazzola will reportedly stay with Atalanta for the coming season, following talks with Juventus today.

The Italian international joined the Orobici on a two-year loan last summer, but it was suggested he could return to Turin a year early.

However, Gianluca Di Marzio’s website reports that the two clubs met today and Atalanta are confident that they’ll be able to keep hold of Spinazzola.

The left wing-back staying in Bergamo could have ramifications for Alex Sandro’s future, as he was seen as a potential replacement for the Chelsea target.

If Juve are indeed willing to let Spinazzola stay with Atalanta for another season, it could indicate that Alex Sandro is staying.

http://www.football-italia.net/105295/spinazzola-stay-atalanta

Juve have an option to terminate it, but decided not to take it. Surely, that means something.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Juve have an option to terminate it, but decided not to take it. Surely, that means something.

Where did it say there was an option to terminate it? It was suggested, but i don't believe Juve had a choice. They tried to negotiate with Atalanta but they wouldn't release the player from the 2 year loan agreement? Which is why i referenced Christensen, These 2 year loan deals are complicated to break especially if you have a good relationship with the loan club.

1 minute ago, akgw13 said:

Where did it say there was an option to terminate it? It was suggested, but i don't believe Juve had a choice. They tried to negotiate with Atalanta but they wouldn't release the player from the 2 year loan agreement?

Di Marzio said the two club met today. What else they are talking about, if not there was an option?

Just now, RoyalBlues said:

Di Marzio said the two club met today. What else they are talking about, if not there was an option?

They would discuss the possibility of breaking the loan and the player returning to Juve, Perhaps Juve could send them another player or cash considerations if Atalanta wanted to play ball, they seemingly want to keep the player and have Juve honour the agreement of the 2 year loan. That is my understanding anyways, if there was a definitive option this wouldn't even be a discussion, Juve would exercise it(if they really wanted the player) and there would be nothing Atalanta could do in the matter besides send the player back.  

8 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

They would discuss the possibility of breaking the loan and the player returning to Juve, Perhaps Juve could send them another player or cash considerations if Atalanta wanted to play ball, they seemingly want to keep the player and have Juve honour the agreement of the 2 year loan. That is my understanding anyways, if there was a definitive option this wouldn't even be a discussion, Juve would exercise it(if they really wanted the player) and there would be nothing Atalanta could do in the matter besides send the player back.  

From my understanding, that possibility was I called "option". Whatever it was, at the end of the day it looks like Spinazzola will be loaned out for another year though. So my point stand still.

Just now, RoyalBlues said:

From my understanding, that possibility was I called "option". Whatever it was, at the end of the day it looks like Spinazzola will be loaned out for another year though. So my point stand still.

Yes you are right he will still be out on loan, but my original point is Juve wasnt sending him out this year and selling Sandro. Spinazzola was already out and will continue to be out on loan, not an available option for Juve. Sandro may or may not still be sold. 

2 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Yes you are right he will still be out on loan, but my original point is Juve wasnt sending him out this year and selling Sandro. Spinazzola was already out and will continue to be out on loan, not an available option for Juve. Sandro may or may not still be sold. 

If they have an opportunity, but didn't take it, I will consider they screwed it though. If I'm Juve fan, I'll be angry about it.

38 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

@akgw13is right. If there was a break option in the loan agreement then Juve could simply exercise it; no need for a meeting. A meeting is only necessary to try to reach an agreement when it does not already exist.

It's a reasonable guess that such a meeting would involve talk of compensation. You can imagine that Juve would have had lots of cash from the supposed Sandro deal with which to grease Atalanta's palms.

There are examples of this from our own deals, and the loaned player himself might have something to say of course. There seems to have been a break clause in Ake's arrangement, Andreas made it clear he would only return if he would be starting, and Juan Cuadrado simply didn't want to return at all.

22 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

If there was a break option in the loan agreement then Juve could simply exercise it; no need for a meeting. A meeting is only necessary to try to reach an agreement when it does not already exist.

It's a reasonable guess that such a meeting would involve talk of compensation. You can imagine that Juve would have had lots of cash from the supposed Sandro deal with which to grease Atalanta's palms.

There are examples of this from our own deals, and the loaned player himself might have something to say of course. There seems to have been a break clause in Ake's arrangement, Andreas made it clear he would only return if he would be starting, and Juan Cuadrado simply didn't want to return at all.

Yes it could be the case, but we don't know anything what really discussed in the meeting and who request it. How if Atalanta who request about the meeting, somehow to begging for Juve not to take the option? who knows, at least they tried and paid off.

"Atalanta are confident that they’ll be able to keep hold of Spinazzola."

Seems very much suggesting Juve did have an option, and Atalanta initiate the meeting requesting for him to stay.

The point is that this has been going on for too long. And when something like that happens, mostly means the deal isn't going through. 

Alex Sandro himself isn't pushing for a move and Juve wouldn't want to lose him as he is a class LB.

Another blow for Conte who I seriously think isn't going to be cool with this. Even tho it's not completely Chelsea's fault for missing out on him. 

It's not a secret that Juventus are being linked to Left Backs in this wondow, also the fact that they haven't yet stated the fact that Sandro is not up for sale, neither have they tied him down to a new contract. 

All this makes me believe that Sandro still has higher chances of joining Chelsea than staying at Juventus, I just think they want to identify a left back before they would want to let him go. Multiple meetings with Chelsea reps also means they aren't exactly against the deal, else it would have been off by now.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You